Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge Pay2Win (Warning/Review)

13»

Comments

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Originally posted by Orgone

My archeage day.

Log in , sort out my farm, do a bit of mining. Ooops, no fkn Labour points left.

Go afk, then alt tab and play something else. (LABOUR REGEN WHILE ONLINE BETTER THAN OFFLINE)

Later on in the day, log in, sort out my farm, do a bit of mining, oops.

Rinse and repeat.

Hey, I can go and pve/pvp all day, but I cant craft for more than a short while.

Soultion. Go to the Trion Cash shop and buy labour potions. ffs

There would be a fkn uproar if they limited how much you could quest, or pvp.

Haters gonna hate, I love the game, Trion make me feel nauseous now, part time garbage

speaking of which <Away> toons are EVERYWHERE. In fact I tried to make a character called Away but someone already took it. Yeah I am just going to experiement with a few things then quit.

I dont know why you guys dont try the indie market, these AAA games are certified bullshit

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• TbauTbau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 401
    Originally posted by PAL-18
    So no subscription only  servers  without p2w cash shops? all p2win servers with cash shop even when subbed?

Correct. You get to enjoy all the F2P player goodness even when subscribing to actually be able to play the full game.

Isnt it wonderful?

That is why I will stick to playing the Japanese version. The few F2P games that actually has players there still have great communities because Japanese players aren't trollish dicks.

two words that says more than one thing for those who know..

burn jita

• OrgoneOrgone Member Posts: 90

Not to mention the bots of course.

Everywhere you go in game, there are players afk.

Subscribers having to pay extra to play the core game (labour points potions) is sick.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by LuciousVictis

I dont care for the hate, everyone has their opinion and they can take it personnal or not i dont care.

Hey i paid this turd 150 and one month after i am done with it, i wont even try 1.2.

The game simply isnt worth it, in fact i waited what, 1 month to write this so much i didnt care? But seeying people defending this game on this forum made me sick to watch....

Go define p2w....with an entry fee of 150 for a free to play game... bunch of....ah. Game is bad guys, its that bad.

WRONG

Released game won't have an entry fee, 

Here is what $150 closed alpha gets you

$150 - gives you 3 months of sub ($45) + $75 of in-game funds + outfits glider and other "fluff"

So Alpha is really $30 - the rest of it you get credit for.

But yeah go ahead and spread complete misinformation

I feel like this thread should have stopped here.

DMK, good work, the thread is yours.

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    I got a beta key this weekend and will check it out. The only reason I have any interest in the game is because of crafting and housing. If there is a cap on the play style I want to do I will just uninstall and move on.
  • TbauTbau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 401
    Originally posted by Greymantle4
    I got a beta key this weekend and will check it out. The only reason I have any interest in the game is because of crafting and housing. If there is a cap on the play style I want to do I will just uninstall and move on.

No housing for you unless you are a founder, and none for you after release unless you are a patron.

• LuciousVictisLuciousVictis Member CommonPosts: 123
    Originally posted by Greymantle4

You will be fine LP wise until you reach endgame. If you intend to get a house and farm, at 50 you will be very restricted in how much you can gather and craft. But i hope you enjoy it, maybe find a work around.

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

I dont care for the hate, everyone has their opinion and they can take it personnal or not i dont care.

Hey i paid this turd 150 and one month after i am done with it, i wont even try 1.2.

The game simply isnt worth it, in fact i waited what, 1 month to write this so much i didnt care? But seeying people defending this game on this forum made me sick to watch....

Go define p2w....with an entry fee of 150 for a free to play game... bunch of....ah. Game is bad guys, its that bad.

Sorry, but the actual "Entry Fee" is not $150. YOU CHOSE to pay that because you didn't want to wait until release. Now you are complaining because you don't think  it was worth YOUR $150 and you need to vent.

I will be playing this game for FREE. I will see for myself if I like it or not.

It's not anyone's fault but your own if you all of a sudden feel cheated because of a decision you made.

