Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avoid spending real money on the game

2»

Comments

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Originally posted by allday88
    Correcting false information?  Where was that exactly?  I mean if we are going to talk about false information we can just look at every single post you are spamming on SWTOR.  So what is the deal with you two?  Are you mad SWTOR is still around?  FFXIV is doing fine why not waste your time over there talking about something you enjoy?       So the only one who needs to walk away is the two who continue to bash a video game they dont play.  Enjoy FF its a decent game, leave topics you have no clue about to those that do.  
      UUmmmmmm no. I play SWTOR so this pertains to me not you. He was correcting false info on FF XIV ARR that others were lying about, example read the latest patch notes. He came here to put in his opinion and you flamed him to death for having an opinion on one game and helping correct another. Please stop flaming. On topic: It seem's it would be better to just sub like I do. The shop is a rip off really. EDIT: Correcting/Informing same thing.
    Ok I would like to ask you a question?  You say you "sub" to swtor right?  You are aware you sig is your raptr profile right?  So you sub to swtor and have a total of 24hrs playing it?  Is that correct?  

For some reason RAPTR wont track my SWTOR among other games as well. Not my fault RAPTR is the way it is. It is a common problem. Go to RAPTR and see for yourself.

Originally posted by Allacore69   Originally posted by allday88
    Correcting false information?  Where was that exactly?  I mean if we are going to talk about false information we can just look at every single post you are spamming on SWTOR.  So what is the deal with you two?  Are you mad SWTOR is still around?  FFXIV is doing fine why not waste your time over there talking about something you enjoy?       So the only one who needs to walk away is the two who continue to bash a video game they dont play.  Enjoy FF its a decent game, leave topics you have no clue about to those that do.  
      UUmmmmmm no. I play SWTOR so this pertains to me not you. He was correcting false info on FF XIV ARR that others were lying about, example read the latest patch notes. He came here to put in his opinion and you flamed him to death for having an opinion on one game and helping correct another. Please stop flaming. On topic: It seem's it would be better to just sub like I do. The shop is a rip off really. EDIT: Correcting/Informing same thing.
    Ok I would like to ask you a question?  You say you "sub" to swtor right?  You are aware you sig is your raptr profile right?  So you sub to swtor and have a total of 24hrs playing it?  Is that correct?  
      For some reason RAPTR wont track my SWTOR among other games as well. Not my fault RAPTR is the way it is. It is a common problem. Go to RAPTR and see for yourself.
    You dont have to get all defensive i was just asking the question.  I also use raptr dont have an issue and just went through the activities feed for SWTOR and looks like everyone else is tracking must be an issue on your end... 

It is. Same with ESO. Also I rarely run RAPTR.

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

Correcting false information?  Where was that exactly?  I mean if we are going to talk about false information we can just look at every single post you are spamming on SWTOR.  So what is the deal with you two?  Are you mad SWTOR is still around?  FFXIV is doing fine why not waste your time over there talking about something you enjoy?  

So the only one who needs to walk away is the two who continue to bash a video game they dont play.  Enjoy FF its a decent game, leave topics you have no clue about to those that do.  

UUmmmmmm no. I play SWTOR so this pertains to me not you. He was correcting false info on FF XIV ARR that others were lying about, example read the latest patch notes. He came here to put in his opinion and you flamed him to death for having an opinion on one game and helping correct another. Please stop flaming.

On topic:

It seem's it would be better to just sub like I do. The shop is a rip off really.

EDIT: Correcting/Informing same thing.

If he didn't have RAPTR open it wouldn't track his time played.  RAPTR is not an indication of anything.

Steam: Neph

Originally posted by threefeet

Originally posted by Nephaerius

If he didn't have RAPTR open it wouldn't track his time played.  RAPTR is not an indication of anything.

WRONG. EA and ALL studios have their own internal tracking for every player, they know exactly when someone played what, who bought and sold what, when it was bought and sold, where it went etc. having the best defense against gaming the system keeps them in business. besides, what the players have to work with is a far cry from the internal workings of a big studio like these guys.

