Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR 4th biggest Sub MMO in the world

Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Based on information from Superdata SWTOR is 4th sub based MMO in the world

http://www.superdataresearch.com/blog/us-digital-games-market/

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Comments

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Seven is back!  Haven't seen you post on SWTOR in a while.  I waited for you as a sign to install the game again.. What server should I try?

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    Seven is back!  Haven't seen you post on SWTOR in a while.  I waited for you as a sign to install the game again.. What server should I try?

Ebon Hawk!!!!!!!!

I post when there is something to post LOL. Trying not to get involved in any drama /grin....

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Originally posted by Sevenstar61

Ebon Hawk!!!!!!!!

Alrighty..  Definitely joining the dark side.  Tank with a light saber sounds good to me.  For some reason as a child I thought it was Life Saver lol

Damn this 6 mb per second dsl!!! It's my only choice at the moment.  I'm very much in the mood to play.

Ebon Hawk!!!!!!!!

I post when there is something to post LOL. Trying not to get involved in any drama /grin....

I actually trolled you pretty hard in the past.  This site brings out the worst in people (not the sites fault).  So I'm sorry for that.  See you in game :)

Originally posted by Torvaldr
    I'm honestly not surprised by this. Earnnings data over the last couple of quarters has been phenomenal. This shouldn't have surprised anyone. I didn't expect it to rank #4 though. I didn't see Lineage at #2 and LotRO at #5 either.

F2P saved this game.. I will only play with a sub but it's fantastic to see people from both sides and in between...  It takes all types.

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

I came back a few months ago and I'm still loving it. If more people would give it a shot, I bet it would jump up another notch.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    I'm honestly not surprised by this. Earnnings data over the last couple of quarters has been phenomenal. This shouldn't have surprised anyone. I didn't expect it to rank #4 though. I didn't see Lineage at #2 and LotRO at #5 either.

Lineage is there because of the Asian markets, as is TERA.

So for the US/EU it's pretty much the number two on the market at the moment. image

I didn't play for a while either, but I came back a few weeks ago. The future's looking bright for TOR, let's hope they keep up the good work, and that 3.0 makes it in game for the holidays. (A good time to draw a lot of ex-players back in)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367

165 million total revenue

minus 139 confirmed cartel coins alone =

24 million in subscriber revenue

so the second paragraph means SWTOR had 23.4 million in sub money, not 23.4 million active accounts.

23.4 million, broken down into $15 monthly payments, 12 times a year, is 127,777 subscribed accounts. Slightly more with people who sub for only part of the year, balanced back down by people who pay 3 or 6 month discounts.

Split those 127k subs up between 13 servers, and you have roughly 9,800 subscribers per server at any given time(up or down, depending on if you're on a dying server like POT5 or a populated one like Harbinger)

Interesting population information averages.

• MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643
    I'm having trouble believing this list. For one, I don't see FFXI or XIV on it, both of which have released sub numbers recently to be in the hundreds of thousands for XI and millions for XIV.  Tera is dying, if you go to their forums, or in game where the new areas are completely void of human players. Regardless of server.  Also, I don't like Rift, but it's fairly popular.  Find it hard to believe it can be behind Lineage 2.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082
    Originally posted by Mkilbride
    I'm having trouble believing this list. For one, I don't see FFXI or XIV on it, both of which have released sub numbers recently to be in the hundreds of thousands for XI and millions for XIV.  Tera is dying, if you go to their forums, or in game where the new areas are completely void of human players. Regardless of server.  Also, I don't like Rift, but it's fairly popular.  Find it hard to believe it can be behind Lineage 2.

Same, why do people assume these people have more info than the people who own the games? Or that they would just hand it out to someone?

Publishers guard their real numbers and i really doubt that they would just hand them over to a company to report on. So we most likely just have a bunch of guesses, and i do not think very good ones from the numbers. Sounds a lot like pre-release analyst guesses about how huge SWTOR was going to be. Then came the release and we saw how that went.

I am sure it is doing ok for a ftp, but i really doubt the overall rating on these games listed and the ones that were not listed.

