Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What MMO are you currently playing, and why?

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Just wondering where everyone currently is at......   There are so many choices, good choices and fun games available, yet none of them perfect...   Personally, i am still where i have been for the last three years or so, i call it the grass is allways greener syndrome..... When playing MMO A, i miss feuture X, when turning to MMO B that has feurture X, i miss feature Y, turning to C and D...  It never stops..  Yet all those games are actually fun enough to play, yet not perfect enough to stick with..

what MMO are you currently playing and why?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

None right now..  Why?

Because Divinity-original sin is amazing.:)

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

I'm a hopper since the very first games on the ZX / Commodore era, so it's hard to narrow it down to 1 single game. Btw. currently I don't play because currently it's the manintenance for LotRO's U14 :)

On a bit broader meaning, I play the same since years, LotRO, AoC, TSW (and STO, I used to write, but actually I haven't played STO since 3 months. Maybe it's time to go back a bit)

From those 3 (4) the emphasis is currently on LotRO. Second part was the why, well, because of U14, and also because of Coursera. Both are launching today. So the next few weeks will be massive LotR time for me :) I'm already in the middle of the books, last weekend I rewatched the movies, can't wait to start the course, I've heard a lot of great things about it.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Surprisingly, I'm playing WildStar.  I had no intentions of picking it up after the beta weekends, then a buddy pestered me into grabbing it so we could play together.  I'm having fun, leveling up multiple toons, none at max level yet.  I don't know what it is about the game that makes it enjoyable for me, but it's the first game in a long time that I resubbed to after the first month was up.
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

There are a few reasons I'm playing..  I'm having a fantastic time.  I'm a big fan of Yoshi-P and really like his vision and future plans for the game.  I also love that I can access every single part of the game with a single sub (even cosmetic).

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

None.

Because Vanguard ends with this month and theres no replacement in sight.

• ashe59ashe59 Member UncommonPosts: 39

SBEMU

Play to Crush

• IntheShadowsIntheShadows Member Posts: 58
    No MMOs currently. I think I may have hit burnout. So I've been playing Kingdom of Amalur, Trove (mmo-ish?), and Hearthstone. Having good fun with all of them!
  • SigrandSigrand Member UncommonPosts: 367

ArcheAge

The game has so far matched the hype I've had for it and the freedom it provides the players with is long overdue in my opinion. I've leveled 2 characters to 50, even knowing a wipe is coming, and I have no intention of stopping any time soon. Looking forward to making a permanent character when the game launches.

• fearufearu Member UncommonPosts: 288

WoW - Getting ready for xpac and doing MoP content that I originally decided to skip after raiding in Cata.

Also I picked up BF3 for free a few weeks back in that giveaway EA did, so that's fulfilling my other gaming needs instead of another MMO. I recently unsubbed from SWTOR too after doing Ops and getting bored due to lack of new content. I did piss away a few million credits on that slot machine event to get some goodies, my Ewok companion now has a Tommy Gun!

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    I have been playing Wildstar since it launched. Why ? I like it a lot and crazily enough am enjoying it.
    Chamber of Chains
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373

I play these three games currently and have been for awhile now.  In between tried some but they all disappointed, ESO, Wildstar ect.  There three I am playing are: (In order of recent playing time)

1.  Guild Wars 1 - I went back a few months ago and have been having fun ever since.  To be honest I was and I am pleasantly surprised at the population of this game.  I am having lots of fun playing this game as I am experimenting with different things.

2. Secret World - I go back to this game from time to time and always find it interesting.  Its a fun game and I enjoy it.

3. Diablo 3 - While technically not a MMO, I play this with others and its fun.  Sometimes just killing stuff with no thinking and having fun with others is satisfying to me.

• CrusadesCrusades Member Posts: 480
    Been playing FFARR, it's pretty good, I have been playing solo for the most part, I think solo play is all I have time for anymore. With that unfortunate truth, I probably won't resub, D3 comes to ps4 in a month and I will play that until Destiny, then I will play Destiny until Ps2 hits and flip between Ps2 and Destiny. After that - H1Z1, The division, The Witcher 3, and some fillers like bargain buys on Infamous, Knack, Shadows of Mordor, and Sniper Elite. Basically just playing ps4 games anymore. There are a lot of cool pc games, but pricing schemes are not that cool, so I threw in the white flag. That's to bad because I would have probably resubbed to Wildstar and WoW, but I didn't want to deal with the temptation of the other games like Archeage and I know I don't have time for mmorpgs anyhow.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071
    Vendetta Online, because I've invested a lot of time in it, it meets the criteria of what I consider to be a good MMO, and from my interactions with the developers, including meeting the creative director in person, they seem like good people.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• funconfuncon Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Age of Empire's the conquers on voobly. It's old but addicting. I think I'm burnt out from mmos so I'm just kinda taking a break and will hop back into WoW in 3 months.
  • Acidon.NumenAcidon.Numen Member Posts: 55
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

what MMO are you currently playing and why?