Some people always need a way to take their frustration and anger out on others, thou it was their own doing, you seem to be an example.

Hint: Try before Buy

This thread wasn't needed, most people are smart enough not to jump into the water until they know how deep it is.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• TankYou88TankYou88 Member Posts: 310
    OP hasnt seen the cash shop and says the game is P2W. Complete fail.
  • sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by darkness2468
    Originally posted by sanshi44

Sanshi, are you brain washed?

Tons and tons and tons and tons of other much more succesfull, popular and awaited have released and never asked anything in return to get into a freaking alpha or beta. Let alone asking for a ridiculous 150.... Now really its disgusting to see people accepting this and i really hope game compagnies wont carry on with this but i fear it will only get worst... Just look at star citizen with their ships..... eh.

Ok alpha is there for testing and improving the game and offering suggestions and all that.

Now here the mentality of people when it comes to buying into alpha and Free Beta (I put this as beta cause ive never seen a free alpha test to the public, except maybe realy small indie companies)

People buying there way in: O ive invested in this game i should help make the game better by reporting bugs and offer suggestions on improving it because ive already put money into it i want it to work out well

Free entrance into alpha: ok im gonna see if i like this game to see if i wanna play it. They then whinge because the game is incomplete (because an alpha game is no where near being completed) and think the game is total crap and thats all there is too it and never return to give it a real shot.

This is why companies charge for alpha access you dont need to buy alpha access and i acualy say dont buy it atall if u dont wanna help the developers out in making the game and offering suggestions because you will be sorly disapointed if ur expecting a 100% complete game. Beta would be more for that since beta should be a 99% completed game where it just needs some bug squashing while alpha are games no where near finishing.

No i completely agree with you and understand that they couldnt open up to everyone without even opening the cash shop and basically finishing the translation... But lets be honest here, 150$ For any game, no matter how hyped it could be, its ridiculous and excusing it behind a first come first served we have only one server is ridiculous, its a damn shame to the gaming industry....

Hey i am no better, i bought in it. I wasnt hyped by the streamers, i was hyped long ago they just reminded me of this game. 150 isnt much to me so i dont care, i am subbed to 3 game at the moment so i dont care... It just doesnt make sense to me. Specialy when even if you did pay 150 and do pay monthly, you still wont be able to enjoy the game as you wish you would.

The crop thing makes no sense fyi, crops was selling the same price as you would vendor it unless ur crops proc into green which would sell for a few gold. Thats about it.

My view on this, wait for release, try it. Enjoy it if its ur thing but imo.... Its not worth anyones time. It is p2w and i wouldnt even touch this game if you cant subscribe.... really.

Tried eso, then i went to archeage, then tried wildstar, then darkfall..... Back to eso it is.

Well the cash shop is implemented for this weekends cbt so i will see for myself,

On the russian servers i got to level 50 crafted pvped farmed trade runs and never

once ran out of labor points unless i was making stuff for ppl.

Some ppl just spout out crap weekend is coming we will see.

Well some days i would cap my LP in barely an hour, seriously. Clear my large farm, small one, house surrendings. Craft a bit of gear upgrades and i was up there.... After a day of real work....

Grow longer plants if your having LP issue on plants

Originally posted by Ivylena

Sorry, but the actual "Entry Fee" is not $150. YOU CHOSE to pay that because you didn't want to wait until release. Now you are complaining because you don't think  it was worth YOUR $150 and you need to vent.

I will be playing this game for FREE. I will see for myself if I like it or not.

It's not anyone's fault but your own if you all of a sudden feel cheated because of a decision you made.

Some people always need a way to take their frustration and anger out on others, thou it was their own doing, you seem to be an example.

Hint: Try before Buy

This thread wasn't needed, most people are smart enough not to jump into the water until they know how deep it is.

game developers are now drug deals?

You are right however, they are being tricky about it which is lame. If your game kicks ass you dont have to have meetings on how to be clever about getting customers.

This discussion has been closed.