Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game has really blossomed since launch....

12346»

Comments

• ZenTaoYingYangZenTaoYingYang Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by ZizouX
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
    Originally posted by Waldoe
    Originally posted by Vorthanion
    Last time I played, it was a huge grind when leveling your secondary class, with an emphasis on having to grind leves and dynamic events as the quest system was only able to level your primary class.  Is this still the case?

I believe so. Only hardcore FF fan seem to be sticking with the game. Since i am not one i couldn't last after leveling two classes.

This is completely false. The game is thriving and not just for FF fans. Re-leveling has been adjusted substantially so more research before posting is always helpful.

Other than new dailies what else is there? for people who don't want to grind dungeons for leveling they are left to grinding fates.

I went back to the game on 16th when they offered free weekend.

It was just said before...dungeons give more exp/gil,  fates, guildhests now give bonus exp for new classes, beast tribe quests, hunting log, leves and primals. Add rested exp on top of that and other characters are a breeze.

So not much new has been added for leveling alt classes other than tweaks in XP? i was saying the same thing.

Leveling Alts:

Quests 

FATES

Dungeons (Duty Finder Bonus everyday)

Challenge Log

Hunting Log

Guildhests

Battle Leves

That seems to be a lot of variety of you ask me.... If you don't like any of the options, maybe other games offer a better alternative.  But i think that's a pretty good and varied list.

I really want him to answer me, what other methods he is thinking of, maybe he has interesting concept I have not heard about. 

• Spankster77Spankster77 Member UncommonPosts: 487

Ok so three questions...

First, someone mentioned the game/combat picking up after about level 15, is this true?  One of the things I disliked most when I tried this game was that the combat felt clunky and slow.  The game itself looks awesome and so many people saying good things about it.

Second, is there PvP?

Third, Is there decent not so faceroll end game raiding? 

Thanks in advance for any replies :-)

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

Originally posted by gessekai332
    Its been about a week since I finally decided to resub (here is my previous thread http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/446/view/forums/thread/417006/Just-Resubbed-last-night-Where-do-I-start.html) and I am just stunned at how much this game has grown since I played last year.  Usually games start to decay a couple of months after launch or the publisher starts to pull money from it after initial box sale, but this game has just gotten better and better. I am probably even more addicted to it now than last year. I've been playing nonstop for the past week and I feel like I haven't even scratched the surface. After trying out ESO and WS for a month each and quitting, I thought I was done with the MMO genre forever. I tried out FFXIV again because I had some spare time one day, didnt really have high expectations. WOW was I surprised. So much stuff to do. So much complexity to gameplay elements other than questing/raiding/pvp.  SO MANY PEOPLE!! And here i thought this game would be dead after a year, let alone my server lol.  So happy I found this game again. Goodbye social life. 

I did the exact same thing, I resubbed last Sunday so I have been back a bit longer than a week. I just hit full il90 and finished my main story quests, and am now on my primal hunt with coil t5 to follow. The EX primals are hard but really fun (have yet to beat Titan EX unfortunately haha).
    I am really excited to be back in the game and am amazed that my sever is absolutely packed with people and that my guild is still thriving.

• ZenTaoYingYangZenTaoYingYang Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by Spankster77

Ok so three questions...

First, someone mentioned the game/combat picking up after about level 15, is this true?  One of the things I disliked most when I tried this game was that the combat felt clunky and slow.  The game itself looks awesome and so many people saying good things about it.

Second, is there PvP?

it gradually gets better, but on 50 and once you start extreme primals or even hard primals, you will get how the battle system really works, they really take your hand to introduce you on how this game should be played. you will be getting a lot of abilities that are off GCD and with that you need to weave them in on top of the combos and positioning of your char. for me I find MNK and WAR the most enjoyable to play and PLD being the easiest.

There is PVP, arena type and WvWvW type, the arena sux but the frontline PvP is 24v24v24 with capture flag and killings mobs  + players and defending outposts etc. think of it GW2 mixed with WoW, its really fun and enjoyable. not to mention u get extra 5 off GCD skills, so you will essentially will press abilities instantly one after another.

and on your last question,  faceroll end game? i dont think so at all lol. In fact, many people who have quit the game is BECAUSE they cant progress in the harder raids and primals. 

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    I resubbed too after trying ESO and leaving and doing some beta stuff with ESO and WS.  Very happy to be back and having a ball....the game is one of the best MMO's I've played.