RiFT.  It's been too long and though I'm geared for 3 roles (Plus PVP Gear), I still need to cap my PA before the new Expansion drops. =)

As to why, I've loved the game since CB1, Pre-Ordered, Experienced Head-Start, and played for roughly 2.5 years before I kinda got burned out.  I love the game, and the transition to F2P was actually awesome, they really rewarded their loyal players during that.

It's just time to get back into it.  Play with the souls again and see if I can eek out a bit more DPS, or build a better Tank Role, or a better Healing Role.  All on my 60 Cleric.

o7

Please Note: I'm done arguing with unreasonable people with an agenda and/or those that fail to see logic.

Argue if you must, discount my post with anti-logic and/or Hyperbole. I won't be responding any longer.

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

None atm.

Skip all big releases in last year, none worth my money.

Having a blast playing DayZ Epoch with some friends.

After try ArcheAge for almost 3 months in Russian its the only mmorpg i want to play, so it will be only DayZ Epoch until AA release in Europe.

About other projects in development, i really dont care much, when im able to try in some way i will decide if intersted or not (like i did with AA). Long time ago i learn to dont get to excited about promise feature list.

ArcheAge is the only title close to what im looking for in a massive online game, still far to be perfect but its what i can get more close to my ideal mmorpg.

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    None. There is nothing current out that I haven't played already and lost interest in or tried and didn't like. As there is nothing coming out in the future that I like the looks of it's possible that my time with MMOs is at an end.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Distopia

None right now..  Why?

Because Divinity-original sin is amazing.:)

I am playing D-OS as well, but in liberal amounts. Although it is awesome, it tends to make me want to take a nap sometimes. I'm not being snarky, it just makes me tired reading so much! The rest is very fun coupled with superb cRPG graphics.

mmorpg wise, I'm playing Wildstar because I love the movement and combat. I'm not to hip on the quests, they are just normal quests that every themepark game has. I'm also not overly excited about the "Challenge Begins" portion of it either. But like I said, the combat is just fun to me and it overides the other lacklust portions of the game. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198

Not so much an mmo, but right now im playing Warframe on my ps4. Quite a fun game to honest, joined a clan and have fun running with them.

Looking forward to the Destiny beta later this week. image

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Gorwe

I just finished(actually last week, but meh :P ) my first story in swtor. The Bounty Hunter. And boy was the Light side ending AWESOME!!! 

My first character to finish the storyline was also a LS Bounty Hunter. Good times. image

I've recently started playing SWTOR again as well, with some Age of Wonders III and Blackguards on the side.

I intend to go back to The Secret World as well and check out Tokyo and the new "side stories" packs, but it will have to wait until I have some more free time!

As for why I play them? SWTOR and TSW are both great when it comes to their storylines, and I enjoy their gameplay as well.

While AoW III and Blackguards give me my strategy fix.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482
    Originally posted by ashe59

SBEMU

Play to Crush

i R from mourning  = )

• LugorsLugors Member UncommonPosts: 184
    Back in The Secret World.  I had been absent awhile, and just now catching up with all the new content around Tokyo.
  • TheodwulfTheodwulf Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Planetside 2...because  I foolishly spent money on it, trying to get money's worth
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

works days 1-.2 hours ; TSW

weekends nights ; EVE  ,  longest sessions

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

ESO because I like how hard the game is, the story line, the crafting system, the build diversity, the community, and the AvA is top notch.

FFXIV because It's challenging, it's the apex of the modern themepark, it's fun, the graphics are the best in the genre, and the story line is amazing as well. The dungeons are the best I have seen and the raids have me interested in raiding for the first time in nearly 6 years. Tanking is fun and challenging in FFXIV, but I don't feel like I'm having to be some kind of finger wizard to play it.

I play some other games here and there as well, but these two are definitely the best ones on the market atm.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.