Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR 4th biggest Sub MMO in the world

Comments

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Originally posted by doodphace
    Originally posted by Ekadd Originally posted by doodphace Originally posted by Ekadd Originally posted by Sevenstar61 Based on information from Superdata SWTOR is 4th sub based MMO in the world http://www.superdataresearch.com/blog/us-digital-games-market/    
    FFXIV: ARR has more than 2 million players and not even in first 10 games. Like Rift has less players than FFXIV: ARR but 10th on list and you really believe that list?
    FFXIV: ARR has 2 million registered accounts, not players. People on this site really should learn the difference between a "registered account" and a "subscriber/player"
    i know whats different between registered account and subscriber smart boy.. Well some websites says more than 2 million ppl plays the game, not only registered accounts so. i dont have SUPERDATARESEARCH  center like that to look for it.
    When i run a google search for "Final Fantasy XIV 2 million subscribers", the first page alone has 6 sites properly reporting "registered accounts", and only 1 who incorrectly misinterprated it as "subscribers/players".

You don't have to get mad and hurl personal attacks simply because I am able to use google....

Actually as of right now its 2.5 million regestered accounts. If even half are actually subbed then thats more than a million subs.

No matter how you try and put it, FF has more subbers than SWTOR. I mean even if you took 2.5 and cut it in half and then cut it in half again, FF still has more subs than SWTOR.

• ryvendarkryvendark Member Posts: 141
    Originally posted by ryvendark

For your game of choice ? What do these numbers have to do with what game you like to play ? The McDonalds refrence really does apply to that kind of logic I'm sorry to say.

These numbers are as good or bad as any other number out there. Nothing they really say should mean anything to someone picking a game. That's the whole problem with them. Someone likes a game like ESO so they believe it has to be the biggest best game. Someone hates it so it has to be failing. They like SWTOR but hate ESO so the SWOTR numbers are right and the ESO ones are wrong.... that's just stupid.

The numbers are just something to talk about. Even if they're not 100% accurate, they're just a ball park figure to have a conversation over what's doing well.

When I mean is, if the numbers are good for their game, people will swear by the numbers. if the number are good for another game or bad for theirs, they will question the numbers.

My view is, "good or bad for your game of choice", nobody should read into unsourced numbers, let alone unofficial ones.

I have ZERO idea what you are tlaking about with your McDonalds reference by the way....

The McD's refrence is just because a lot of people like it doesn't make it good. It's true if it's a personal opinon on something like a game. Having 12 million subs didn't mean everyone liked wow.

No one should read into official numbers either. In the grand scheme of things they mean as little as superdata's numbers do. Them making a lot of money doesn't mean they'll pour it all back into the game or that you'll see higher quality content....or that someone else will like it more than another game.

All they really do is give us a topic to discuse WHY so many people play or why they spend so much money on that game. It shows that dispite what you read here that style of game is still very popular. Trying to make these numbers mean your game is better than another is as dumb as any other reason why it's better. If the person you're talking to doesn't like it, they're not good reasons.

• vandal5627vandal5627 Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Regarding FFXIV ARR, it is registered accounts not subscriptions but you people are weird.  All these games are doing well, that's why they are still up and running.  Whey the hell do you care so much?  Just play the game you enjoy and let others enjoy what they enjoy.  So much nonsense for no freaking reason at all.
  • Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Originally posted by vandal5627
    Regarding FFXIV ARR, it is registered accounts not subscriptions but you people are weird.  All these games are doing well, that's why they are still up and running.  Whey the hell do you care so much?  Just play the game you enjoy and let others enjoy what they enjoy.  So much nonsense for no freaking reason at all.

This ^^^^

+1

Best comment I read all day !!

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by Allacore69

Originally posted by Ekadd

Originally posted by Ekadd

Originally posted by Sevenstar61 Based on information from Superdata SWTOR is 4th sub based MMO in the world http://www.superdataresearch.com/blog/us-digital-games-market/    
    FFXIV: ARR has more than 2 million players and not even in first 10 games. Like Rift has less players than FFXIV: ARR but 10th on list and you really believe that list?
    FFXIV: ARR has 2 million registered accounts, not players. People on this site really should learn the difference between a "registered account" and a "subscriber/player"
    i know whats different between registered account and subscriber smart boy.. Well some websites says more than 2 million ppl plays the game, not only registered accounts so. i dont have SUPERDATARESEARCH  center like that to look for it.
    When i run a google search for "Final Fantasy XIV 2 million subscribers", the first page alone has 6 sites properly reporting "registered accounts", and only 1 who incorrectly misinterprated it as "subscribers/players".

