Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EN/EU Publisher to be Announced in 1-3 Months

Today at E3 during GoHa.ru's interview with Pearl Abyss, they were asked about the current state of the EN and EU Publishers. They stated that the EN/EU Publisher would be announced within the next 1-3 months (June-Aug) - They were leaning more on 1 month. This implies that either the EN Publisher will also manage the EU servers (or at least be international with limited or no IP blocking), or simply that information on both Publishers would be published in 1-3 months.

They also mentioned they would like to eventually bring BDO to console systems.

2p.com will be doing their Interview with PA next, and Ill try to snag the whole GoHa interview once it's published.

I just thought this was some pretty big news, and the one of the main reasons a lot of us have been waiting for E3, so figured I'd share. At least we know EN is happening!

www.EminentHQ.com - Competitive PvP Black Desert Online Guild

Comments

• Hamger8Hamger8 Member Posts: 78
    This is good news I want this game so bad.
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by LeNinjaKitten

Today at E3 during GoHa.ru's interview with Pearl Abyss, they were asked about the current state of the EN and EU Publishers. They stated that the EN/EU Publisher would be announced within the next 1-3 months (June-Aug) - They were leaning more on 1 month. This implies that either the EN Publisher will also manage the EU servers (or at least be international with limited or no IP blocking), or simply that information on both Publishers would be published in 1-3 months.

They also mentioned they would like to eventually bring BDO to console systems.

2p.com will be doing their Interview with PA next, and Ill try to snag the whole GoHa interview once it's published.

I just thought this was some pretty big news, and the one of the main reasons a lot of us have been waiting for E3, so figured I'd share. At least we know EN is happening!

Hell yea, aventurine it is!  Just kidding...but sounds good.  I'd like to see NC Soft,...if they manage botting much better than they did in L2.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576

great.. another console port.

for christ's sake.

• lunatiquezlunatiquez Member UncommonPosts: 381
    NCSoft or SOE?
  • lunatiquezlunatiquez Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by inemosz
    NCSoft or SOE?

Neither.

To me its obvious that it will be a smaller publisher - someone like EnMasse.

it wont be anyone huge.

The OP mentioned that the publisher is capable of managing both NA and EU server. I never play any of EnMasse's games as they block IPs outside of NA (Tera).

• NightliteNightlite Member UncommonPosts: 227

I saw this article released about the same time this topic was started..

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=ru&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fblackdesert-guide.ru%2Fnovosti%2Fanglijska-versiya-black-desert-uzhe-v-razrabotke.html

Basically says;

"Expected date of release in the West — 2015 year"

"European  Publisher may be company Innova"

Article also made it pretty clear that Pearl Abyss would be doing to translating, so that "they hold all the cards" when picking a western publisher.

This info kind of contradicts the op somewhat, but I didn't think it worth another thread just for little more info on a game pretty far out in release.

BTW, the RU Black Desert website is updated daily with news releases.. so the game didn't die, just the NA version has gone into stasis mode since it's so far out.

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    I can see SoE or trion. but still leading to trion, as with arche age even there some don't like I said trion, but there bringing some money for xlgames.
  • CouganCougan Member UncommonPosts: 422

Anyone but Trion. I dont have anything against them but I despise freemium model like what is currently in Archeage. Pay your sub AND still get milked. FFS.

Either a F2P cash shop only or sub based servers like I heard there was going to be originally.

• daemondaemon Member UncommonPosts: 680
    sadly another pass :/