Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Europe's and North America's publisher announced

FondelFondel Member UncommonPosts: 98

http://2p.com/7889547_1/Black-Desert-NA-amp-EU-Publisher-Is-Daum-Communications-by-Nichole.htm?p=fx

Good news! I rather have a korean publisher than any EU/NA publisher to ruin and carebearlize the game.

Total overview on publisher so far:
Korea: Daum
Russia: GameNet.ru
North America: Daum
Europe: Daum

Maybe an english release in 2015??

Comments

• The.agGThe.agG Member Posts: 119

Never herd of Daum but it would be a good change to have the Korean publishers support EU and NA as well. This would maybe reduce parity delays with respect to latest patches and the sorts as we see in other Asian games, atleast i hope it happens....

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

Korean publishers are twice as more greedy

Some of them develop mmos just for the purpose of cash shop and some of them work with gold sellers.  Some of them are the gold sellers lol.

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739

That is really good news.

Hope that they dont feel the need to translate to french and german for EU so that EU and NA release will be almost same time.

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Originally posted by Nasa

Hope that they dont feel the need to translate to french and german for EU so that EU and NA release will be almost same time.

Unfortunatly I do not agree with this, a Korean publisher handling the west does not bode well imo, support will likely be subpar and the f2p models for Korea are normally more greedy than the west ones.

• FondelFondel Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Originally posted by Moodsor

Unfortunatly I do not agree with this, a Korean publisher handling the west does not bode well imo, support will likely be subpar and the f2p models for Korea are normally more greedy than the west ones.

Why would the support be subpar? Have u got any expirience on playing a korean game on a korean server?

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886

Hell yeah!

The fact that the publisher is the same as for korean version - the publishing will be much faster than with a different one. The more so if we add up that the translation is already about to be completed

My Black Dester western release guess? Few months after the korean one which happens towards the end of 2014

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886

Yeah...because western publishers arent greedy bastards that are willing to mutilate franchises and principles of games for the vision of easy money..

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Well, at least they're not going with a whole bunch of different publishers who all enforce their own version of the game and don't communicate with each other.

Having the same publisher for the original region and the West could be positive.

Then again, I've never heard of these guys, so its wait and see as far as their policies go.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by Fondel

Why would the support be subpar? Have u got any expirience on playing a korean game on a korean server?

I think he meant having a korean company do the support for a game in NA or Europe.  Things like timezone differences for example will make this a bit harder.  

Now, I personally will wait to judge in till I see the final product in front of me.9

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by Pigozz

Yeah...because western publishers arent greedy bastards that are willing to mutilate franchises and principles of games for the vision of easy money..

Sometimes I think people forget that money corrupts people from any nationality.

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    I wonder since its the Korean publisher that is taking the NA/EU, Will they have to subject themselves to the NA vision of decency? Like when an outfit is to revealing, the NA publisher would add more cloth to the outfit to coincide with the conventions of the NA crowd.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    Originally posted by xAPOCx
    I wonder since its the Korean publisher that is taking the NA/EU, Will they have to subject themselves to the NA vision of decency? Like when an outfit is to revealing, the NA publisher would add more cloth to the outfit to coincide with the conventions of the NA crowd.

Publishers don't add anything to a game, including the clothing.  They may ask the developers of BD to do so but they don't alter the code base themselves as a general rule.

All a matter of what rating they want the game to receive.  If they don't mind a M+ then anything is the limit, but most publishers want a milder rating for MMO's in order to draw a wider audience.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Hallelujah! Huge weight of worry lifted off my back.
  • xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Originally posted by xAPOCx

Publishers don't add anything to a game, including the clothing.  They may ask the developers of BD to do so but they don't alter the code base themselves as a general rule.

All a matter of what rating they want the game to receive.  If they don't mind a M+ then anything is the limit, but most publishers want a milder rating for MMO's in order to draw a wider audience.

Thats news to me. Iv always saw it as the publisher would allow for a minimum of "fan service" i guess you would call it. Perhaps its tied to the rating system but then that coincides with my decency statement. If they want to get a better rating for a broader audience, then they have to cover up the gals and guys. But It is a Korean publisher this time. Perhaps they don't give a shit about ratings or the NA vision of decency.

• Cole11Cole11 Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo

Korean publishers are twice as more greedy

Some of them develop mmos just for the purpose of cash shop and some of them work with gold sellers.  Some of them are the gold sellers lol.

They'll have to adapt to EU/NA market anyway. Not like they have any choice. If they're more than slightly greedier than our average western editor, their project is dead over here.

• MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    If it is a korean company, what about the phsyical servers and people handling those servers. Where will they be located?
  • FoobarxFoobarx Member Posts: 451
    Originally posted by Mavolence
    If it is a korean company, what about the phsyical servers and people handling those servers. Where will they be located?

North Korea 

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

It is not that they are greedy,  it is that they think Americans are made of money, impulsive, have piles of  disposable income, are idiots, and have no restraint.

Mostly they are correct.

Play the same game on an asian server and you will generally pay pennies on the dollar for the same items and usually better service.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Originally posted by Foobarx

North Korea 

Wait, so Kim-Jong-Un is in charge of the servers?

• DeathageDeathage Member CommonPosts: 146
    Originally posted by flizzer
    Originally posted by Foobarx

North Korea 

Wait, so Kim-Jong-Un is in charge of the servers?

Yes, and he will be handling the forums as well. All /hail our glorious immortal moderator!

@ topic: finally this is ironed out. We gotta get moving on release here so the hype train doesn't totally leave the station

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Would have loved to see En Masse get this one. They are the only publishers  like. Daum?
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142

Daum bought OnNet back in 2011 and its OnNet that will handle publishing the game in USA and europe

Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • gimmiblackdesertnowgimmiblackdesertnow Member Posts: 56
    Finally.. time to change my account name I guess.
  • HerzyHerzy Member UncommonPosts: 184
    Originally posted by Jockan
    Would have loved to see En Masse get this one. They are the only publishers  like. Daum?

With BD, EU now has the same publisher as NA. I'm sick of EU always getting the short end of the stick when it comes to Korean titles. Shitty, terrible, just fawful EU publishers.

En Masse is purely NA based. I would have loved them for EU too.