Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trion incompetence

OrgoneOrgone Member Posts: 90

Archeage patches which are full downloads,

Patch notes which they change because they don't even know what is in patch

part time community manager

Labour Points is a JOKE. As a subscriber I want to craft, or farm, or something, but I cant due to limits on how much I am allowed to craft per day.

I can fkn fight piss awful mobs all day though, in a game where CRAFTING is first on their advert spiel

Cash shop not tested at all, nobody knows what pay2win garbage will be in there.

What a fkn mess Trion, sort yourselves out

Buyer beware, great game being screwed by developers and publishers

Comments

• TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456
    The mountain of factual evidence of such claims is astounding. Maybe you just don't like the game? 

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Orgone

Cash shop not tested at all, nobody knows what pay2win garbage will be in there.

I can agree on a couple of points you mention in your post. Especially the full 23Gb download AGAIN and AGAIN when they add small patches to the game - that's just plain silly!

Labor points is a bit of a different topic. You have a max of 5K labor (2K for free players), but the regen just goes too slow. Thi could/should be sped up a bit more I think and I'm not talking about that one 1K LP pot with 12h CD that'll probably pop up in the cash shop.

But your rant about the cash shop is just plain BS. Nothing's tested and you claim it'll hold P2W stuff in it. This while TRION clearly stated that they will not add ANY game breaking things to the cash shop. And when looking at RIFT's cash shop I believe them (which is why I bought the alpha myself).

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    While I do know some people are concerned about a p2w issue in this game, I don't think its fair to discredit them until you know for sure, especially since Rift, and their other games, do not have these features.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    It doesn't matter what they put in the cash shop. People like the OP are going to find something in there they don't like. With attitudes like that it makes me wonder how they ever expect to find a GAME they'll enjoy playing. It's almost like the mmo genre has developed it's own e-hipster generation of people who hate everything.
  • OrgoneOrgone Member Posts: 90

Well, you know, Trion actually told us we would be testing the Cash Shop.

But they buggered it up.

The reason I am posting is because I like the game, but it is currently a trainwreck, and when all the beta folk get in, I think this will become clearer.

ffs, I post about fun in game and all sorts, but Trion appear hell bent on wringing every ounce of fun away from game, in the quest for the last penny in our wallets.

Game is going to crash and burn , and I'm gutted about it.

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Unless you are a bot... you will not run out of labour points.. unless you prefer grinding 24/7
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • FoobarxFoobarx Member Posts: 451

Well, you know, Trion actually told us we would be testing the Cash Shop.

But they buggered it up.

The reason I am posting is because I like the game, but it is currently a trainwreck, and when all the beta folk get in, I think this will become clearer.

ffs, I post about fun in game and all sorts, but Trion appear hell bent on wringing every ounce of fun away from game, in the quest for the last penny in our wallets.

Game is going to crash and burn , and I'm gutted about it.

Honestly why bother with all this?  Everyone is going to play it whether it's total crap or not because it's F2P and they are bored with *insert whatever game they played last* and are looking for something to do until *insert whatever game is due to come out next* is released.  This is the ebb and flow of MMORPGs.  All these points are pointless.  All this debating is pointless.  All this warning is pointless.  No one is going to play this game, or any other game for that matter, for more than a few months at most.  They will come and go like the tides.

• TbauTbau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 401
    Originally posted by sumdumguy1
    While I do know some people are concerned about a p2w issue in this game, I don't think its fair to discredit them until you know for sure, especially since Rift, and their other games, do not have these features.

Enough of this already. Just look at Patron rewards and you see it is P2W without the cash shop.

Either the game is F2P or it isn't. This game isn't. You need to pay to get all aspects of the game (land) all while having F2P garbage like labor point limitations and having to deal with the F2P players that trash a community because they can.

And yes, Rift is P2W also because you can buy armor/weapons with stats.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

Archeage patches which are full downloads,

Patch notes which they change because they don't even know what is in patch

part time community manager

Labour Points is a JOKE. As a subscriber I want to craft, or farm, or something, but I cant due to limits on how much I am allowed to craft per day.

I can fkn fight piss awful mobs all day though, in a game where CRAFTING is first on their advert spiel

What a fkn mess Trion, sort yourselves out

Buyer beware, great game being screwed by developers and publishers

I noticed that too. For a game that claims to focus on crafting at least equally they give a LOT of preference to combat.

But at least those cool bubble effects where stolen from Darkfall :) I am proud of that.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• cylon8cylon8 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    before crying like a baby do some research there will be no pay2win items in thecash shop follow rifts model and that's what you have a very balanced cash shop. labor points serve a purpose otherwise everyone would have a fam ship etc etc no sense of accomplishment or effort or risk. so please stop moaning

so say we all

Hey, fire away folks.

Sticking your head in the sand is not going to sort things out.

People need to see things from more than one perspective, unfortunately most folk are too quick to reply, especially without any knowledge.

Hate on, I'm still afk waiting for labour to regen enough to smelt the ores I mined this morning, and attempt to make something with all the trees I plundered from 'non protected' farms.

