Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge is NOT pay to win

2»

Comments

• BorlucBorluc Member UncommonPosts: 255

Nothing in life is free. People need to stop thinking in black and white and wake up to reality.   P2w as a defined and clear mechanic is as nonexistent as f2p.   Name one game that will cost every player 0 money over its life span.   You can't because games are made to make cash.  

We should all just be happy that AA will not offer insurmountable obstacles to those that don't pay.  Of course you can get something for your money.  That's reality little buddies.  

If the things which can be paid for are out of your reach, then perhaps you should focus on real life just a bit.  Again, on the grand scale AA will land on the light side of paying for advantages, so collect those cans or work a part time job.  

• TbauTbau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 401
    Originally posted by Borluc

Nothing in life is free.

/breathes in

/breathes out

/laughs at the comment with no substance

I can log into a number of actual F2P games that have no subscription options. Weather or not they have a cash shop with items that give a person an advantage or not is another story yet it still makes your post the pointless thing it is.

Call Archeage what it IS and either play or don't.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

You know what i like about Trion and their payment system ?

1.People can actualy try the game without paying 60 euro + 13 euro sub to even smell the game.

2.No PAY TO WIN CASH SHOPZ <--------

3.Subscription that gives you worth its money

I laugh so hard on those haters with their pay to win arguments :)
    When its a subscription mmo with free to play attached i say Trion rocks on their vieuw how to please both sides of the fence.

No wallet warrior style cash shop, just fluffy bunny items / costumes / potions.
    No tricks if you pay a sub <3
    Can try the game without a massive paywall infront of your nose that says BUY ME BEFORE YOU TRY ME SUCKER.

Archeage itself is replacing all my gaming needs, and after Warhammer / SWTOR / ESO i can only say.........what a facking beast it is to play this game.
    Best mmo since WoW i can tell you that.

• An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524
    Originally posted by Tbau

Nothing in life is free.

/breathes in

/breathes out

I can log into a number of actual F2P games that have no subscription options. Weather or not they have a cash shop with items that give a person an advantage or not is another story yet it still makes your post the pointless thing it is.

And how long can you stay in these supposed "free games" before quitting out of boredom? Either you are getting the value out of your money or you don't play.

Originally posted by An4thor

/breathes in

/breathes out

And how long can you stay in these supposed "free games" before quitting out of boredom? Either you are getting the value out of your money or you don't play.

The only F2P games that I have played are Neverwinter, which is average. Rift, only because I was subbed when it went F2P and that didn't last long after since the community went to hell, and now Archeage with the Japanese client and I don't know if that will last since they are taking so long to get the P2W aspects out of it and players are leaving it.

A game is either good or it isn't, sub/F2P/P2W has nothing to do with it.

Archeage was great before 1.0, its still OK today. No game however, is so good that I would lie about it. The game is P2W and I will never feel the need to defend a game by trying to hide what it is to people, that is something people do to try to trick people into playing because it isn't good enough to stand on what it actually is........or they just lack the ability to mount a proper defense.

• laz3rNach0zlaz3rNach0z Member Posts: 59
    so bro the cash shop is ingame now and from the looks of it for pvp mechanics the cash shop is not a viable p2w BUT if u are more of a crafty type person and do crafting mechanics u get pretty swag stuff on cash shop like extra labor pts and 100% bonus on xp so it is viable p2w if u consider crafting for the win/endgame
  • laz3rNach0zlaz3rNach0z Member Posts: 59
    i think its kinda crap for us pvp mechanics people to not have much stuff to buy but its only beta and their still making stuff so fingers crossed they make stuff for us in future updates! see u ingame!
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by laz3rNach0z
    so bro the cash shop is ingame now and from the looks of it for pvp mechanics the cash shop is not a viable p2w BUT if u are more of a crafty type person and do crafting mechanics u get pretty swag stuff on cash shop like extra labor pts and 100% bonus on xp so it is viable p2w if u consider crafting for the win/endgame

That's kind of what I was getting at with my posts. P2W is subjective because everyone has a different definition of "winning". To a lot of people, GW2 is P2W, even though it only offers a small amount of items in the cash shop that give you advantages over others. The reason being is because since costumes are the progression in GW2, buying cash shop only costumes is "winning" for a player that only cares about cosmetics.

It's very subjective.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• kkchenkkchen Member UncommonPosts: 9

Nobody here understands what P2W actually means.

Give me a "F2P" game that does not have an option to pay to give you things faster. (Hint you can't)

P2W is when you can buy things like "exclusive weapons" that are much more powerful than F2P items. Or stuff like the refining system in most F2P games where it's not reasonable to upgrade without cash items.

ArcheAge just allows you to do things a bit faster. And by a bit faster, it's not even like you buy it and you get items. You still have to actually play the game to take advantage of the extra LP or land. 

