Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft over a billion in revenues in 2013 approaching 2 billion, Eso800k subs

http://images.mmorpg.com/images/newsimages/292014/SuperDataSubs.jpg.jpg
WoW over a billion dollars and working towards 2 billion, and eso putting up almost 800k subs, and who says pc gaming is dead? Numbers don't lie, it's alive and well.

Comments

• Dudek28Dudek28 Member UncommonPosts: 226

Gaming is what is keeping the PC market alive.

• ryvendarkryvendark Member Posts: 141
    reposting stats keeps this place alive :)
  • wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659
    Taco Bell keeps me alive
  • ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    People still eat fast food knowing it isn't good for you.  When people are addicted to mmos they will play anything you throw at them. A gambling addict will bet on anything because he/she needs the thrill and drugs addicts well, you know they just can't get enough cause they need a quick fix.  In my opinion people still like quantity over quality which ofcourse is pretty bad.
  • jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    Apparently some VIDEO GAME are bad for the player and some VIDEO GAME are good. ROFL!

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by ThomasN7
    People still eat fast food knowing it isn't good for you.  When people are addicted to mmos they will play anything you throw at them. A gambling addict will bet on anything because he/she needs the thrill and drugs addicts well, you know they just can't get enough cause they need a quick fix.  In my opinion people still like quantity over quality which ofcourse is pretty bad.

A lot of these Michelin-starred restaurants sell food that isn't good for you either and charge a lot.

What's with the addiction analogy? Are you claiming the majority of the numbers presented are addicts rather than sensible people playing in moderation?

• donjndonjn Member UncommonPosts: 816
    People still eat fast food knowing it isn't good for you.  When people are addicted to mmos they will play anything you throw at them. A gambling addict will bet on anything because he/she needs the thrill and drugs addicts well, you know they just can't get enough cause they need a quick fix.  In my opinion people still like quantity over quality which of course is pretty bad.

Hey look people, it's an anti-MMO elitist gamer!

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by wrightstuf
    Taco Bell keeps me alive

Hellz yeah!!!  Some how they make that grade C meat taste so good..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    fast food is good for my taste buds.

Same here but my stomach and digestive system say otherwise!

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• zwei2zwei2 Member Posts: 361

At least the picture indicates that pay to play games are still living, for now.

The possibility of the universe collapsing into a singularity is higher than the birth of a perfect MMORPG.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

If there was something out there that was "quality" then your argument might be valid, but instead people have to play what is available.  Would you rather drive a model T or a current car....well back when the model T came out that was all there was.  Were they stupid for not waiting for the modern car?