• KangaroomouseKangaroomouse Member Posts: 394
    Originally posted by Spankster77

Ok so three questions...

The combat is what it is. It's medium paced tab target combat with a lot of dodging. The only thing that changes is that you have to dodge more and need to optimize your damage output to a maximum for harder content.

Second, is there PvP?

Yes, small Arena and RvRvR capture the flag style on a bigger map. It's pretty well done but nothing special.

Hardcore endgame are boss fights only (some trash on the way not worth mentioning). It is doing the same fight over and over again until you perfected every phase of the boss fight. Once you and your party have memorized the "dance" and are perfect you will beat the boss. This is boring as f#$@$ and has nothing to do with skill just memorizing the fight and the moves because they are exactly the same every single time and you can time them to a second.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

I'm glad the game has done well for those who like it. If it still has the FATE system I'm not going back. To me it just felt like a way to fill in a bunch of content that should have been developed in the first place. Other than that I loved the music, graphics and the environment, but I felt slighted. That's just me though! 

Good luck to you FF nerds! :)

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• Spankster77Spankster77 Member UncommonPosts: 487
    Updating my client now... we'll see how it goes.  I am a tad apprehensive as I'm not a fan of the classic tab targeting system but the game seems to have a steadily growing base and it's beautiful scenery.
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Meh. Used few hours of this free weekend, tried to continue with my highest alt, lv. 18. Why I stopped at start even before free time expired? Because I run out of any quests. And quests are essence of game for me. Or game was completely incapable to direct me to any. After just wandering around, looking at google discovered that that is it! As I did not plan to level to max used that BOOOOORING AS HELL FATE’s, I do not want to touch any dungeon (for sure not with 1st alt), I want to QUEST .... game was over for me.

Btw, been fan of FF since PS2 and guess for this reason even so more disappointed. Original release was total disaster, worst in gaming history ... but not that 2.0 was good. Ok, enjoyed that incredible sound, environments, characters, ... great FF feeling. Up to lv. 18.

Now have returned and with exception of 2 quests added avilable in place suited for my level .... zero, nothing. No indication where to go to get any more quests. Wandered blindly, ... found only very low level quests. So concluded there were none added and game remained same boring as hell experience for us, quest lovers. Btw, there might be zillion of quests added but if game utterly fail to direct player to them ... it is like they are not there. Period.

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Originally posted by daltanious

Meh. Used few hours of this free weekend, tried to continue with my highest alt, lv. 18. Why I stopped at start even before free time expired? Because I run out of any quests. And quests are essence of game for me. Or game was completely incapable to direct me to any. After just wandering around, looking at google discovered that that is it! As I did not plan to level to max used that BOOOOORING AS HELL FATE’s, I do not want to touch any dungeon (for sure not with 1st alt), I want to QUEST .... game was over for me.

Btw, been fan of FF since PS2 and guess for this reason even so more disappointed. Original release was total disaster, worst in gaming history ... but not that 2.0 was good. Ok, enjoyed that incredible sound, environments, characters, ... great FF feeling. Up to lv. 18.

Now have returned and with exception of 2 quests added avilable in place suited for my level .... zero, nothing. No indication where to go to get any more quests. Wandered blindly, ... found only very low level quests. So concluded there were none added and game remained same boring as hell experience for us, quest lovers. Btw, there might be zillion of quests added but if game utterly fail to direct player to them ... it is like they are not there. Period.

I never had a problem finding quests for my first class, all the way up to max. Second class? That's where the lack of quests kicked in.

Chances are you just missed a breadcrumb somewhere. I forget exactly how, but there's a screen you can activate which will list any available level-appropriate quests in your current zone. I think it's a section off the duty finder window.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Originally posted by Solar_Prophet
    Originally posted by daltanious Meh. Used few hours of this free weekend, tried to continue with my highest alt, lv. 18. Why I stopped at start even before free time expired? Because I run out of any quests. And quests are essence of game for me. Or game was completely incapable to direct me to any. After just wandering around, looking at google discovered that that is it! As I did not plan to level to max used that BOOOOORING AS HELL FATE’s, I do not want to touch any dungeon (for sure not with 1st alt), I want to QUEST .... game was over for me. Btw, been fan of FF since PS2 and guess for this reason even so more disappointed. Original release was total disaster, worst in gaming history ... but not that 2.0 was good. Ok, enjoyed that incredible sound, environments, characters, ... great FF feeling. Up to lv. 18. Now have returned and with exception of 2 quests added avilable in place suited for my level .... zero, nothing. No indication where to go to get any more quests. Wandered blindly, ... found only very low level quests. So concluded there were none added and game remained same boring as hell experience for us, quest lovers. Btw, there might be zillion of quests added but if game utterly fail to direct player to them ... it is like they are not there. Period.
    I never had a problem finding quests for my first class, all the way up to max. Second class? That's where the lack of quests kicked in.