Originally posted by kkchen

Give me a "F2P" game that does not have an option to pay to give you things faster. (Hint you can't)

P2W is when you can buy things like "exclusive weapons" that are much more powerful than F2P items. Or stuff like the refining system in most F2P games where it's not reasonable to upgrade without cash items.

ArcheAge just allows you to do things a bit faster. And by a bit faster, it's not even like you buy it and you get items. You still have to actually play the game to take advantage of the extra LP or land. 

That's a reasonable definition of P2W that fits your playstyle. Look to my above post to show how P2W can easily be subject to opinion. Everyone "wins" in their own way. There is no set in stone definition of P2W, and I have never had anyone who could pin down a single definition for P2W.

Originally posted by Aeonblades

That's kind of what I was getting at with my posts. P2W is subjective because everyone has a different definition of "winning". To a lot of people, GW2 is P2W, even though it only offers a small amount of items in the cash shop that give you advantages over others. The reason being is because since costumes are the progression in GW2, buying cash shop only costumes is "winning" for a player that only cares about cosmetics.

It's very subjective.

It's because it's subjective that we're having this discussion. The issue is whether or not ArcheAge takes its cash system too far. With "P2W" as a yes vote, and "not P2W" as a no vote.

Give me a "F2P" game that does not have an option to pay to give you things faster.

So because other games have P2W it means all F2P games can be it without being called P2W?!?

That's some shallow bubble you built around your head.

BTW, Champions Online. Cosmetics only, no items that give any kind of advantage.

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

I'm glad so many of you have never actually had any experience with an honest pay to win game..  Like the really gnarly ones where people drop $2,000 USD and dominate PVP.

I can appreciate the fact that you really have to nitpick, spell it out, go over everything with a high powered microscope, and stretch the definition to find any P2W aspects of Trion's shop.

Give me a "F2P" game that does not have an option to pay to give you things faster.

So because other games have P2W it means all F2P games can be it without being called P2W?!?

That's some shallow bubble you built around your head.

BTW, Champions Online. Cosmetics only, no items that give any kind of advantage.

I've been seeing lots of threads and posts about how this game is P2W mainly because of the LP and the CS LP Potions.

This is not pay to win.

P2W = gaining more, faster or gaining something you cannot get without paying.

You can literally buy classes with money in Champions Online. This is gaining more and gaining something you cannot get without paying. Also upgrade catalysts allow you to upgrade faster. Try again

I'm saying your definition of P2W is wrong since that would mean F2P doesn't actually exist. You need to dial back on how you define P2W.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Nothing in life is free.

/breathes in

/breathes out

Borluc is right you know and you are wrong. Just read the following article about a Venezuelan airport... :D

Originally posted by Ramanadjinn

I'm glad so many of you have never actually had any experience with an honest pay to win game..  Like the really gnarly ones where people drop $2,000 USD and dominate PVP.

I can appreciate the fact that you really have to nitpick, spell it out, go over everything with a high powered microscope, and stretch the definition to find any P2W aspects of Trion's shop.

Using different play styles to form an opinion on P2W is hardly stretching anything. Just because someone doesn't appreciate the same aspects of games as you do does not mean the game isn't P2W for their needs/game experience.

You can literally buy classes with money in Champions Online. This is gaining more and gaining something you cannot get without paying. Also upgrade catalysts allow you to upgrade faster. Try again

I'm saying your definition of P2W is wrong since that would mean F2P doesn't actually exist. You need to dial back on how you define P2W. 

1. The classes are in line with all other classes, just use different skills and thus do not provide an advantage.

2. A definition is a definition, not just when it suits you.

3. I do not have to change the meaning of a word to justify the game.

It would seem I am a much bigger fan of Archeage than you.

1. The classes are in line with all other classes, just use different skills and thus do not provide an advantage.

2. A definition is a definition, not just when it suits you.

3. I do not have to change the meaning of a word to justify the game.

It would seem I am a much bigger fan of Archeage than you.

1. I'm using YOUR definition. Catalysts upgrade easier and are much faster to obtain rather than with dailies. (The faster of your definition). You can't use those skills without paying for them. That's more, and gaining something you cannot get without paying again with your definition.

2. Right, which is why under your definition Champions Online is also P2W.

3. I'm not changing the meaning to justify the game. I'm saying you have the wrong meaning.

Originally posted by Aeonblades

It's very subjective.

It's because it's subjective that we're having this discussion. The issue is whether or not ArcheAge takes its cash system too far. With "P2W" as a yes vote, and "not P2W" as a no vote.

Then yes, ArcheAge is P2W. It promotes certain styles of play to be forced into the cash shop, which would make it P2W. Is it P2W to me? No, because I don't care about crafting or housing all that much. But if it's P2W to ANY playstyle, then yes the game should be labeled P2W.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    When there is a thread you want to respond to, please respond within that thread instead of dividing the discussion (and sometimes, arguments) into multiple places.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.