Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Free Log-In Weekend Starts Friday

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Former Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn players are being invited to come back for a free log-in weekend. The special event kicks off on Friday, July 18th and runs through Monday, July 21st. The event is to give lapsed players a chance to see all of the big changes and new content that has been added to the game since launch.

• Eligibility: Users who have previously purchased and registered FINAL FANTASY XIV and whose service account is set as inactive during the campaign period. *Please visit the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station to confirm the status of your service account.

• Event Schedule:  From Friday, July 18 2014 at 12:00 a.m. to Monday, July 21 2014 at 12:00 a.m. (PDT) * Please note that a subscription to FFXIV: ARR is required to continue playing after the event period.

Find out more on the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

The last three major patches have really made this game grow; they recently added servers and more staff due to it's popularity.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Hmm. Can we not download it until tomorrow? Got the launcher, but after I log in it tells me I need an active account to play, so the install/patching doesn't begin.
  • SamuraiXIVSamuraiXIV Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by ThumbtackJ
    Hmm. Can we not download it until tomorrow? Got the launcher, but after I log in it tells me I need an active account to play, so the install/patching doesn't begin.

Read from their website before doing anything, it states there yes you can log in for free if you purchased the game before and not subscribing at the moment.

edit: this is from their website:

Free Login Weekend Overview

Users meeting the following conditions will be able to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn free of charge during the upcoming weekend:

Eligibility

Users who have previously purchased and registered FINAL FANTASY XIV and whose service account is set as inactive during the campaign period.
    *Please visit the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station to confirm the status of your service account.

Event Schedule

From Friday, July 18 2014 at 12:00 a.m. to Monday, July 21 2014 at 12:00 a.m. (PDT)
    * Please note that a subscription to FFXIV: ARR is required to continue playing after the event period.
    * Please also note that maintenance is currently scheduled to take place on North American/European Data Center Worlds on July 17, 2014 from 11:00 p.m. (PDT) to July 18, 2014 6:00 a.m. (PDT)

"mmorpg.com forum admins are all TROLLS and losers in real life"
    My opinion

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

I wonder if this has anything to do with ArcheAge Beta starting?

Sorry FF14, I'll be trying AA this weekend. :)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Ivylena

Hah, I was wondering the same.

And I'll be doing the same this weekend! (Here's to hoping it won't disappoint)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• beat_downbeat_down Member UncommonPosts: 46

It is suspicious that the free weekend was suppose to be last week. Then got moved to this weekend.

• TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456
    I think it has more to do with the Destiny beta. Destiny seems to have a few gaming companies holding their breath atm.

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by Tyggs
    I think it has more to do with the Destiny beta. Destiny seems to have a few gaming companies holding their breath atm.

Holding your breath to stifle giggles is still essentially holding your breath I suppose.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• neobahamut20neobahamut20 Member Posts: 336

Destiny is a single player game by Activision. No one really cares and everyone expects there to be shady business that will drive players away like they did with COD.  There is no threat in the industry at the moment.

Boycotting EA. Why? They suck, even moreso since 2008.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

is the AA beta a weekend also? I just uninstalled the Russian version so if this NA beta is only 1 weekend then to me its not worth the huge download :(

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by neobahamut20

Destiny is a single player game by Activision. No one really cares and everyone expects there to be shady business that will drive players away like they did with COD.  There is no threat in the industry at the moment.

did you play the Destiny Alpha? Destiny is not a single player game. It doesnt even have a single player mode, unless they added one recently. Destiny is a half-way mmo (coop based with a persistent lobby city). Get your facts straight. But yeah there is no threat, i agree with that.

Originally posted by Torvaldr

Ah, you fooled me with the title. This isn't really a free weekend. It's a free WELCOME BACK weekend for previous purchasers of the client.

Ah, those P2P games and their shady marketing tactics. The UK should think of the children! Just kidding. It did fool me into thinking I could try the game for a weekend though.

If you do decide to pick up the game anytime soon Torv, it's $15 on Amazon at the moment, or it was yesterday. Comes with a free month of course. Come to Faerie and I'll tank for you with those instant queues :)

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Aeonblades Originally posted by Torvaldr Ah, you fooled me with the title. This isn't really a free weekend. It's a free WELCOME BACK weekend for previous purchasers of the client. Ah, those P2P games and their shady marketing tactics. The UK should think of the children! Just kidding. It did fool me into thinking I could try the game for a weekend though.
    If you do decide to pick up the game anytime soon Torv, it's $15 on Amazon at the moment, or it was yesterday. Comes with a free month of course. Come to Faerie and I'll tank for you with those instant queues :)
    Sweet. I'll wait for the fall Steam sale. It comes up for $15 on Steam sometimes. I'll definitely take you up on the tanking.

Clearly if torv ever plays this game, he's coming to balmung ;)
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Originally posted by Aeonblades

Originally posted by Torvaldr Ah, you fooled me with the title. This isn't really a free weekend. It's a free WELCOME BACK weekend for previous purchasers of the client. Ah, those P2P games and their shady marketing tactics. The UK should think of the children! Just kidding. It did fool me into thinking I could try the game for a weekend though.
    Sweet. I'll wait for the fall Steam sale. It comes up for $15 on Steam sometimes. I'll definitely take you up on the tanking.

That works too! I'm planning on having a BLM alt on Balmung down the road as I have a couple of friends from Rift playing there :)

And yea Torv, the XIV community has been stellar, I go into new dungeons telling them I haven't tanked there before and every time there has been someone nice enough to explain each fight and help me learn the dungeon. It's the nicest community I have been a part of since probably DAoC or EQ honestly.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Foomerang   Originally posted by Torvaldr Originally posted by Aeonblades Originally posted by Torvaldr Ah, you fooled me with the title. This isn't really a free weekend. It's a free WELCOME BACK weekend for previous purchasers of the client. Ah, those P2P games and their shady marketing tactics. The UK should think of the children! Just kidding. It did fool me into thinking I could try the game for a weekend though.
    That works too! I'm planning on having a BLM alt on Balmung down the road as I have a couple of friends from Rift playing there :)

And yea Torv, the XIV community has been stellar, I go into new dungeons telling them I haven't tanked there before and every time there has been someone nice enough to explain each fight and help me learn the dungeon. It's the nicest community I have been a part of since probably DAoC or EQ honestly.

Nice. Look up Coy Rabbit if you every visit Balmung :)

Originally posted by Torvaldr Ah, you fooled me with the title. This isn't really a free weekend. It's a free WELCOME BACK weekend for previous purchasers of the client. Ah, those P2P games and their shady marketing tactics. The UK should think of the children! Just kidding. It did fool me into thinking I could try the game for a weekend though.

Nice. Look up Coy Rabbit if you every visit Balmung :)

Will do, likewise if any of you are ever on Faerie feel free to look up Amari Fae, will be glad to help out anyone.

• AbcynthAbcynth Member UncommonPosts: 60
    I'm thinking about coming back is anyone on Adamantoise? I currently have a White Mage and Black Mage alt and could use a tanky friend :-)
  • ZenTaoYingYangZenTaoYingYang Member Posts: 354
    sadly I am in moogle server, wish I can help :P