Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trion incompetence

2»

Comments

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Tbau
    Originally posted by Dihoru

Couldn't you buy cash shop currency with in game gold? If so the only train wreck in here is your logic train.

ability to eventually get everything doesn't remove the P2W aspect.

You go ahead and farm out the 10,0000,000 gold you need for what I will get in the minute it takes me to pay for it, then use that advantage to get 10,000,000 gold in far less time so I can keep getting more, faster.

Land + faster LP = far more materials to trade with to make even more in game money.

Assuming you adopt the retarded mentality of endgame = fun rather than journey through the game = fun. 

Oh and anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.

• An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524

Couldn't you buy cash shop currency with in game gold? If so the only train wreck in here is your logic train.

You go ahead and farm out the 10,0000,000 gold you need for what I will get in the minute it takes me to pay for it, then use that advantage to get 10,000,000 gold in far less time so I can keep getting more, faster.

Land + faster LP = far more materials to trade with to make even more in game money.

Look at it from the opposite side. A player making tons of free account placing 5+ farms taking land that you, paying player, can't get. Or sitting on mines grinding all day long, then selling the mats almost at vendor price. You are asking for a broken game just to play it free. No thanks. Also the 10mln gold thing is ludicrous.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Originally posted by An4thor

Look at it from the opposite side. A player making tons of free account placing 5+ farms taking land that you, paying player, can't get. Or sitting on mines grinding all day long, then selling the mats almost at vendor price. You are asking for a broken game just to play it free. No thanks. Also the 10mln gold thing is ludicrous.

that is some good points.

I think what I dont understand is how is labour points part of the game play. I can figure out what its really for, other than to generate money for the dev in the future.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• TbauTbau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 401

P2W is P2W, there are no opposite sides.

See, I do not feel the need to call a game something it isn't just, because. You feel the need to keep coming up with reasons for it NOT to be P2W instead of just saying that it is...and moving on.

I PLAY Archeage, have done so for 5 months now and will continue to play (the Japanese version) for a while now and will never EVER feel the need to lie and call the game something it is not.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

That is exactly how you remove it.

• An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524

P2W is P2W, there are no opposite sides.

See, I do not feel the need to call a game something it isn't just, because. You feel the need to keep coming up with reasons for it NOT to be P2W instead of just saying that it is...and moving on.

I PLAY Archeage, have done so for 5 months now and will continue to play (the Japanese version) for a while now and will never EVER feel the need to lie and call the game something it is not.

And i'll keep on calling it not pay to win because i think it's not. I guess we reached a conclusion.

Originally posted by DamonVile

Then by all means take 6 months to gain the right to get land with a patron status purchased with your long hard work only to find out there is no land to get because everyone got it by PAYING to get it on day 1 and being able to get in game money faster to be able to keep it.

I am sure you will be really happy with that "removal" when the time comes and you find out, it didn't remove it at all.

• cerulean2012cerulean2012 Member UncommonPosts: 492

Hey OP, get tired of being slammed in your other thread so you started a new one.  We get it, you don't like the game.  Know what you have done....you have with your hatred towards Trion & Archage caused more people to want to try Archage out, so I will say congrats, your message is working out fine....for Trion/Archage.

Now on to something truely important...do you think it will rain?

Then by all means take 6 months to gain the right to get land with a patron status purchased with your long hard work only to find out there is no land to get because everyone got it by PAYING to get it on day 1 and being able to get in game money faster to be able to keep it.

I am sure you will be really happy with that "removal" when the time comes and you find out, it didn't remove it at all.

I'll never call a sub p2w. It's just a stupid argument to make. It's an mmo...they have subs. People who expect to play an mmo for free and be competitive with sub players, don't belong in them.

That being said selling power/stats or the best items in a cash shop above and beyond a sub is something the genre doesn't need. I reserve the term p2w for what it really is. A game breaking mechanic, not a rallying call for a bunch of freeloaders.

I'll never call a sub p2w. It's just a stupid argument to make. It's an mmo...they have subs. People who expect to play an mmo for free and be competitive with sub players, don't belong in them.

That being said selling power/stats or the best items in a cash shop above and beyond a sub is something the genre doesn't need. I reserve the term p2w for what it really is. A game breaking mechanic, not a rallying call for a bunch of freeloaders.

Lazy freeloaders,some of us grinded dilithium in STO for a galaxy-x and do not mind working for our sub if we cannot afford it monetarily.

Lazy freeloaders,some of us grinded dilithium in STO for a galaxy-x and do not mind working for our sub if we cannot afford it monetarily.

Are you on the forums calling the game p2w?

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Reizla
    Originally posted by SEANMCAD
    Originally posted by Reizla

Uhm... Trade ingots & lumber instead? I hear ppl yelling for it in faction chat all the time (doing it myself as well when I'm low on LP). Or do you want to boost metalworking and carpentry as well..?

