Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Modern MMO's with least amount of soloing.

tommygunzIItommygunzII Member Posts: 321

I thrive on teamwork and I'm hoping there is a game out there for me. Played FFXIV for a while and may have to go back unless I can't find another team based game.

My favorite is FFXI and I would rather wait and party than solo grind, to give a broad description. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Comments

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Would have to be Wildstar for sure.

What? I got a trial key from someone to have a go at it, and before endgame there is no group content outside those world bosses. I soloed everything, hell I even soloed some of the group dungeons they were so easy.

That is the worst suggestion for group gameplay I can imagine for current mmos. You sir should be ashamed of yourself for suggesting it.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Originally posted by Kazuhiro

What? I got a trial key from someone to have a go at it, and before endgame there is no group content outside those world bosses. I soloed everything, hell I even soloed some of the group dungeons they were so easy.

That is the worst suggestion for group gameplay I can imagine for current mmos. You sir should be ashamed of yourself for suggesting it.

Trial accounts are limited to level 20, which means you experienced very little of the game. Most people seem to be saying that the dungeons are quite difficult, with some people even calling for nerfs already.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by tommygunzII

I thrive on teamwork and I'm hoping there is a game out there for me. Played FFXIV for a while and may have to go back unless I can't find another team based game.

My favorite is FFXI and I would rather wait and party than solo grind, to give a broad description. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I'm not sure what you're looking for...

Can't you party up and do group content from the start all the way to the end game on pretty much every MMO these days? (Thanks to things like the groupfinder and such)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• xeniarxeniar Member UncommonPosts: 805
    Originally posted by Forgrimm

Trial accounts are limited to level 20, which means you experienced very little of the game. Most people seem to be saying that the dungeons are quite difficult, with some people even calling for nerfs already.

Thats because people are mashing there heads on their keyboards screaming fun fun fun.

The entire reason hey cannot cooperate and work as a team to do group content (dungeons) Difficult my ass.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Any modern MMO and can be solo'd to max level as far as I know.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

all modern mmo's are solo centric  & asocial games

They are just SP games with MP , not real mmo's

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    Originally posted by Agent_Joseph

all modern mmo's are solo centric  & asocial games

They are just SP games with MP , not real mmo's

Sadly, I have to agree with this. I am one of those fossils that loved forced grouping, where you needed other players to really advance. I don't think this exists anymore in modern MMORPGs. There may be some games I missed? Even Everquest and Everquest 2 have added mercenaries...

It seems like MMORPGs are starting to look back at older mechanics though. Hell, all games seem to be looking backwards these days. This is a great year if you like Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale games. For now, it seems we are just going to have to wait and see what comes next.

• tommygunzIItommygunzII Member Posts: 321
    Yea I didn't think so but figured I'd ask since there are so many, one person couldn't possibly try them all. Hoping there might be a low quality hidden jewel somewhere out there. The hunt for this hidden gem is turning into a grind in itself.
  • TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199

Vanguard for PvE.

Darkfall and Eve for sandbox.

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Originally posted by Tibernicuspa

Vanguard for PvE.

Darkfall and Eve for sandbox.

Vanguard is shutting down, this month I believe.

• SoandsosoSoandsoso Member Posts: 533
    Originally posted by Aeonblades

You could level to max solo in EQ back in the day, it just took longer.

• Tenk575Tenk575 Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Originally posted by Soandsoso
    Originally posted by Aeonblades

You could level to max solo in EQ back in the day, it just took longer.

lol yeah have fun with that

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    Originally posted by tommygunzII

Going to have to go OLD school on you:

1.  Dark Age of Camelot

2.  Shadowbane

3. EQ

Soloing is possible in both...but it's horrible inefficient.  Whereas, all the nonsense so called mmo's are nothing more than glorified chat rooms while you solo quest yourself into mind numbing boredom.  ESO is a great example of this craptastic viewpoint on what a game should be like.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

If that is what he thought would be a good choice then there is no shame in it at all. /shrug

I was playing today and someone asked what zone was easier because he couldn't do a lot of the content on his own. Personally I haven't had any problems with the game going solo, but there are areas I just have worked around. Some people seem to have ocd when it comes to completing areas. :)

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• KratierKratier Member RarePosts: 626

making it mandatory to have more than one person does not mean it is automatically more difficult

• AlkavenAlkaven Member Posts: 25

To the OP:  You're not the only one looking for a group-focused MMO.