Seems that they are just hyping the games of folks that "work" with them :P As in the ones that pay bills are listed.  The rest just dont get listed, guess, just more of a PR firm.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

a better phrase would be:  4rth biggest sub mmo in worldwide revenue

active players?   unknown

using the same Superdata metrics,  TERA is the #3 sub mmo

FF14 is not mentioned at all

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

It would be up there if SE share their data with that website

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by ElRenmazuo

Originally posted by Mkilbride I'm having trouble believing this list. For one, I don't see FFXI or XIV on it, both of which have released sub numbers recently to be in the hundreds of thousands for XI and millions for XIV.  Tera is dying, if you go to their forums, or in game where the new areas are completely void of human players. Regardless of server.  Also, I don't like Rift, but it's fairly popular.  Find it hard to believe it can be behind Lineage 2.
    It would be up there if SE share their data with that website
    Yeah SE doesn't mess with superdata. They also have a dragon quest mmo in Japan only that is currently getting over 300k unique logins per day.
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

Strange that those numbers do not match internal investor quarterly reports for at least three of the top four companies.

Sometimes you have to take what the " experts " say with a grain of salt.

Originally posted by psiic
    Strange that those numbers do not match internal investor quarterly reports for at least three of the top four companies. Sometimes you have to take what the " experts " say with a grain of salt.
    That's because superdata is nothing more than a site that has permission to make educated guesses and turn them into news stories. That's what their partnerships with ncsoft, ea, etc allow.
  • heider89heider89 Member UncommonPosts: 159
    this was in 2013? 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Originally posted by psiic
    Strange that those numbers do not match internal investor quarterly reports for at least three of the top four companies.

Sometimes you have to take what the " experts " say with a grain of salt.

That's because superdata is nothing more than a site that has permission to make educated guesses and turn them into news stories. That's what their partnerships with ncsoft, ea, etc allow.

I concur, I can't understand why companies who refuse to share their actual sub  numbers and financial data with the public would willingly turn over this information to SuperData and let them publish it on their behalf.

Unless of course SuperData was paying them to do so.  Still smells of scam to me.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394

I've been back on Ebon Hawk for 2 months now, SWTOR is still a blast.  Really enjoy flashpoints, operations, and the bounty contract week.

I just REALLY want a full blown expansion.  Galactic Strongholds means absolutely NOTHING to me.  I want new planets and a new playable race or two FFS.

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Based on information from Superdata SWTOR is 4th sub based MMO in the worldhttp://www.superdataresearch.com/blog/us-digital-games-market/  

Cash shop numbers are in there too. If the cash shop was not there, SWTOR would be number 100.

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

FF XIV ARR came out 3 months before 2014. These numbers are from 2013. Seeing as how FF XIV ARR gave 30 free days when purchased, this "Superdata" could only count 2 months of revenue.

Also, Square Enix and most other companies DO NOT share their data with outside sources.

Originally posted by Kyleran
    Originally posted by Foomerang   Originally posted by psiic Strange that those numbers do not match internal investor quarterly reports for at least three of the top four companies.     Sometimes you have to take what the " experts " say with a grain of salt.
    I concur, I can't understand why companies who refuse to share their actual sub  numbers and financial data with the public would willingly turn over this information to SuperData and let them publish it on their behalf.

Unless of course SuperData was paying them to do so.  Still smells of scam to me.

I don't trust it either. And most of the games they listed I have no opinion about either way. But I do really like swtor and rift but I still think superdata is bs.
  • tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    The base game was good, but it isn't an MMO, it is a hub game like GW2 or Diablo.
  • MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977

Be careful, last time i said this idiocy with superdata is BS and they dont have any more info than anyone else on the internet  (which they dont and their guess is as good as anyone elses) i got banned, but thats SWTOR forums moderation for ya.

It goes as far as being cited in articles on MMORPG.com which is beyond comprehnsion, those who do that should never be allowed to write anything public ever again.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

yes, because we all know, the US are a globe. beyond dat border only be living dragons.

<3 yanks.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"