So I can call EA and get my time played and go to RAPTR and open up/hack their system and "FIX" my game time so it shows on RAPTR so I can have it in my sig to prove to people that I play?

Dude you commented to something you have no idea. This is gold.

EDIT: for future reference, READ BEFORE YOU COMMENT.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by Nephaerius

Correcting false information?  Where was that exactly?  I mean if we are going to talk about false information we can just look at every single post you are spamming on SWTOR.  So what is the deal with you two?  Are you mad SWTOR is still around?  FFXIV is doing fine why not waste your time over there talking about something you enjoy?  

So the only one who needs to walk away is the two who continue to bash a video game they dont play.  Enjoy FF its a decent game, leave topics you have no clue about to those that do.  

UUmmmmmm no. I play SWTOR so this pertains to me not you. He was correcting false info on FF XIV ARR that others were lying about, example read the latest patch notes. He came here to put in his opinion and you flamed him to death for having an opinion on one game and helping correct another. Please stop flaming.

On topic:

It seem's it would be better to just sub like I do. The shop is a rip off really.

EDIT: Correcting/Informing same thing.

WRONG. EA and ALL studios have their own internal tracking for every player, they know exactly when someone played what, who bought and sold what, when it was bought and sold, where it went etc. having the best defense against gaming the system keeps them in business. besides, what the players have to work with is a far cry from the internal workings of a big studio like these guys.

Wait. What? You just made my brain hurt. I don't even....What?

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Aeonblades

Are you new to MMOs?  Par for the course for EA?  Its PAR for course for almost ALL MMOs.  I understand some of you have run out of things to bash a game you dont play and are resorting to ridiculous claims and acting like its only swtor.  But to act like SWTOR is the only game that deletes items in mail is about as ridiculous as it comes.  

The difference is Trion, Turbine, and SoE have all refunded items that I lost in my in game mail before. EA refusing to do that is the example given that they are a lone warrior raging a fight against their own players, when the fix is as simple as restoring his lost/stolen items.

Your response is highly over the top, so you got lucky with other companies. SOE gave people the same response many times when items in swg housing would vanish during pack up, "sorry nothing we can do".

Waging a war on their customers? I mean really? IT's not a lost item it was purposefully deleted as per their policy. I mean how far can you reach to paint them as something more than following protocol? Sure it sucks for the op, but life goes on, you're making this out to be far more than it is.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

[/quote]Wait. What? You just made my brain hurt. I don't even....What?[/b][/quote]

I was scratching my nogin at this too. LMAO. Just made no sense. LMAO

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by Distopia

Are you new to MMOs?  Par for the course for EA?  Its PAR for course for almost ALL MMOs.  I understand some of you have run out of things to bash a game you dont play and are resorting to ridiculous claims and acting like its only swtor.  But to act like SWTOR is the only game that deletes items in mail is about as ridiculous as it comes.  

The difference is Trion, Turbine, and SoE have all refunded items that I lost in my in game mail before. EA refusing to do that is the example given that they are a lone warrior raging a fight against their own players, when the fix is as simple as restoring his lost/stolen items.

Your response is highly over the top, so you got lucky with other companies. SOE gave people the same response many times when items in swg housing would vanish during pack up, "sorry nothing we can do".

Waging a war on their customers? I mean really? IT's not a lost item it was purposefully deleted as per their policy. I mean how far can you reach to paint them as something more than following protocol? Sure it sucks for the op, but life goes on, you're making this out to be far more than it is.

A fair point but as I said, what do they have to gain by not returning his items, especially if he bought them with real cash out of the game store? Bad PR? Wouldn't it simply be easier to return the items to him rather than having....this thread... happen? I agree it's not as big of a deal as maybe I, or this thread leads it to believe. But if they truly didn't refund something he spent his hard earned money on, how many other people are they doing this to?

EDIT: Small correction I mistakenly said Turbine when I meant ANet. Not sure where my brain was at and didn't catch it until I reread your quote.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    they need protocols in place to avoid people just deleting  stuff out their inventory only to have them reclaim it later when they emptied it from their farming ventures... abuse is quite common in mmo's these days incase anyone missed that.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• cerulean2012cerulean2012 Member UncommonPosts: 492

OP, first off sorry about whatever it was that put you in the hospital, glad you seem better.

