Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Firefall - One of the Worst MMO's I have played.

124»

Comments

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

while i can certainly see the limits of this game, im currently having a pretty good time playing.

there are days when all i want is a run'n'gun, but this adds harvesting and crafting into the mix.

that part of the worlds which is currently available is open.

and after all its just beta.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by chelan

he last 'it's just beta' mmos didnt go so well.

perhaps. but my point is primarily that i dont hold high expectations in a beta...even if it is lasting for quite some time.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• awayawaysawayaways Member Posts: 18
    it's not what I meant.

when it hits beta, it's at the "we think it's ready. can you find any unexpected problems??" stage.

beta is the stage where a believed to be release-ready product is going through its final checks.

so gameplay won't change between now and release. only bugs will get fixed.

You are letting the standard definition of a beta test be the basis for your statement. Forget, for just one moment, what a beta test means. Now look at what this company has done. Since the start of closed beta the gameplay has changed drastically. For better and worse the game has gone through many changes, sometimes even complete overhauls. 

When I first played this game I was not so fond of it but now I'm enjoying my time with it. My opinion of the game didn't change simply due to bug fixes. Criticize them for their use of the word but it is obvious their idea of a beta is not in the traditional sense. 

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466
    Originally posted by hfztt

OP - One of the Worst Post's I ever read

Terrible custimization? The game has one of the most diverse crafting systems I have ever seen. You can make truely unique items.

Figured out the only content is 2 public quests and resource calldown crap... You figured wrong. Add to this that invasions happen a dynamic way and you can end up in scenarios the devs never dreamed of.

but judging from the PVE and the way the game plays in general..I'm sure I missed nothing Eh, the game already have one of the most poslished control schemes i have ever seen in a fsp, and it playes really well. PvP is entertaining and fun. TO bad you did not get a match.

TBH, I think you had made your mind up before playing, which is ok, just dont go drag a beta through the mud just be course it di not fit you.

I think customization and crafting are 2 different things.

• megaderpmegaderp Member Posts: 3
    I do actually feel that firefall is a horrible game currently. The crafting system can be nice but the game is just so shitty that it's not worth it. Also Firefall support is FUCKING HORRIBLE. 
  • HothloveHothlove Member UncommonPosts: 126

I played it today. It was extremely irritating to play the game. The voice acting is annoying and enemies move faster than yourself making it hard to hit them. Also there is no headshooting . I often could empty nearly a clip on their heads and they idnt seem to take more dmg here. Also the sniper rifle isnt really much of a sniper rifle it doesnt do alot of dmg and the scope is just like aiming with the other gun but with other graphics.

I did the puplic quest and at a time I had to collect repair parts. And every time I came nearer the marker, it vanished and some other marker came up for the delivery point.

Also performance wise it ran worse than Warframe and that game looks alot better and I have had no hiccups in Warframe like in Firefall.

Firefall.. What style is that? It's like cell shaded mobs and characters with 3d environment. But it wasn't all bad but Im not gonna play it. Too many good games out there now. And soon planetside will come to playstation 4 and there will be even more players there.

• HothloveHothlove Member UncommonPosts: 126
    Oh and one more thing.. The game has been in beta for 2 friggen years now I havent heard anything like this before.
  • EtheomEtheom Member UncommonPosts: 64

he last 'it's just beta' mmos didnt go so well.

perhaps. but my point is primarily that i dont hold high expectations in a beta...even if it is lasting for quite some time.

it's not what I meant.

when it hits beta, it's at the "we think it's ready. can you find any unexpected problems??" stage.

beta is the stage where a believed to be release-ready product is going through its final checks.

so gameplay won't change between now and release. only bugs will get fixed.

Perhaps you have not been following Red5's developments?

The main focus has been squashing bugs, and now the main focus is adding content depth. The core content is there and completely functional, and the next big thing is open world PvP. More PvE content will come over time, like all MMO's.

• revix013revix013 Member UncommonPosts: 10

The core content is not there and completely functional , and the next big thing is not open world PVP.

They are re-designing the progression system , resource system and crafting system .  Again .

Its like a tradition at RED5 , complete re-design every few months . I think this is the 5th time they changed these systems.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    Originally posted by Hothlove
    Oh and one more thing.. The game has been in beta for 2 friggen years now I havent heard anything like this before.

If you're including closed beta it's more like 6 or 7

• LeGrosGamerV2LeGrosGamerV2 Member Posts: 90
    With Steam's summer deal bash going on at this very moment, you'll find out that the MMO universe will lose a few players for now, bought 29 games and still haven't hit the 100$ marker.   So yeah, have fun on those MMO's that end up being the same thing over and over again for the past 6-7 years. :D
  • LudwikLudwik Member UncommonPosts: 407
    WoW I picked up 14 myself and thought that was a lot.
  • mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    When this game first started it was awesome to play, we had found areas high in the mountains where you could drop a big thumnper and get these nasty bugs coming out of the woodshed by tons and it was fun blasting those things, then in one patch the developers decided to change everything, they introduce damage, new crafting system, and they basically destroyed the game and since then the game has not been the same. I hope that maybe new players coming now, who didnt experience the past game we founders knew may have fun, to me it is hard to pick up the game again after all the changes that were implemented, specially the damage caused to the community by Phobos. All the founders know what I am talking about.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by mayito7777
    When this game first started it was awesome to play, we had found areas high in the mountains where you could drop a big thumnper and get these nasty bugs coming out of the woodshed by tons and it was fun blasting those things, then in one patch the developers decided to change everything, they introduce damage, new crafting system, and they basically destroyed the game and since then the game has not been the same. I hope that maybe new players coming now, who didnt experience the past game we founders knew may have fun, to me it is hard to pick up the game again after all the changes that were implemented, specially the damage caused to the community by Phobos. All the founders know what I am talking about.

what'd phobos do? i'm curious. i was an early CB player. tried my best to save the game but they're just a bad developer.

This discussion has been closed.