You don't have to get mad and hurl personal attacks simply because I am able to use google....

Actually as of right now its 2.5 million regestered accounts. If even half are actually subbed then thats more than a million subs.

No matter how you try and put it, FF has more subbers than SWTOR. I mean even if you took 2.5 and cut it in half and then cut it in half again, FF still has more subs than SWTOR.

Don't turn this into something that was never mentioned. I never said FFXIV didn't have more subs than SWTOR, I said it didn't have 2 million players. if half are actually subbed (a generaous guess but I am willing to run with it), that is less than 2 million players, is it not?

• Thessik_IrontailThessik_Irontail Member UncommonPosts: 76

Honestly SWTOR is a good MMO. Even after all these newer MMOs like GW2, Wildstar, FF14, ESO, etc... I think that aside from WoW (by a large margin mind you), SWTOR is the next best MMORPG available. 

I eventually did go back to WoW because I really enjoy that game, but SWTOR was the only MMO to hold me for an extended time. Wildstar lasted 1 month, GW2 lasted 3 weeks, but I played SWTOR for six months, it was good.

I can see SWTOR getting a huge boost when the new starwars movies are being released every year.

For your game of choice ? What do these numbers have to do with what game you like to play ? The McDonalds refrence really does apply to that kind of logic I'm sorry to say.

These numbers are as good or bad as any other number out there. Nothing they really say should mean anything to someone picking a game. That's the whole problem with them. Someone likes a game like ESO so they believe it has to be the biggest best game. Someone hates it so it has to be failing. They like SWTOR but hate ESO so the SWOTR numbers are right and the ESO ones are wrong.... that's just stupid.

The numbers are just something to talk about. Even if they're not 100% accurate, they're just a ball park figure to have a conversation over what's doing well.

When I mean is, if the numbers are good for their game, people will swear by the numbers. if the number are good for another game or bad for theirs, they will question the numbers.

My view is, "good or bad for your game of choice", nobody should read into unsourced numbers, let alone unofficial ones.

I have ZERO idea what you are tlaking about with your McDonalds reference by the way....

The McD's refrence is just because a lot of people like it doesn't make it good. It's true if it's a personal opinon on something like a game. Having 12 million subs didn't mean everyone liked wow.

I never said if a lot of poeple like a game, it makes that game good. I said if a lot of people like a game or that game makes a lot of money, supporters of that game interprate it as "good news".

You are literally trying to make an argument out of nothing; please leave me out of it.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by epoq

I've been back on Ebon Hawk for 2 months now, SWTOR is still a blast.  Really enjoy flashpoints, operations, and the bounty contract week.

I just REALLY want a full blown expansion.  Galactic Strongholds means absolutely NOTHING to me.  I want new planets and a new playable race or two FFS.

Personally, I would rather have some new classes instead of races.  At the very least new advanced classes for existing classes.  I don't really care if we get another purple human, or orange human or magenta humans.

• ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367
    Originally posted by Thessik_Irontail

Honestly SWTOR is a good MMO. Even after all these newer MMOs like GW2, Wildstar, FF14, ESO, etc... I think that aside from WoW (by a large margin mind you), SWTOR is the next best MMORPG available. 

I eventually did go back to WoW because I really enjoy that game, but SWTOR was the only MMO to hold me for an extended time. Wildstar lasted 1 month, GW2 lasted 3 weeks, but I played SWTOR for six months, it was good.

I can see SWTOR getting a huge boost when the new starwars movies are being released every year.

I don't think the movies will drive very much business into SWTOR, but I'm in the minority on that opinion. I didn't see a surge of players in LOTRO over the last two Hobbit movies. If anything the game stayed in it's normal holding pattern/decline.

I never said if a lot of poeple like a game, it makes that game good. I said if a lot of people like a game or that game makes a lot of money, supporters of that game interprate it as "good news".

You are literally trying to make an argument out of nothing; please leave me out of it.

lol the problem is you misquote and only seem to read part of a post then fill in the rest with what you want. We're not even arguing, I've just had to explain the same thing 3 times to you. But I will leave you out of this, it's become tiresome.

• MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643

http://xivsoul.com/world/Balmung

I played on Balmung of April this year, at the time it's population was 45,000

Also check out:

http://luckybancho.ldblog.jp/wsurvey_en.htm?world=Balmung

While I find XIV boring, despite my numerous attempts to get into it, it is doing well.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• NibsNibs Member UncommonPosts: 287
    Originally posted by Mkilbride
    I'm having trouble believing this list. For one, I don't see FFXI or XIV on it, both of which have released sub numbers recently to be in the hundreds of thousands for XI and millions for XIV.  Tera is dying, if you go to their forums, or in game where the new areas are completely void of human players. Regardless of server.  Also, I don't like Rift, but it's fairly popular.  Find it hard to believe it can be behind Lineage 2.

Clearly it needs pointing out the title of this piece is "US digital games market update: June 2014".

Frankly I'm surprised that either of the Lineages are on a list of top US games at all, let alone FF.

lol the problem is you misquote and only seem to read part of a post then fill in the rest with what you want. We're not even arguing, I've just had to explain the same thing 3 times to you. But I will leave you out of this, it's become tiresome.

I did not misquote anything at all. I initially said people interprate good numbers as good news and accurate for thier game of choice regardless of the source, and bad numbers about their game as "inaccurate numbers"  (the quote you have since conviently removed).  You jumped on me immediatly with a McDonalds reference. When i asked why you would even reply to me with a McD reference, your response was just because a game has high numbers, doesnt make it good.......I never said or implied that high numbers made any game good. You were the one who brought up mcDonalds for absolutly no reason. You leaded your response to my quote with the McDonalds reference, again, for no reason based on anything i said.

Now you are arguing about mis quites....so, congratulations on fabricating an actual argument.

I did not misquote anything at all. I initially said people interprate good numbers as good news and accurate for thier game of choice regardless of the source, and bad numbers about their game as "inaccurate numbers"  (the quote you have since conviently removed).  You jumped on me immediatly with a McDonalds reference. When i asked why you would even reply to me with a McD reference, your response was just because a game has high numbers, doesnt make it good.......I never said or implied that high numbers made any game good. You were the one who brought up mcDonalds for absolutly no reason. You leaded your response to my quote with the McDonalds reference, again, for no reason based on anything i said.

Now you are arguing about mis quites....so, congratulations on fabricating an actual argument.

Have you ever noticed that every single one of these swtor threads ends up with you in a  quote battle of the last word with someone ? And chopping off the top of a massive post pyrimid is just being kind to other forum goers not hiding evidence...that's still all there on the other pages.

The McD's refrence was a comment about the logic being used, not a direct reference to what you said.You....misquoted it when you hacked off the rest of the post and accused me of saying what you have there . If anyones fabricating an argument it's you. You're comment about using these numbers to pick your game of choice is what sparked all this and you've been trying to make it something it's not ever since.

I don't really enjoy the last word bullshit so happy trails and all that. Good luck to whoever your next SWTOR thread victim is.

• DooDoo666DooDoo666 Member Posts: 14

Have you ever noticed that every single one of these swtor threads ends up with you in a  quote battle of the last word with someone ? And chopping off the top of a massive post pyrimid is just being kind to other forum goers not hiding evidence...that's still all there on the other pages.

The McD's refrence was a comment about the logic being used, not a direct reference to what you said.You....misquoted it when you hacked off the rest of the post and accused me of saying what you have there . If anyones fabricating an argument it's you. You're comment about using these numbers to pick your game of choice is what sparked all this and you've been trying to make it something it's not ever since.

I don't really enjoy the last word bullshit so happy trails and all that. Good luck to whoever your next SWTOR thread victim is.

He needs to be reported. He does this in every thread in every game. All his comments are negative and derogatory. 

That's what happens when what I say is not praising said game in question. I can't help it if some people interprate non praise as "bashing". Just look earlier in this thread......I said FFXIV didn't have 2 million players...the response to that was I'm wrong for claiming SWTOR has more subs than FFXIV.....did I ever say it did? Nope. Does me saying FFXIV not having 2 mil players mean that FFXIV is doing bad, or a negative about FFXIV? Nope.

