Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you even get this game to install?

AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
Sorry in advance if this was already posted about or whatever, but I was looking for hours and didn't find any official way to get this game to work, only player suggested work arounds. My problem is that I will download the SWTOR_setup from the official site, run it, and it will disappear when trying to install at setup.exe. So I'm wondering if they said anything officially about this problem that I can't seem to find out about or do I really have to get the game to run "unofficially" by unzipping the file etc?

Comments

• handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322

just go onto the net and see what people said,i remember buying the game and it also went black screen but I team viewed a friend and he loaded some patches that he found on the net from players with the same problem.

I have dawn loaded the game a gain after about a year and had no problems though.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033

Have you tried erasing it off your HD and re-downloading?  I don' mean to insult your intelligence.  It's just sometimes we all forget a simple step here and there.  

Anyways, I haven't heard of this problem personally.  So, I don't really have any answer for you.  I do hope you get some help and/or find a solution.  It's a great MMO.  

Let us know if you solve it.  Would love to hear an update.