The closest I found was Wizardry Online, but SOE is shutting it down.  It got terrible support and a very small community, so you can sort of get the idea of why group-focused MMO's are phased out.  The masses don't want to wait around for a group or search for a good social community to static with.  They want to get to level 50 (the endgame) as fast as possible, and then PvP or Raid.

People ARE getting bored of that, but most of them don't want to go back to grinding either.  Now as we can see with Archeage and EQ Next, companies are trying to build "sandbox" MMO's.  Which is ironic, considering that most people hated the tedium of "grinding", and now it's the same thing!  Except instead of killing monsters or completing quests, they're farming crops and growing trees.  Wooooo!  (How the hell did that ever become more exciting than killing monsters???)

So sadly, I've got nothing to offer other than that rant.  :  I have basically been in limbo since FFXI died to Abyssea.  There's just nothing out there that compares.

• Iceman8235Iceman8235 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Originally posted by Alkaven

To the OP:  You're not the only one looking for a group-focused MMO.

The closest I found was Wizardry Online, but SOE is shutting it down.  It got terrible support and a very small community, so you can sort of get the idea of why group-focused MMO's are phased out.  The masses don't want to wait around for a group or search for a good social community to static with.  They want to get to level 50 (the endgame) as fast as possible, and then PvP or Raid.

People ARE getting bored of that, but most of them don't want to go back to grinding either.  Now as we can see with Archeage and EQ Next, companies are trying to build "sandbox" MMO's.  Which is ironic, considering that most people hated the tedium of "grinding", and now it's the same thing!  Except instead of killing monsters or completing quests, they're farming crops and growing trees.  Wooooo!  (How the hell did that ever become more exciting than killing monsters???)

So sadly, I've got nothing to offer other than that rant.  :  I have basically been in limbo since FFXI died to Abyssea.  There's just nothing out there that compares.

I've been in the same boat.  I'll probably end up crawling back to WoW for the expansion for lack of other games out right now.  I didn't get into Archeage and there isn't anything else coming out any time soon.

• kinartkinart Member UncommonPosts: 127

It seems there's a lot of people coming around here, LFGame forum i mean, just to fight, not to help others find their game.

I mean what was that about "Shadowbane"? This game's gone for 5 years now. The guy is asking for a game to play now, not in the past through a time-machine. Get real!

Then the other trend around here is suggesting EvE online, no matter what the OP asks for, like it's the answer to everything.

• halldorrhalldorr Member UncommonPosts: 105
    I was actually coming here to post a new thread looking for a game with a lot of grouping and saw this thread. I can solo all day long but I really want to be part of a team or a group. A game where you have to help friends is what I'm looking for. While I enjoy my solo time when I want it, I really miss the social aspect of MMOs lately.
  • LudwikLudwik Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Kinart,

This genre only offers two games, WoW and Eve. If he don't like WoW, there's only one other choice.
  • MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643

WoW is not a group game. It is solo. Same with EVE.

FFXI was the only group MMORPG left, until SE decided to ruin it.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Mkilbride
    WoW is not a group game. It is solo. Same with EVE. FFXI was the only group MMORPG left, until SE decided to ruin it.

Eve is a solo game? lol righto.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643
    Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by Mkilbride
    WoW is not a group game. It is solo. Same with EVE.

FFXI was the only group MMORPG left, until SE decided to ruin it.

Eve is a solo game? lol righto.

Guess you've never played and just watch those YouTube videos with a few thousand people.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained