Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game like TERA without TAB targeting?

LoveleLovele Member UncommonPosts: 55
Any game similar to TERA's targeting upcoming this year? TERA get's crappier by the day and I want a new kickass MMO to play. Any MMO's that has similar targeting like TERA coming out this year? Thank you.

Comments

• BailoPan15BailoPan15 Member Posts: 410

WildStar but it replaces the crosshair with telegraphs, but its quite fun

other than that TESO but its quite underperforming and the combat is really nothing compared to TERA. 

Guild Wars 2 has a mixed combat, in the way that you can strike your targets without target, or have the auto target tech do the targetting for you so you would never have to target yourself. Classes that might raise your fun levels are the warrior and the thief. Tab target or not, thieves are super hard to lock on to because of the constant stealth. And warriors have many directional abilities that do not require target. 

• eHugeHug Member UncommonPosts: 265
    Originally posted by Lovele
    Any game similar to TERA's targeting upcoming this year? TERA get's crappier by the day and I want a new kickass MMO to play. Any MMO's that has similar targeting like TERA coming out this year? Thank you.

If you don't mind the mix of a heavy active pve grind and full loot, check out Darkfall Unholy Wars. It's an amazing game if you got the time to play it now that they made it really time intensive. It has no tab targetting or lock on skills (except for a healing link).

LFG!
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by BailoPan15

other than that TESO but its quite underperforming and the combat is really nothing compared to TERA.

IMO, Tera has better targetting than ESO, but ESO has way better combat. The problem with ESO combat is, again, the targetting, effectively making it a tab target game hiding behind a reticle. Tera has really good targetting but the combat, oh god... i dont want to see an other game with such poorly implemented ¨action¨

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by rojoArcueid

IMO, Tera has better targetting than ESO, but ESO has way better combat. The problem with ESO combat is, again, the targetting, effectively making it a tab target game hiding behind a reticle. Tera has really good targetting but the combat, oh god... i dont want to see an other game with such poorly implemented ¨action¨

Wait, huh?!

How is TERA's targetting better than ESO, or even visa versa. They are literally the same thing (retical based with option lock-on). I know the combat behaves quite differently between the two, but that's not the same as the targetting mechanism.

• suckm3suckm3 Member UncommonPosts: 187

Nvm :p

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”? -Albert Einstein 

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by aesperus

Wait, huh?!

How is TERA's targetting better than ESO, or even visa versa. They are literally the same thing (retical based with option lock-on). I know the combat behaves quite differently between the two, but that's not the same as the targetting mechanism.

In Tera you hit anything in front of you so you dont need a single target to hit. In ESO you need to highlight a single target and your attacks magically clip through the rest of the enemies and dont hit them because you have a single target acquired (the highlighted one). Of course AoE spells will hit anything, but other attacks that are supossed to be wide swings only hit the highlighted target. That is what i call a tab target system hidden behind a reticle. Also ranged spells need a target in ESO so if the target moves, the spell goes into auto pilot and chase him. In Tera you shoot to the air if there is no target.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by aesperus

Wait, huh?!

No, you can tab target in ESO...

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

Check out the Secret World sometime.

You should easily be able to get a free trial key in this thread.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/