Now as far as the item goes do what quite a few have suggested, CALL customer support, talk to them calmly, they are more likely to help if you are calm.  Explain what happened and ask if you could please have your item back.  Get an email or regular address from them you can send in a written request if needed.

By being nice and calm you stand a better chance that they might help you out.  If in the end you are still out of your item well try to remember that it is only a game, it is not real life (real life was what put you in the hospital).  Be thankful that you are better and  move on.

It is not worth being so upset over that it could cause you to get sick and back in the hospital again.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Distopia

A fair point but as I said, what do they have to gain by not returning his items, especially if he bought them with real cash out of the game store? Bad PR? Wouldn't it simply be easier to return the items to him rather than having....this thread... happen? I agree it's not as big of a deal as maybe I, or this thread leads it to believe. But if they truly didn't refund something he spent his hard earned money on, how many other people are they doing this to?

EDIT: Small correction I mistakenly said Turbine when I meant ANet. Not sure where my brain was at and didn't catch it until I reread your quote.

I'd like to see them return the items, or refund the money as well. Yet at the same time, I wouldn't exactly expect them to. IF he talked to the right CS employee they might, then again they might not. Really depends on how their policy works. As well as what grounds they'd actually do that. That PR can work both ways though, so say instead of him not getting his items and posting about it, and instead the OP posted a TY that he got them back, that sets a precedent that everyone feels they should get something back as well. Which PR supports said policy in the end?

I get that this is unexpected circumstance, and had he been home it wouldn't have happened. Yet, again if you give one special treatment everyone expects that same treatment.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

Only for a certain period of time. A GM told me that for WoW they keep old data six months, and if it's longer than that their policy  forbids them from doing a restore (as they don't have any evidence that you're not bullshitting them to get free items).

If you leave something in your mail, and then don't play for half a year don't expect a restore from Blizzard. NCSoft has a similar policy, so I'm not surprised Bioware has it too.

Though one or two months IS really shabby...

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

Only for a certain period of time. A GM told me that for WoW they keep old data six months, and if it's longer than that their policy  forbids them from doing a restore (as they don't have any evidence that you're not bullshitting them to get free items).

If you leave something in your mail, and then don't play for half a year don't expect a restore from Blizzard. NCSoft has a similar policy, so I'm not surprised Bioware has it too.

Though one or two months IS really shabby...

i'm pretty sure things like this can be sorted out but then they'd most like need a proof of purchase and a valid ID.

just as OP cant be blamed for being hospitalized they cant be blamed for something they know nothing of. business is business after all.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by jircris

If you are going to get a sub and play that is fine, my warning are for those who buy CC to sell the items on the GTM. I had quite a few rare items (watchmen meditation chair (mount) ) to name one of them. I had it up for sale but a few days after i fell ill and was hospitalized for a month and three weeks. Upon returning i did not have any credits for my sales nor the items. I submitted a ticket explaining the issue and got a response.

" The system is working as intended and deletes mail after 30 days of its send date" was their response to me. So basically due to something out of my control i lost my items and support could give to shits about it. I use to enjoy this game played it since launch but the CS team for in-game at least has gone down hill to the point 9/10 times its a generic reply. If you have fun on swtor that's great. just giving a warning to those who sell items...they will vanish after 30 days of not being picked up  from the mail box.

So, where is the problem? This is something virtually ANY game have and you KNOW it.

But .... i strongly agree with you that is silly. Why the hell would ingame mail with items or money have some expire time??? If bank storage and alike does not have time or bags ... why ingame mail that is also kind of storage and no problem to keep.

That is silly, but not only for SWTOR. For this reason i replyed because you made it sound like SWTOR specific problem.

• MalviousMalvious Member UncommonPosts: 218
    just a case of l2mmorpg

Fine, we'll compromise. I'll get my way & you'll find a way to be okay with that.