Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Banned for being sarcastic to gays in zone chat?

WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

Yeah I just got a 72 hr suspension for joking around in zone chat??? WTF is being gay the new normal? What the hell is wrong with todays society?

Evidently the game is chocked full of homosexuals? They were talking about being gay and how cool it was to be so. I said I hate gays and someone replayed in zone chat " hey I hope you have a son or daughter who is gay

I responded " I had a son once that liked to dress up in girls clothes, but he died

Everyone suddenly got sympathetic and responded with

"Ohh I'm so sorry"

Ohhh did he contract aids?

"I'm so sorry I hope he died painlessly"

"Ohh I hope he died with his dignity"

among others

I responded after about 5 minutes with " No I killed him myself!"

OMG you should have been there for the outrage after that.

Some queer evidently reported me and I was suspended?

WTF???

I would laugh at it if I wasn't so pissed off.

I have supported this game heavily since beta and after launch.

I have never reported anyone in a damn computer game in my life and I have gotten pissed several times.

I did not call anyone a bad name, I did not /tell anyone anything I was simply being sarcastic in chat

Was I in the wrong?

I really do not understand what the hell is wrong with our society today...

I would appreciate any feedback on this subject..please?

Comments

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Well deserved. Now come back from middle age, please.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Well deserved ban, grow up.

• DarrocDarroc Member UncommonPosts: 18
    This will be interesting.
  • TankYou88TankYou88 Member Posts: 310
    OP obviously trolling.
  • WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

Ohhh and another thing, My account was due to be renewed on the same day yesterday but they damned sure billed me the 14.99 ON THE SAME DAY???

WTF?

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

You deserved to be banned.

Originally posted by TankYou88
    OP obviously trolling.

Im not trolling I just got home from working 12 hrs. it's like 4AM in the morning and I would like to play my damn game but couldn't thought my credit card was declined or something... couldn't log in to save my life. Even tried to cancel game and re-submitted my credit card info. Hope they didn't double charge me. Finally I checked my e-mail and saw the ban notice.

I am so pissed off right now and you guys aren't helping

Is this entire world turning gay?

• KalSirian2KalSirian2 Member UncommonPosts: 42
    It's called political corectness, it means that if you joke about / poke at some sensitive topics you'll provoke outrage amongst the mass-media-brainwashed righteous thought police, and that's why you got reported and banned. On the bright side, it's only 72 hours, it could have been worse.

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Originally posted by Wrender
    Originally posted by TankYou88
    OP obviously trolling.

Im not trolling I just got home from working 12 hrs. it's like 4AM in the morning and I would like to play my damn game but couldn't thought my credit card was declined or something... couldn't log in to save my life. Even tried to cancel game and re-submitted my credit card info. Hope they didn't double charge me. Finally I checked my e-mail and saw the ban notice.

I am so pissed off right now and you guys aren't helping

Is this entire world turning gay?

Why would we help you, you're either a troll, or you got a well deserved ban and only one you should be pissed at should be yourself.

• StammererStammerer Member Posts: 44
    Good job Zenimax. 
    I have never reported anyone in any game ever no matter what idiots do. It's a fucking video game for Christ sakes. If I let it I will be offended in under 10 minutes watching world chat in any game I play and I imagine any one else will to about something! why report someone for something? It's just fucking stupid! if you continue to pay and play you must like the drama right? So why in the hell would anyone report someone? I just don't get it...really?
  • macwoodmacwood Member UncommonPosts: 134
    People need to stop being so oversenstive and learn to take a joke and bit of banter.

Fuck it! I'm going to fucking bed!

Originally posted by macwood
    People need to stop being so oversenstive and learn to take a joke and bit of banter.

Exactly! My wife fights with everyone and anything under the sun in AION and no one cares...

MMORPG will prob ban me too in a minute so really I'm going to bed now...

*sigh**

lmao

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

MMORPG will prob ban me too in a minute so really I'm going to bed now...

*sigh**

lmao

Yeah, hope they will indeed

• StammererStammerer Member Posts: 44

The problem with large parts of the internet and online games is that people use language and behaviour that they know would be unacceptable in the real world.  They use it with impunity because they are largely anonymous.  It has almost become the norm to see racist, mysogonistic, homophobic language on the web.

I fully support any firm that bans people for this behaviour.     

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KalSirian2KalSirian2 Member UncommonPosts: 42
    I have never reported anyone in any game ever no matter what idiots do. It's a fucking video game for Christ sakes. If I let it I will be offended in under 10 minutes watching world chat in any game I play and I imagine any one else will to about something! why report someone for something? It's just fucking stupid! if you continue to pay and play you must like the drama right? So why in the hell would anyone report someone? I just don't get it...really?

