Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift Community

Ianb4allIanb4all Member UncommonPosts: 77

This game after getting two characters -one ot lvl 60 and the other to lvl 52 - I have to say has the WORST community I have EVER experienced in my very long gaming career....There are sooo many Elitist players in this game it has permanently turned me off playing this game... I have never experienced anything as bad as this in any other mmo and I have played so many of them.

Not to mention the Russians on the servers..... they are a nightmare- I have no idea why trion thought it was a good idea to put them on the same server!!

There is a REASON why every other mmo has given them their own servers!

In my advice- best spend your money on something else if you want a better experience- yeah its f2p but majority of raiding guilds wont take you unless you own the soul packages to be competitive with the rest of their dps and such!!

It can end up costing you far more then most other mmo's to play!

Stay away from this..... its not worth the hassle unless you play it on the off day casually and dont mind elitist jerks!

Comments

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Nah, I am on Faeblight and it is nothing like what you just described.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Originally posted by Ianb4all

This game after getting two characters -one ot lvl 60 and the other to lvl 52 - I have to say has the WORST community I have EVER experienced in my very long gaming career....There are sooo many Elitist players in this game it has permanently turned me off playing this game... I have never experienced anything as bad as this in any other mmo and I have played so many of them.

Not to mention the Russians on the servers..... they are a nightmare- I have no idea why trion thought it was a good idea to put them on the same server!!

There is a REASON why every other mmo has given them their own servers!

In my advice- best spend your money on something else if you want a better experience- yeah its f2p but majority of raiding guilds wont take you unless you own the soul packages to be competitive with the rest of their dps and such!!

It can end up costing you far more then most other mmo's to play!

Stay away from this..... its not worth the hassle unless you play it on the off day casually and dont mind elitist jerks!

I find many elitist in many mmo not only in rift, alot the time is the players that was the sub base that I found then the new players, but for me I try to help any new player ask question in rift and many other do as well, there are many bad apple's just need to avoid them.

For raiding, that not true, there many guilds taking people with out the soul packages, if your trying to hit T3, when you just hit 60 then yes there competitive guilds, and top guild all ways want the best of there players, if was not a free to play game, if was sub game, still have to work hard to get the point for raiding for higher end guild, there not going take any new players that hit 60.

But my time and money spend well on rift, I would tell people don't stay away from rift with out getting to 60 see it your self. That be any mmo, not only rift.

If people want to raid in rift, they going have to do alot work on hand, learn the dungeons, then find a guild thats starting to do T1 work your way up, I know 3.0 is soon, but learning how the game works it's best for people to do the raid content in 3.0.

• TolmosTolmos Member UncommonPosts: 141

I kind of suspected this was the case now....

I played from headstart until the new expansion came out. I took quite the hiatus, finally returning 2 days ago. Back then, Faeblight server was a great place with a friendly community; easily one of the best I had seen.

Now? One of the first things I saw was someone joking about raping babies. No lie. And of course, the conversation continued to go downhill from there.

Normally I love Free to Play, but man... it has done a number to this game. :(

• BulldozeBulldoze Member UncommonPosts: 115

These "STAY AWAY" threads are so pointless and annoying.

Why don't you put some effort into looking for a guild that fits you socially instead of raving on here

Also it's free to transfer shard to just move if it's THAT bad..

Assholes are in every game ever, just deal with it and find a group of people to play with that aren't

I am the Arch-fiend, the Despoiler of Worlds, and by my hands shall the false Emperor fall.

• Gheonea777Gheonea777 Member Posts: 6

hi is the RIFT explorer's pack promotion code still working i hit the link and no code apears

Please let me know if it's still works THANKS

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by Bulldoze

These "STAY AWAY" threads are so pointless and annoying.

Why don't you put some effort into looking for a guild that fits you socially instead of raving on here

Also it's free to transfer shard to just move if it's THAT bad..

Assholes are in every game ever, just deal with it and find a group of people to play with that aren't

Best advice given in the thread. The problem isn't Rift, it's you.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• Gheonea777Gheonea777 Member Posts: 6

Hi is the RIFT explorer's pack code still available i hit link and nothing happens PLEASE HELP THANKS!!