Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Full looting is a good idea!

SlickinfinitSlickinfinit Member UncommonPosts: 1,094
Its non-carebear so I love it! If this game had perma-death it would be #1 already!

{(RIP)} SWG

Comments

• BACONXBACONX Member UncommonPosts: 253
    Yea!  What happened to permadeath?  That would be a novel aspect of any game.  Make your character expendable thus increasing the challenge and improving the adventure!  image
  • MMO_MunkMMO_Munk Member Posts: 299

fact is perma death is not in the game simply because that kills off a game.... I mean say you owrked long and hard for months and months, your friend, brother sister, moves you soemwhere around the world not knowing what they are doing...... and you die.

Wow still sound like fun?

I think not.

Thats why they dont implement it into MMOS anymore. Way to much to loose. Including subscriptions, cause i would so cancel my account if i lost a char i had for 2 years cause i died one time.

• CaedesAstrumCaedesAstrum Member Posts: 83

carebear, even permadeath is carebear, i think you should begin starving if you dont log in every 6-8 hours to give your character food and water, and that you should catch diseases if you dont spend the proper amount of time boiling water or preparing food, and that you should have a chance of tripping and falling when you are running and breaking your arm and having gangrene set in and if you dont amputate you die, and if you do you are stuck with one arm forever hahahahaha

im just playing, and im not here to ruin your forums, i just get tired of the same old carebear/pvp arguments floating around, i was a veteran of uo, right after release to all the way up till the split, and i miss that game more than anything, no one has captured the feel of that game and i dont think anyone ever will again

• ArremusArremus Member Posts: 656

Originally posted by CaedesAstrum
    and having gangrene set in and if you dont amputate you die, and if you do you are stuck with one arm forever hahahahaha

Oh yeah! Now THAT sounds cool! ::::01::

Thing is though, with this game, we all know there's no loot drops off roaming epic mobs.. we fight with whatever tools we can knock up... I just don't think the 'loot everything' deal is going to be so huge..

Chances are you'll come across some prissy little Roman, lop off his head, and he'll have a rusty sword and a pile of wood he's been out to gather or something.
    I honestly don't see it having such a huge impact on the game. If we get killed and looted, we'll just go back to the Tribe Hall or whatever and grab a new weapon off the communal rack or such.
    And if you happen to be wandering the outback with 5000g (can't remember the currency) in your bag, well.. you deserve to lose it. ::::34::

But yeah, it does add a nice touch. And hopefully this will get to being as real as possible. Well why the **** not. With so many other-reality games, it'd be nice to play something seriously realistic.

"(The) Iraqi people owe the American people a huge debt of gratitude." - George W Bush.
    Oh. My. God.