Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

JumpGate Evolution Died ?

For a while now i know its been dead (3 years to be precise) there was already a game very similar to this one, x3:terran conflict... but this one had MP ofc, i saw the videos of gameplay and there was a few things i noticed about it that weren't so great, controls for one, not a whole lot of ships to choose from, and the similarity to a 2002 game Tachyon the fringe... which did a better job than this and i still play tachyon.. lol, i was wondering what happened to this game, never seen it before or even heard of its existance in beta, did they run out of money? got sue'd? is there a mmorpg game thats similar to it that they copied? i know this is 3 years too late to be asking this, with the amount of people who are on this forum that talked about it 2 years ago being a max of 500, im not surprised they stopped production.. im a regular EvE Online player and was just looking through some forums on egosoft for the release of X:Rebirth and what the game is going to be made up of, saw someone mention this game, googled it to find it died 3 years ago, i thought i really had something... if anyones still out there looking at this forum it'd be nice to hear from someone about what happened to this game or any mmo suggestions to play :)

Comments

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

All I can say is that MMORPG.com has the status of this game as canceled. Just click on the picture of the game next to the Title and it will take you to the games page here on MMORPG.

MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Cancelled (est.rel N/A) | Pub:Codemasters
    PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Subscription

I never really followed this game, so I cant tell ya exactly what happened. Hope somebody else has better answers than I.

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    I can personally recommend Vendetta Online if you're looking for something similar.  I've heard there are a lot of other MMO games like it out there, but this is the one I have the most experience with (11 years).

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

"It's dead Jim....."

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TheutusTheutus Member UncommonPosts: 636
    Im not sure if you're bashing x3 or not, it kind of reads like that. X3 has tons of ships and each one handles differently. To me it is the go to single player space sandbox. Stay away from rebirth.
  • AmbrosiusAmbrosius Member Posts: 75

Jumpgate Evolution decayed into a horrible mess before it was canceled.  It's gone and the studio is gone (chewed up and spit out by Gazillion) and that's all there is to it.

The GOOd news is that the old, original Jumpgate classic is syill available for play.  The reviewer here said JGE was all about the flight engine and PvP -- and JGC had at least as good a flight engine and the same basic approach to PvP. So ...

http://jumpgate-tri.org

Download is free.  Play is free.  Knock yourself out.  ;)

-- Ambros.