Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ive Played the Xbox 360 Beta..

Ive played the Xbox 360 beta and not much has changed. SquareEnix Should do these things to make the game more fun and appealing to new gamers:

1. Give Some sort of an indicator to show that an NPC has a quest (Kind of Like WoW with the ? Mark over the head of the quest giver)

2. This Game just needs more Quests for lower lvl's

3. Have some sort of Public Transportation for Free, instead of the Rediculous Airship (Which Costs alot of Gil to even get on)

4. Less Grinding for Lower lvl's is essential to keep Newer gamers to keep playing!

5. Add some Sort of System to Enable ppl to make guilds or clans (Makes it kind of like WoW, but look at the Success of WoW and the sheer amount of Guilds their Are)

(I have Also played the PC version, and i have played both extensively. The game just doesnt offer enough for new gamers, but overall the game is not that bad and has alot of potential.)

And if anyone has any Suggestions just shout it out!

Comments

• baldrianbaldrian Member Posts: 67

so you want to dumb it down? you wana make it so the OMFGWTFBBQ-Chuck Norris owns j00 ETARDS from WOW can PLAY THIS GAME!?

this whole thread needs to be nuked.

• SagerSager Member Posts: 20

Actually you wouldn't have those questions if you chose to do a little research on the game.  Unfortunately, this is not entirely your fault.  The quest's are a bit obscure at times, so you wouldn't know what to do or what your rewards will be. 

Luckily, many people have contributed tons of info on this game to make the rest of our lives easier.

Try these sites:

http://ffxi.somepage.com/

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/

http://mysterytour.web.infoseek.co.jp/ffxi/us/index.html

http://www.koolaid-ffxi.org/linkshell/space/snipsnap-index

This game requires alot of research if you really want to get the most out of this game.  There is so much things going on that it takes awhile to take it all in. 

Good Luck

• thelawoflogicthelawoflogic Member UncommonPosts: 788
    airship pass only cost 200 gill chcocbo's can be way over prize tho i wish they give exp for quest tho xbox 3600 bring out the graphics in the game alot in my op
  • NeptusNeptus Member UncommonPosts: 988

Like WoW
    Like WoW
    Like WoW

Enough!
    People play WoW because it's easy.

Not saying it isn't fun. The game is really fun. So is FFXI, Eve, Guild Wars, and all the other games in the running.

WoW is NOT the perfect MMO. WoW should not be looked at like a symbol for developers to reach.

Neptus - FFXI - Pandemonium
    Neptus - WoW - Detheroc

• animebloodanimeblood Member Posts: 6

I agree there could be a few improvements.

1. Use the Xbox Live Wrapper as opposed to the PlayONLINE to make installation easier
    2. Improve the graphics so it feels next-gen
    3. Less Grind
    4. Improved Music Quality

• YeeboYeebo Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

They can't make any major changes to the game and keep it on the game and keep it on the same servers as the PS2 and PC versions. Unless one of the classes coming in the expanion turns out to be a solo powerhouse (and I'v read nothing that indicates that is so) the game will not become newbie or solo freindly any time soon, imo. Ther are other MMOs coming to the 360 that may be more the speed of the OP (look up Huxley for example).

I personally am glad that FFXI is such a hardcore forced grouping PvE grindfest. I personally would rather have organs removed with a rusty spoon than play something along those lines, but it adds diversity to the MMORPG market. It would be silly to turn FFXI into a WoW clone. If you want WoW, play WoW....

In any case, FFXI has a pretty loyal fanbase. It's one of the more succesfull MMORPGs on the market (4th or 5th in overall subs?), I don't think Square/ Enix will be in any great rush to dumb it down.

I don't want to write this, and you don't want to read it. But now it's too late for both of us.

• SlntasnSlntasn Member Posts: 711

Originally posted by MasterchiefM
    Ive played the Xbox 360 beta and not much has changed. SquareEnix Should do these things to make the game more fun and appealing to new gamers:1. Give Some sort of an indicator to show that an NPC has a quest (Kind of Like WoW with the ? Mark over the head of the quest giver)2. This Game just needs more Quests for lower lvl's3. Have some sort of Public Transportation for Free, instead of the Rediculous Airship (Which Costs alot of Gil to even get on)4. Less Grinding for Lower lvl's is essential to keep Newer gamers to keep playing!5. Add some Sort of System to Enable ppl to make guilds or clans (Makes it kind of like WoW, but look at the Success of WoW and the sheer amount of Guilds their Are)(I have Also played the PC version, and i have played both extensively. The game just doesnt offer enough for new gamers, but overall the game is not that bad and has alot of potential.)And if anyone has any Suggestions just shout it out!

lol, how do you figure that adding guilds will make it like WoW? Id say it would make it more of a MMORPG...