Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Servers empty - Should Wildstar had launched as F2P?

2»

Comments

• st3v3b0st3v3b0 Member UncommonPosts: 155
    Server I play on at night (9pm est-midnight) is Medium - High every night.
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Originally posted by tordurbar

I personally like Wildstar but cannot play it any more. Litterally cannot. After playing for more than an hour my hands hurt so much that I cannot continue. Action combat is not for me. However, I do not castigate Carbine for using action combat. It can be fun and is certainly exciting. The issue is with me - not Carbine.

From what I read on other sites I gather that my reaction is not as unusual as I suspected. It is a shame as there are a lot of thing that I like about Wildstar - the graphics, the humor, the complexity and the settler path. To show my support for Carbine I purchased a 3 month sub but after that it is over.

Should WS have been released as F2P - no. Any AAA MMO title that starts out F2P would be trashed from the get go. It seems that the normal procedure now is to release as a sub and then switch to f2p. The developers/investors need that initial payoff.

Would F2P make a difference? Not for people like me. However, moving to free to play would bring in a lot of younger players that enjoy action combat so the net effect would be positive.

I had that same issue with Neverwinter and Tera Tordurbar.  Then again I have carpal tunnel and need to have it fixed.  The problem was when I played action combat games like Neverwinter and Tera it act up more and faster than WOW.  Not saying I dont have problem when I play WOW just not as much.  

• marcuslmmarcuslm Member UncommonPosts: 263

I personally like the B2P model of GW2.

I don't mind paying for a game, but I don't like to pay subs because my play time is sporadic. I play in spurts. I may lay off of a game for a month or two and then come back. I like variety. I have limited time for games and I don't play MMORPG games exclusively, so when a new single player game comes out it may get my attention for a month or so.

So B2P works out best for me personally.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Between the assumption made in the title and the poll, this was clearly not an attempt at real discussion. Locked.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.