Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The "Makeb like" expansion

FlintsteenFlintsteen Member UncommonPosts: 282

It seems to me most people on the official forums take it for a given that this expanion will include more levels. Personly when i read "Makeb like" i was mainly thinking.  New big planet with a decent faction story and a bit of sidestory,  and ofc some of theese converted to daylies after completion. Add to that a new operation and hopefully a couple of new flashpoints. That's it pretty much.

Now with the way the questions from classrepresentatives have been answered i suspect most people are right and we will get more levels. It's ok i guess. Leveling in itself never realy interests me. Especially the first levels as tank and healer missing some key features.

The thing is.  What do we realy know about this expansion.  We know that we will get some class rebalancing from the classquestion threads. that may suggest a level increase,  but that we dont know for sure unless i missed a post. We know it will be "makeb-like"  but what other official statements have been made.

Also,  what are your hopes for this expansion.

Personly i think we'll get a new planet with factionstories. I hope this factionstory will include a couple of flashpoints like the Ilum factionstory.  Mabeb had GSI quests so maybe it's not too much to hope for another type of minigame. Preferably a game you can play againts your friends. (podracer ?)  I think it will include a new operation,  and maybe one or even all the level 50 operations turned into max. level

Also i wish level 50 hardmode FP's turned into max level hardmodes. I know,  we all want new flashpoints,  but i also want more than 4 maxlevel FP's,  so making hardmode = maxlevel at least for flashpoints will be fine with me.

Crafting,  i dont expect much more than what we got with Makeb. New recipe's of the same old stuff. I hope to see some stronghold furniture/art/weapons recipes though. Maybe that will come with the GSH expansion,  but if it were me i would probably hold back most recipes for the next expansion.

I wont be disapointed if we doesn't get a level increase though even if i am more inclined to believe we do.

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Flintsteen

Crafting,  i dont expect much more than what we got with Makeb. New recipe's of the same old stuff. I hope to see some stronghold furniture/art/weapons recipes though. Maybe that will come with the GSH expansion,  but if it were me i would probably hold back most recipes for the next expansion.

They already confirmed we'll be able to craft our Legacy storage, so it seems a given that we'll be able to craft a few other things as well.

I also expect that they'll raise the level cap again, probably from 55-60.

I don't think getting a new mini-game will be out of the question, they seem very focused on giving the game more "diversity", first with Galactic Starfighter and now with Strongholds.

As for story, I imagine it'll be a faction one that continues the new storylines that Lana Beniko and Theron Shan started with the new tactical FPs.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367
    The level cap raise was confirmed at a Cantina event. Nothing else has been since, they really don't like talking about it since they fell two months behind schedule on housing. I would be shocked if 3.0 came out this year, hopefully it has expanded content for the seeker droid and binoculars but I doubt it.
  • KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779

It's really too bad they won't continue the class stories, though I understand it's a lot of work. 

The problem with Makeb while a good story is that it's all the same. If you could at least branch of into two different sides on each side, that would make four different paths. Two on imp, two on republic. that way you could get something different on 2, 3 and 4th character. 

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Another teaser released today.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20140723

Hi folks! I’m Charles Boyd, Lead Writer for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. Let’s talk story!

The war between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire is still raging, the Hutt Cartel’s invasion of Makeb has been stopped in its tracks, the Dread Masters have been defeated… so what’s the next step?

Forged Alliances

The first chapter in our next major storyline is already available: Forged Alliances, Part I. Comprised of two flashpoints, Assault on Tython and Korriban Incursion, Part I will introduce you to some key new allies as well as the central mystery of the content yet to come.

While you can always jump straight into these flashpoints with Group Finder whenever you’re looking for some action, the best way to experience the storyline is to find A7-M1 on Vaiken Spacedock or T3-G2 on Carrick Station—they’ll point you toward their masters and begin the overarching quests that connect Assault on Tython and Korriban Incursion.

In the future, these trusty droids will continue to introduce subsequent chapters in the Forged Alliances storyline, so be sure to check back with them for 2.9 and beyond!

Speaking of the Future…

As Bruce has mentioned, Forged Alliances is a three-part story. But that doesn’t mean that Part III will be the end – these flashpoints lead directly into our next major story expansion, our largest since Rise of the Hutt Cartel. While we don’t plan to require that you play the flashpoints before jumping into that expansion, it’s by far the best way to experience the storyline, so don’t miss out!

We’ll be releasing a lot more info soon, but for now, here’s a teaser to tide you over…

http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/en/na/StoryOfSWTOR2014_07232014/Story2014_4_854x480.jpg

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• hmm i wonder if they are going to use that droid head the wookie carries around as a translator for him. i know it is a nod to chewie and c3po in empire, but they have the head wired into his chest piece

• ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

Hi folks! I’m Charles Boyd, Lead Writer for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. Let’s talk story!

That's got to be a cushy job. I can't handle all this story coming out of SWTOR, so much I can't keep up!

This blog post is probably the only thing he's written in months.