Oh, and if , as has been mentioned, Thunderstruck trees are on cash shop , I will expect a full apology from every hater on here .

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    If they're not will you come back and say you were wrong?
  • laz3rNach0zlaz3rNach0z Member Posts: 59
    most ppl just want to pvp mechanics and to pk people is viable for all free players so p2w is mostly for crafters and ppl who want more of the LP or house or farm, etc etc

but for most of us who will just probably pk theres no issue bro f2p is viable

i will still pay tho because i want a swag pad
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

Hey, fire away folks.

People need to see things from more than one perspective, unfortunately most folk are too quick to reply, especially without any knowledge.

Hate on, I'm still afk waiting for labour to regen enough to smelt the ores I mined this morning, and attempt to make something with all the trees I plundered from 'non protected' farms.

Oh, and if , as has been mentioned, Thunderstruck trees are on cash shop , I will expect a full apology from every hater on here .

so, you're gonna appologize to yourself now?

because damn dude, if you're not hater, i have no idea

also, i was under the impression that beta is about to start now, not end.... so ... wtf is your prob?

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Hey, fire away folks.

But, can't you buy Thunderstruck trees on the auction house?  Or get them from your own farms?  Or even find them in the wilds as one of my guildmates did up in the northland?

If so, then you are paying for convenience, there is no winning there.

As for waiting on your labor points to regen, get out there and kill something, or some other player.  There are many facets to the game, too much of one thing makes jack a dull boy.

Also, you could create crafting alts, guildmates of mine had 3 or 4 per account (and yes, a few guildmates had multiple Alpha level accounts) and they were crafting all the time.  Additionally, as a guild we who rarely used our labor points would go help out the guild crafters by burning them in the guild farms.

Stop trying to be a one man band, this game isn't well suited for that play style.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Hey, fire away folks.

Uhm... Trade ingots & lumber instead? I hear ppl yelling for it in faction chat all the time (doing it myself as well when I'm low on LP). Or do you want to boost metalworking and carpentry as well..?

And yeah, if thunderstruck trees will come to the cash shop I will apologize big time, but I don't think they will. Same for the Archeum crystals. You can obtain those though 'normal game play' *LOL* and will most likely not be added to the cash shop...

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Originally posted by Reizla

Hey, fire away folks.

Uhm... Trade ingots & lumber instead? I hear ppl yelling for it in faction chat all the time (doing it myself as well when I'm low on LP). Or do you want to boost metalworking and carpentry as well..?

And yeah, if thunderstruck trees will come to the cash shop I will apologize big time, but I don't think they will. Same for the Archeum crystals. You can obtain those though 'normal game play' *LOL* and will most likely not be added to the cash shop...

how do you get ingots and lumber without using LPs?

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524

Well cash shop is live. Here are screenshots (which are totally useless) hope somebody will make a video. Nothing bad in it (yet) imo.

http://cerberusguild.enjin.com/forum/m/24552766/viewthread/13877824-market/page/1

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131

Hey, fire away folks.

Ouch ,,,,,do you find it hard talking with that foot there

• DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432

..is because I like the game, but it is currently a trainwreck..

I've felt like that in quite a few MMOs lately.. even ones out for a while (SWTOR).

Last few years have really been disappointment after disappointment.

Originally posted by SEANMCAD

Hey, fire away folks.

Quite simple... One player takes care of the raw materials (iron ore & logs), while the other player processes them (into iron ingots & lumber). You can trade the ore/logs for ingots/lumber on a 3:1 basis (which is the 'recipe' to process them) or just sell the ingots/logs and buy the ingots/lumber on the AH.

Originally posted by SEANMCAD

Quite simple... One player takes care of the raw materials (iron ore & logs), while the other player processes them (into iron ingots & lumber). You can trade the ore/logs for ingots/lumber on a 3:1 basis (which is the 'recipe' to process them) or just sell the ingots/logs and buy the ingots/lumber on the AH.

And suddenly the entire economy becomes dependent on those willing to spend their precious few LP on materials for someone else........the F2P conversion took a large chunk out of the appeal of the game. This was a PvP and crafting haven, now its just a PvP game with systems that take from the game instead of gives to it.

Yep, my apologies over the Thunderstruck trees

Other than that. Labour potions, xp potions, tax certificates etc.

game just got brokededed

Trion will coin it in though, short term

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

Yep, my apologies over the Thunderstruck trees

Other than that. Labour potions, xp potions, tax certificates etc.

game just got brokededed

Trion will coin it in though, short term

Couldn't you buy cash shop currency with in game gold? If so the only train wreck in here is your logic train.

Originally posted by Dihoru

Couldn't you buy cash shop currency with in game gold? If so the only train wreck in here is your logic train.

ability to eventually get everything doesn't remove the P2W aspect.

You go ahead and farm out the 10,0000,000 gold you need for what I will get in the minute it takes me to pay for it, then use that advantage to get 10,000,000 gold in far less time so I can keep getting more, faster.

Land + faster LP = far more materials to trade with to make even more in game money.

This discussion has been closed.