Your MCD quote being in reference to the "logic being used", is what I am calling you out on. Nobody in the exchange you quoted used MCD logic. You mis interprated me saying "good news" with me saying "game is good". You now realsie how out of nowhere your MCD comment was, so now you are starting with personal attacks (somethign  that seems to happen quite frequently once someones incorrect assumtions are refuted on this site). If you think this is about "getting the last word" instead of "what the hell are you talking about" and me not letting illogicle fallicies go, then I am very sorry you view it that way.

If you next response is still claming that I (or someone in the exchange you quoted) was using "MCD logic" (a game has lots of players makes it a good game), I will reply again telling you that nobody in our exchange ever said or implied that. Is that "last word chaisng"? I don't think so.

That's what happens when what I say is not praising said game in question. I can't help it if some people interprate non praise as "bashing". Just look earlier in this thread......I said FFXIV didn't have 2 million players...the response to that was I'm wrong for claiming SWTOR has more subs than FFXIV.....did I ever say it did? Nope. Does me saying FFXIV not having 2 mil players mean that FFXIV is doing bad, or a negative about FFXIV? Nope.

Your MCD quote being in reference to the "logic being used", is what I am calling you out on. Nobody in the exchange you quoted used MCD logic. You mis interprated me saying "good news" with me saying "game is good". You now realsie how out of nowhere your MCD comment was, so now you are starting with personal attacks (somethign  that seems to happen quite frequently once someones incorrect assumtions are refuted on this site). If you think this is about "getting the last word" instead of "what the hell are you talking about" and me not letting illogicle fallicies go, then I am very sorry you view it that way.

If you next response is still claming that I (or someone in the exchange you quoted) was using "MCD logic" (a game has lots of players makes it a good game), I will reply again telling you that nobody in our exchange ever said or implied that. Is that "last word chaisng"? I don't think so.

Actually, yeah you did. You went to the FF XIV section and bashed it. 

Just like your doing with ESO: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/417705/page/19

Originally posted by DooDoo666

He needs to be reported. He does this in every thread in every game. All his comments are negative and derogatory. 

Someone says FFXIV has 2 million players...I point out that the 2 million number was registered accounts and not subs, and thats negative/derogatory?

For the record, creating multiple accounts, esp those used just to attack other posters, is agaist the ToS. I would caution against it.

Someone says FFXIV has 2 million players...I point out that the 2 million number was registered accounts and not subs, and thats negative/derogatory?

For the record, creating multiple accounts, esp those used just to attack other posters, is agaist the ToS. I would caution against it.

Okay im new to the site LMAO. People told me these forums were toxic. I should have listened. And I was refering to the posts in the FF forums section lol.

BTW my account was created only 2 months ago............

Just like your doing with ESO: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/417705/page/19

Please copy paste anything of that entire echange where I "bashed ESO".

And if you think me correcting people who say that FFXIV has 2 million subs by correcting them that its 2 million accounts is "bashing the game".....then I don't think bashing means what you think it means.

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365
    Originally posted by Thessik_Irontail

I absolutely hated it, but for whatever reason after a few years i've had friends that just never left SWTOR.  For a while I was surprised to hear they were still playing but now I just think it has a charm to it that will keep its players happy for a long while yet.  

I didn't expect the game to last but they've managed to hold a good group of loyal players and thats never a bad thing.

It almost makes me want to check out all the changes they've done since release.

Please copy paste anything of that entire echange where I "bashed ESO".

Were done and your not going to bait me like you did others. I can click on your name and see past posts and you sir are a very negative person and very disrespectful.

Leave me alone.

Okay im new to the site LMAO. People told me these forums were toxic. I should have listened. And I was refering to the posts in the FF forums section lol.

BTW my account was created only 2 months ago............

Poster 1: FFXIV has 2 million subscribers

Poster 2: Actually, FFXIV has 2 million accounts created, not subscibers

Poster 3: Man, these forums are so toxic, negative, and game bashing.

okay, anyway does anybody know if I should grind out companion gear or just let it be?

okay, anyway does anybody know if I should grind out companion gear or just let it be?

If your tank companion is wearing full 162+, it can tank the first Czerka tactical FP. In the tactical version, there is a 148 AIM chest that is a gaurenteed drop which vendors for 44k. If you are inclined to solo it over and over, you can make some serious credits (I farmed a million creds in about 2.5 hours).

I would say its very worth it to gear your companions.