And yeah, if thunderstruck trees will come to the cash shop I will apologize big time, but I don't think they will. Same for the Archeum crystals. You can obtain those though 'normal game play' *LOL* and will most likely not be added to the cash shop...

how do you get ingots and lumber without using LPs?

Quite simple... One player takes care of the raw materials (iron ore & logs), while the other player processes them (into iron ingots & lumber). You can trade the ore/logs for ingots/lumber on a 3:1 basis (which is the 'recipe' to process them) or just sell the ingots/logs and buy the ingots/lumber on the AH.

And suddenly the entire economy becomes dependent on those willing to spend their precious few LP on materials for someone else........the F2P conversion took a large chunk out of the appeal of the game. This was a PvP and crafting haven, now its just a PvP game with systems that take from the game instead of gives to it.

It's already happening in Alpha man. Not to mention, acquiring ore/logs takes up a lot more LP (certainly for ores!) than processing does.  Also take into account that you can only specialize in a couple of crafts, and if you want to gather mats instead of processing them as specialization it's your call. Or rather, when you have been mining 100s of ore nodes and are out of LP but do want to get your ingots, just trade - there's always someone more than happy to spend LP (and gain XP) from processing them.

No but freeloader by definition means non-paying customer in this instance ergo do not lump us all into the lazy entitled corner, that's a vocal minority at best.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    They are vocal and lazy? Sounds like a lot of work for lazy people.
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by Horusra
    They are vocal and lazy? Sounds like a lot of work for lazy people.

I laughed!

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

No but freeloader by definition means non-paying customer in this instance ergo do not lump us all into the lazy entitled corner, that's a vocal minority at best.

You lumped them all together not me. The line you're referring to was specifically talking about free players who complain about paying customers getting advantages in their sub.

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

Very few companies test their cash shops before release.  And by that I mean true testing where they refund all purchases back at the end not this so called "Open Beta" crap where everything you buy carries over to launch because that's not testing it operating for a profit.

The reason I feel most don't is because they are not interested in player feedback on them.  They know what they want to offer in the shop and if they are doing something new they have paid professional's money to give them advise on what works and what doesn't.  They neither need or desire feedback on what's put n the cash shop from players.  Now you as a player have two options at that point; 1. accept it and grin, 2. Don't play the game.  I guess there is always the third option of complaining on some  forum that will let you rant if it makes you feel better but don't expect anything to change.

I'll never call a F2P game that has a sub anything but P2W since they meet the definition of what P2W is.

Subscription based games shouldn't be trying to call themselves FREE 2 PLAY if its not free. F2P games are free and there are a LOT of them and THEY ARE THE ONES THAT CAME UP WITH THE TERM FREE 2 PLAY.

All freemium does is give its paying customers the wonderful world of troll/crap F2P players to deal with in the game they are paying to play.

Either be sub or be free. This game was a gem before the F2P changes, now its a better than average P2W.

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869

Im sorry but am i to believe that P2W and SUB are considered the same thing now? I fucking hate this genre anymore. I long for the days of sub only mmos where everything in the game could be attained within the game. No Fucking cash shops. No fucking F2P never ending "trial" accounts. Pay your fucking 15 a month and have the same chance everyone else has at gaining and progressing within the game.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by xAPOCx

Im sorry but am i to believe that P2W and SUB are considered the same thing now? I fucking hate this genre anymore. I long for the days of sub only mmos where everything in the game could be attained within the game. No Fucking cash shops. No fucking F2P never ending "trial" accounts. Pay your fucking 15 a month and have the same chance everyone else has at gaining and progressing within the game.

+1

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

You know, I said the same thing when some companies that had sub games started calling them F2P while still expecting you to pay a sub for the entire thing while having to deal with a flood of F2P people.

One or the other please, the game is either worth paying for or it isn't and I have yet to see a game with a F2P crowd that is worth paying to play "all" of it. F2P players destroy communities unless you are playing a Japanese F2P game because those people aren't asses (and I don't mean stomping you in PvP and then bragging) or trolls.

• MarknMarkn Member UncommonPosts: 307
    Ya this whole 23gb download every patch is lol.  What is this 1999 ?    You know they can do it  better rift does not require entire downloads for any patch.
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    Originally posted by Foobarx

...Everyone is going to play it...because it's F2P and they are bored with *insert whatever game they played last* and are looking for something to do until *insert whatever game is due to come out next* is released. 

This accurately describes me

Demolished by the idea "Time is money" with anyone over the age of 18 capable of earning 100s of dollars in the time spent gaming in P2P games of the post-EQ1 era to get your money's worth from the game. Arguably the last non-timesink MMO of the P2P variety was SWG pre-NGE but everything since has had you paying far, far more than those 15$ a month in time wasted.

F2P may not be much better but it is improving slowly whereas P2P is pretty much as good as it will ever get.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    While we do encourage community members to post their views on games, positive or negative, we do require posts to be a little more substantial than the equivalent of "this game sucks". 

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.