Chances are you just missed a breadcrumb somewhere. I forget exactly how, but there's a screen you can activate which will list any available level-appropriate quests in your current zone. I think it's a section off the duty finder window.

For real yo'. I hit 50 and still was doing level 49 quests. I have quests everywhere from bentbranch to cortheas to revenats toll.

How are they level 18 and have no quests? I never grind. I have so many quests for alts to do for xp and gil.

IDK what your doing wrong. Maybe check the loadstone like most people would and see what the next quest is and where to go.

Thats what the loadstone is there for.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by Allacore69

Originally posted by Vorthanion Last time I played, it was a huge grind when leveling your secondary class, with an emphasis on having to grind leves and dynamic events as the quest system was only able to level your primary class.  Is this still the case?
    I believe so. Only hardcore FF fan seem to be sticking with the game. Since i am not one i couldn't last after leveling two classes.
    This is completely false. The game is thriving and not just for FF fans. Re-leveling has been adjusted substantially so more research before posting is always helpful.
    Other than new dailies what else is there? for people who don't want to grind dungeons for leveling they are left to grinding fates. I went back to the game on 16th when they offered free weekend.  
    It was just said before...dungeons give more exp/gil,  fates, guildhests now give bonus exp for new classes, beast tribe quests, hunting log, leves and primals. Add rested exp on top of that and other characters are a breeze.
    So not much new has been added for leveling alt classes other than tweaks in XP? i was saying the same thing.

Geeze dude, you hate every game huh? I mean first FF XIV ARR and now ESO.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/416453/page/3

We get it, you hate mmo's and nothing is good enough for you.

Never said i hate FFXIV...and i never said i hate ESO.

Stop assuming things and getting emotional over video games.

And for the guy who asked me how i would like to level..well instead of relying mostly on fates for leveling or dungeons i would like to have more varied quests. Because by the time you are on your third or fourth class to level... alternate ways to level really thin out.

Originally posted by Allacore69   Originally posted by Bigdaddyx Originally posted by Waldoe Originally posted by Bigdaddyx Originally posted by Waldoe Originally posted by Bigdaddyx Originally posted by Vorthanion Last time I played, it was a huge grind when leveling your secondary class, with an emphasis on having to grind leves and dynamic events as the quest system was only able to level your primary class.  Is this still the case?
    Other than new dailies what else is there? for people who don't want to grind dungeons for leveling they are left to grinding fates. I went back to the game on 16th when they offered free weekend.  
      Geeze dude, you hate every game huh? I mean first FF XIV ARR and now ESO. http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/416453/page/3 We get it, you hate mmo's and nothing is good enough for you.

And for the guy who asked me how i would like to level..well instead of relying mostly on fates for leveling or dungeons i would like to have more varied quests. Because by the time you are on your third or fourth class to level... alternate ways to level really thin out.

I'm not. I'm just reading your posts and every time somebody say's, "I like...", you come in and crush their hopes.

Originally posted by Vorthanion Last time I played, it was a huge grind when leveling your secondary class, with an emphasis on having to grind leves and dynamic events as the quest system was only able to level your primary class.  Is this still the case?
      Geeze dude, you hate every game huh? I mean first FF XIV ARR and now ESO. http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/416453/page/3 We get it, you hate mmo's and nothing is good enough for you.

I'm not. I'm just reading your posts and every time somebody say's, "I like...", you come in and crush their hopes.

Someone in the thread asked if game is still a huge grind. I gave my opinion...i wonder how that is crushing someones hope. This is not a fan site by the way.

Never said i hate FFXIV...and i never said i hate ESO.   Stop assuming things and getting emotional over video games. And for the guy who asked me how i would like to level..well instead of relying mostly on fates for leveling or dungeons i would like to have more varied quests. Because by the time you are on your third or fourth class to level... alternate ways to level really thin out.

Someone in the thread asked if game is still a huge grind. I gave my opinion...i wonder how that is crushing someones hope. This is not a fan site by the way.

