Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A few questions...

1. What is the population like for this game?
  2. Any crafting? Mines?

Comments

• TallynTallyn Member UncommonPosts: 217

I've only been playing for about a week now as an Ignis on Haven, since I randomly stumbled upon it on Steam, so I'll answer your questions from a noobs point of view.

1. While not in great abundance, there are enough players running around to make the game still feel like an MMO. I always see about half a dozen or so players in towns hanging out and probably the same amount fighting and questing in the areas around the towns during the time I play.

The clan that I'm part of always has about 10 players on, the majority of which are usually engaged in RvR where I imagine much of the population in the game is.

Faction chat is global and always active no matter what day of the week or time of day, although usually filled with the higher levels discussing battle plans and the like.

TLDR: Population is small in the leveling up areas and probably considerably larger in the realm vs realm areas judging by faction chat. Either way, not a lot, but just enough.

2. I believe that there is crafting, as someone linked me a crafted bow at some point. I don't think that the crafting system is terribly engaging however. The exact details of crafting are unknown to me, as when I started to get interested in it I was told by multiple players to ignore crafting until the higher levels.

There are mineral deposits scattered around the world that just require any player to go click on them. You either get rocks or Magnanite which I believe is the major crafting resource. There are many locations that LOOK like they were supposed to be mines/dungeons or WILL BE mines/dungeons in the future. As of now I know of none that are accessible.

TLDR: Yes there is crafting and it is useful at higher levels, although it probably is not very engaging or exciting. There is "mining" but no mines... yet.

The devs have been posting more lately and I know that they are working on an instances patch. I'm really hoping that if this new patch ever gets released that it will include some more crafting oriented gameplay in the game.

I also want to note that the community in-game is incredibly helpful and nice... at least the ones on my side of the battlefield. =P

Hope that helped ya some bit.

• ringdanyringdany Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by tfxtfx
    1. What is the population like for this game?
    2. Any crafting? Mines?

hi tfx.

tallyn is bascially correct. my experience as follows :-

1) the most popular spanish server reportedly has up to 1,000 players on at a time. the largest international english server Haven has a lesser number maybe half or less i think. but like what tallyn indicated, its certainly enough to have regular 20vs20+ and sometimes 20vs20vs20+ fights, usually every 15-20 minutes. In between tha times there's PK hunting and PK raiding going on. 

2) Generally, there is very little crafting. The only crafting you get is a) some weapons have magic gem slot which u can slot magic gems into to boost damage etc and b) there is a quest where you have to collect 500 magnanite to make a magnanite weapon, which is a really nice and powerful weapon. But collecting magnanite takes ages (u might find 2 a day) and most players take this as multiyear quest. Magnanite is so valuable, it is in fact a second ingame currency of its own. Magic gems come from monster drops.

feel free to ask further questions!

• TallynTallyn Member UncommonPosts: 217

Originally posted by ringdany
    Originally posted by tfxtfx [*] What is the population like for this game? Any crafting? Mines?
    hi tfx.

tallyn is bascially correct. my experience as follows :-

1) the most popular spanish server reportedly has up to 1,000 players on at a time. the largest international english server Haven has a lesser number maybe half or less i think. but like what tallyn indicated, its certainly enough to have regular 20vs20+ and sometimes 20vs20vs20+ fights, usually every 15-20 minutes. In between tha times there's PK hunting and PK raiding going on. 

2) Generally, there is very little crafting. The only crafting you get is a) some weapons have magic gem slot which u can slot magic gems into to boost damage etc and b) there is a quest where you have to collect 500 magnanite to make a magnanite weapon, which is a really nice and powerful weapon. But collecting magnanite takes ages (u might find 2 a day) and most players take this as multiyear quest. Magnanite is so valuable, it is in fact a second ingame currency of its own. Magic gems come from monster drops.

feel free to ask further questions!

Nice, that answered some of my own questions! Thanks ringdany. =)

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    How is the leveling up part in PvP?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• ringdanyringdany Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    How is the leveling up part in PvP?

hi mmoexposed!

um yes you get xp for killing other players. each player kill can give up to 4 to 10x more xp than a usual monster kill.

but its quite hard to level up just doing player kills because its quite hard to kill a player (compared to a monster).

hope that answered your question.. ! um.. typically, high level players can and do getkilled by lower level players fairly regularly. partly because one is more skilled, or maybe more opportunistic. i love this game, you can make you own games out of it and not get worried or distracted by other stuff. its all just fun rvr pvp.