Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Onverse.com Beta

I have a buddie that gave Onverse a try and says not to waste your time unless your 13 - 16 it's very focused around that age group looks like. Looks as if they mimiced a few other online community worlds and need to better thier avatars. I thought the landscapes were done well but that's about it.

"Amazing how you can do without the essentials of life, so long as you have the luxuries".

Comments

• armada120armada120 Member Posts: 5

Its way better then that. There are people in there 60's who play. It is the best game out there.  i won't play anything else. its the only game thats actually good.

• MrScroogeMrScrooge Member UncommonPosts: 8

I enjoy playing Onverse and I am 32 years old. Some of my friends who became members of Onverse are in their 60s and one is in his 70s. These are people I have known and trusted for years. Onverse does have many younger teenagers but it is not exclusive or limited to just teens. 

What I like the best about the game is that it only has three employees  and yet it provides cool content The CEO is an awesome guy who takes the time to listen to what his membership wants and what they don't like. That is a rarity in any virtual world, let me tell you. 

The membership itself ranges, as stated earlier. There are older folks and there are younger folks. There are mature people and there are immature people. That's life, you're going to find that anywhere you go. Overall though, I must say it is one of the most tight-knit communities that I have ever belonged to.

Keep in mind that it is a work in progress, the game has only been open for a year and one month. I am amazed at how fast it seems to grow and I've only been a member for five months. It will only add more content as it continues to grow. 

Come check it out sometime. All ages are welcome even though the label is PG-13. We like to keep our world clean of sex, violence, and profanity. I go to WoW when I want to kill stuff. I go to Onverse when I want community.

• PyroWolf18PyroWolf18 Member Posts: 1

At least anyone who likes this category of gaming should try this. It's never dull or boring, there's always something to do. Great community, always people helping. And what's better than all of the other games similar to this, the Dev's actually care about what you think! Use the forums often ;)

• PlutonicwoesPlutonicwoes Member UncommonPosts: 343

Dear onverse PR employee.  

Your mult account premade crap makes me smile.

• StarligghttStarligghtt Member Posts: 3

^ FAIL.

I just rofl'ed so hard.. ANYWAY, it's totally not a game for just 13-16.

I know tons of people who are 40 or older. Unless you think 40+ is still a child, this is not just a children's game.

Ooh, and hai other Onversers who might read this~ xD

EDIT: Oh, I see now.. We all happened to make an account today. I made one just to reply to this thread. (:

Those people above (except for the fail troll) are all from Onverse, and are NOT premade accounts. Believe me or not, whatever. Check out the game before you start assuming things.

Disappoint.

Wait, I'm a PR employee? Where's my money!?!

• avneetavneet Member Posts: 68

Originally posted by Plutonicwoes

Dear onverse PR employee.  

Your mult account premade crap makes me smile.

Definitely agree. I'm not trying this game just because of this cheap marketing tactic. It's more obvious then you think that it's multi accounts :D

Drackarre-A new medieval fantasy sandbox mmorpg in development by Bungaboo.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Originally posted by MrScrooge

Wait, I'm a PR employee? Where's my money!?!

You should probably find out why your other alts aren't paying you.  Get all of you in a chatroom and settle this thing.

Just seems kind of interesting so many new accounts and ALL of them seem to play onverse.  image

• AirspellAirspell Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,391

I agree there's alot of 40 year old pedos playing kid's mmorpgs.

By all means believe whatever you want to believe. If you want to assume that all posters are the same person based on when they signed up, then go ahead and assume away. The fact is some of us came over here to voice our opinion on our virtual world. We are of all ages, despite hearsay the original poster who didn't even visit our world posted. I play many other games and am always looking for other games to play so I joined up for that reason also. But again, I understand the negativity. It's far easier to be negative than it is to be positive or polite. I have stated my opinion and I have only one account on here. By all means carry on with your negativity and false assumptions. Good day.

• thundurrthundurr Member Posts: 7

So I tried out Onverse. It reminds me of Seinfeld, you know how they said it's a show about nothing? Well, Onverse is a game about nothing, but let me clarify that this is a GOOD thing. It's like nothing I have ever played before. If I just want to kick back and relax, I've found I can do so many different types of things in there that I have a good time ever time. Chatting, dancing, exploring, decorating my house, etc. And they have a couple games, Splatball and Icefall that I play frequently too.

Splatball itself is a game I would play anyways, it really is a quality FPS game with many different guns, smooth gameplay, and a pretty cool way of scoring the game where you steal points from others, making the best players the highest targets. I highly recommend at least trying Onverse, even if the only thing you do is try out Splatball.

I'll keep checking it out and update my thoughts as I go.  For now though, with new stuff coming out every two weeks, I feel like it's more exciting than waiting 3-6 months like most MMOs.

• IIRLIIRL Member Posts: 876

This game is obnoxious. And the multiple accounts guy seems really desperate about defending his game which is another sign to stay away from this game.

I CREATED MYSELF!
    <3 "<Claus|Dev> i r pk"

SW:TOR|War40K:DMO|GW2

Yes, you guys were right. Onverse is a joke and a waste of time.
  • macwoodmacwood Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Originally posted by MrScrooge
    Yes, you guys were right. Onverse is a joke and a waste of time.

You must be a bit slow... 4 years to reply to the thread?

This discussion has been closed.