Okay so what games do you like? Seems every game anybody mentions you run to that section of the forums and start putting people down.

ESO, EQN, SWTOR,etc.

Do you just live to make people here miserable?

And no, not someone, it's the same person you trolled on SWTORs and ESO forums.

THE SAME USER !!

Never said i hate FFXIV...and i never said i hate ESO.   Stop assuming things and getting emotional over video games. And for the guy who asked me how i would like to level..well instead of relying mostly on fates for leveling or dungeons i would like to have more varied quests. Because by the time you are on your third or fourth class to level... alternate ways to level really thin out.

Okay so what games do you like? Seems every game anybody mentions you run to that section of the forums and start putting people down.

ESO, EQN, SWTOR,etc.

Do you just live to make people here miserable?

And no, not someone, it's the same person you trolled on SWTORs and ESO forums.

THE SAME USER !!

I am currently subbed to SWTOR.

And all games have flaws only because someone discusses flaws doesn't mean they 'hate' those games. 

I hardly post on EQN.

I think you are imagining things.

And congrats once again you derailed a topc and made it about me instead of focusing on the topic. 

Atleast i stick to discussion of games and do not attack posters.

I especially like how you can raise and train you chocobos too. That was a really cool feature. I cant wait for Rogue/Ninja.

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921

Its been about a week since I finally decided to resub (here is my previous thread http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/446/view/forums/thread/417006/Just-Resubbed-last-night-Where-do-I-start.html) and I am just stunned at how much this game has grown since I played last year.  Usually games start to decay a couple of months after launch or the publisher starts to pull money from it after initial box sale, but this game has just gotten better and better. I am probably even more addicted to it now than last year. I've been playing nonstop for the past week and I feel like I haven't even scratched the surface. After trying out ESO and WS for a month each and quitting, I thought I was done with the MMO genre forever. I tried out FFXIV again because I had some spare time one day, didnt really have high expectations. WOW was I surprised. So much stuff to do. So much complexity to gameplay elements other than questing/raiding/pvp.  SO MANY PEOPLE!! And here i thought this game would be dead after a year, let alone my server lol. 

So happy I found this game again. Goodbye social life. 

Indeed like you I stopped around 2.1 and went back a few weeks ago, and the difference is startling there is so much to do that I find my self playing with different things regularly, it is the first mmo that has broken me out of the cycle of efficiently grinding 1 thing then moving to the next, and I am delighted with that.

For example this week I have 

Run both alliance raids, done several dungeons, leveled several classes a bit each, ventures, beast tribe quests, progressed some Hildibrand stuff finished some more of the main story, finished my Zenith weapon (damm you atmas) done a few hunts, and some moogle deliveries.

The variety of what you can do if you let your self just do what takes your fancy is what impresses me the most.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,676
    Originally posted by Kothoses

Its been about a week since I finally decided to resub (here is my previous thread http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/446/view/forums/thread/417006/Just-Resubbed-last-night-Where-do-I-start.html) and I am just stunned at how much this game has grown since I played last year.  Usually games start to decay a couple of months after launch or the publisher starts to pull money from it after initial box sale, but this game has just gotten better and better. I am probably even more addicted to it now than last year. I've been playing nonstop for the past week and I feel like I haven't even scratched the surface. After trying out ESO and WS for a month each and quitting, I thought I was done with the MMO genre forever. I tried out FFXIV again because I had some spare time one day, didnt really have high expectations. WOW was I surprised. So much stuff to do. So much complexity to gameplay elements other than questing/raiding/pvp.  SO MANY PEOPLE!! And here i thought this game would be dead after a year, let alone my server lol. 

So happy I found this game again. Goodbye social life. 

Indeed like you I stopped around 2.1 and went back a few weeks ago, and the difference is startling there is so much to do that I find my self playing with different things regularly, it is the first mmo that has broken me out of the cycle of efficiently grinding 1 thing then moving to the next, and I am delighted with that.

For example this week I have 

Run both alliance raids, done several dungeons, leveled several classes a bit each, ventures, beast tribe quests, progressed some Hildibrand stuff finished some more of the main story, finished my Zenith weapon (damm you atmas) done a few hunts, and some moogle deliveries.

The variety of what you can do if you let your self just do what takes your fancy is what impresses me the most.

The Hlildibrand quest chain :-) Where do these development guys dream this up? Still, get it done as it is a pre-requisite for something else.