Well, imagine you're gay and you've been made fun of and pointed at and bullied, and now you play your game, enjoying yourself and escaping all this and you read in zone chat someone apparently being hateful against gays. Let's say you're emotional about the issue and you don't understand that he doesn't mean it. Maybe you'd react the same and report the guy. I'm just guessing here, i'm not gay, but it's probably what happened.

• lufiazlufiaz Member UncommonPosts: 122

Remind me of this: http://kotaku.com/league-of-legends-player-jailed-after-terrorist-threat-610691101

OP joke was stupid and it's hard to tell sarcasm from plain text. IMO, that 72 hours ban is just right. OP said something stupid or at least failed to convey his sarcasm and Zenimax didnt perma ban his account for that.

• ash667ash667 Member UncommonPosts: 28

Hi, I'm emotional master5000.

I'm here today because of your disconnection and delusion to reality and thus then god.

I do concur with one thing you've said that society is partially at fault for the inherent issues we see presenting in the psyche of man.

Mankind is caught in the cycle of fear, apathy and hatred. These human instincts drive hierarchical political systems and bureaucracies that most often limit the basic human right of the pursuit of happiness. A society whose foundation is fear, apathy and hatred sets up a system which fundamentally affects the happiness of the individual.

It represses individual development and maintains a cyclical behavioral pattern of superiority and inferiority and a class society founded on untrue ideals. ~Mark Zimmerman

I think this is a good quote to reflect on..

We are effectively destroying ourselves by violence masquerading as love.

There is a great deal of pain in life and perhaps the only pain that can be avoided is the pain that comes from trying to avoid pain. ~ R.D. Laing

Violence is not merely killing another. It is violence when we use a sharp word, when we make a gesture to brush away a person, when we obey because there is fear.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti

Also.

Each of us is something of a schizophrenic personality, tragically divided against ourselves. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr

I would propose your illusions and delusions are a product of fear, and on becoming aware, now we can advance in the logical and rational process of analyzing these fears you harbor to come to a process of absolution.

Our emotions, all emotions are a product of a belief, a mere idea we have formed on our journeys through life, so to come to absolution we must identify the belief or set of beliefs and ideas that lead us to this feeling of fear or hate or suffering.

Upon realizing of the very idea, the reason for its existence becomes apparent, reason being the foundation of our very purpose of being thus then coming full circle in our understanding of the nature of what it is to be man.

A habit is only a habit until we become aware of it. Then it merely becomes a choice.

If you allow these concepts n notions of fear and hate n darkness to control you then whom do you serve? Perhaps me?

Do I have the power to manipulate you into negativity? Am I your master?

The difference between a adept and a master in philosophy and here to for life, is the master has identified what is entertaining as opposed to what truly leads to inner growth.

We come to a awareness where all things become choices and options and we are not slaves to one dimensional forms of thinking. We find perhaps the 50 shades of grey and a silence and contentment here there in...

Or not who cares, maybe you like to fear and suffer... Isn't it entertaining...?

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571

As someone pointed out earlier, this is another case of Political Correctness gone wild. Personally I think it's all a bit overboard myself and I take the "sticks and stones" approach to this sort of thing.

Unfortunatley in today's PC world and the zero tolerence attitudes towards any sort of defamatory comments, be they about nationality, race, sexuality or whatever, you have to expect this sort of thing to happen. I'm not surprised someone decided to report you and that the result was a ban. This is the society we live in today.

I think the whole political correctness thing has gone a bit too far but reading your chat text I think you took it too far. It would have been easier to just ignore the comments and carry on playing and then you wouldn't have been banned. Like I said, a sticks and stones attitude. Why should what they were saying bother you at all? Just ignore it and get on with playing your own game.

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

Sad thing is, the people talking probably weren't gay at all, just saying it to garner attention from others. So not only did you get suspended for being an ass, you probably got suspended for being an ass to people who were most likely trying to provoke a response such as yours out of someone.

In other words, ya got trolled, son! Deal with it.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

you can joke with your friends all you want regarding offensive topics. But as soon as you bring the joke to the public, specially the internet, you are becoming part of the problem. I think the ban was well deserved.

As for the subscription charge before the due date. That does suck and they should not do that.

• hybris6hybris6 Member Posts: 14
    Well I'm not gay or have lost a kid so I thought it was kind of fun but I can see others that are gay or have lost a kid could be upset about it. If so and if they reported it I think you deserved the ban. Truth is most likely someone just wanted to grief you and sized the opportunity and in that case its just sad... I really dislike what I see in how the younger generation behaves on the net.. Spoiled little kids that take every chance to act rude or grief others since they think they are anonymous. Worst part is its them that will take care of us older gens...scary thought since those egoistic little punks are more prone to give us a lethal injection than to change a diaper when we go to the elder care :O
This discussion has been closed.