Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: SOE Live Premium Pass Giveaway!

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

MMORPG.com has teamed up with Sony Online Entertainment to give one lucky winner a pair of passes to this year's SOE Live event in Las Vegas.

The winner of the giveaway will receive a coupon granting them two Premium passes to the event. Travel and other accommodations are not included.

Entering the giveaway is simple: All you need to do is share your favorite or most memorable SOE game experience with us in the comments below. We will accept submissions through Monday, July 14 and announce our winner on Tuesday, July 15.

Please only post a single submission below. Users found to have submitted multiple entries will be disqualified from the giveaway.

Comments

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I was an Iksar Paladin (back when that was a feat to betray) and as a role player it was really cool. One day I happened to run into what might have been the only other Iksar paladin on our server. Well naturally I greeted him in character and he responded the same! We enjoyed some wonderful RP discussing our abandonment of the evil that plagued our kind and seeking the way of the righteous. We proceeded to (still in character) travel together for a while and vanquish evil and aid the local folk! It was such a blast and a memorable experience i will never forget.

• emandemonemandemon Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Favorite SOE game experience huh?  What comes to mind, is when I was teaming up with 5 of my other friends over skype, all playing Planetside 2 at the same time, in the same party.  All of us collaborating and pin pointing the moment when we simultaneously blew up 3 enemy tanks in a line, was some epic sh*t.
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Yelling TRAIN as the horde of gnolls chased you out of the BB.  Next was the ATST swarms.  Finally, the mass killings in PS2.  Love that stuff.  Even more memories but I shall always remember the fallen to the gnoll trains.
  • pugglespuggles Member UncommonPosts: 5
    My favorite goes way back to old school.  Everqyest (the original) in the Kubark expansion, raiding, and working on the pull team, with my guild trying to take down the dragon Trakanon.  This raid was real tough in that if any roamer respawned while we were fighting the dragon it was a wipe.  So we had to time the respawn of 8+ roamers for the setup spot, plus a number of roamers for Trakanon's room.  Also, we needed to kill a number of  static spawns (who also would  re-spawned, so we had to time) inside Trak's room.  Pulling the statics in the room required a careful touch, since they could trigger agro on Trak.  So after a few weeks of trying we finally had the timing/tactics correct, and we were able to kill him.  It was a first on the server, and with 20+ attempts at him it was the most difficult/exciting moments in my gaming life.
  • ITPalgITPalg Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Getting my Nagafen kill in EQ for the Soulfire epic by charity surprise with the guild affiliations I was in.

twitch.tv/itpaladin
    @ITPalg
    YouTube: ITPalGame

• Lowfer69Lowfer69 Member UncommonPosts: 65
    Crossing the Karana's for the first time with my lvl 9 Bard. Mind you this was way back in vanilla EQ and I was doing it with the old default window with the 4 inches of viewable space. I had just got the run song and figured I could make it though I had no idea how to get to Freeport from Qeynos. I would zone into a zone then ask how to get to the next zone towards Freeport in general chat. Then I would cross the zone then ask in the next. It was scary and exhilarating and I felt so accomplished when I got to Freeport. The next day I travelled to Felwithe and met my first guild mates. I have never had an experience as awesome in any game since.

• SolatarSolatar Member UncommonPosts: 46

Star Wars Galaxies, pre-cu,.. nuff said ;)

• DrahlienDrahlien Member CommonPosts: 1
    EverQuest, the original... I was a young Barbarian shaman and I set out on a personal trek to explore as much as I possible could, even the places I had no business being! Making my way across the Karanas, through Butcherblock Mountains, hill giants in Rathe Mountains, Ocean of Tears... to this day I can log into EQ and hear the music and still get that thrill and the butterflies in my stomach!  Also, I had three cockatiels that listened to me play, so much that they would sing the "fight" song when the house was quiet!  I'll always be a fan.
  • chillaaachillaaa Member Posts: 1
    Holding the Crown with my outfit for hours and hours and hours. PS2 baby!
  • TibbzTibbz Member UncommonPosts: 613
    Working on the Prismatic weapon quest in EQ2 for weeks, then finally getting with two other guilds to bring down darathar (after two wipes).  We were the second group on the server to get those weapons.  Fun times!  

• wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506

My favorite memory is a joke my cousin and I pulled on someone in Lake Rathetear. My cousin and I were in one of the canoes, just sightseeing when a hapless stranger motioned for us to come a shore. We headed to this stranger, invited him to our party and struck up a conversation, we spoke of tales and stories we had all heard. We asked him if he had every seen or heard of the SEA MONSTER IN LAKE RATHE, he said NO?

And thus began our tale of deceit and debauchery, we told him of it and how it could kill you in one or two hits  and how you would never be able to get your body back since it would attack you again and again... to make it seem all the more real, I decided to "fall" off the boat and then damage myself with my spells while acting like I was being attacked by the monster, the stranger also had no idea how to use the boat and was in fear of his life now and refused to swim to shore, he logged off on that boat, I often wonder if he ever played that character again!

This was just one of the stories I will never forget.

• PhoenixC13PhoenixC13 Member UncommonPosts: 119
    I miss when I started playing EQ in 99 and I remember ever kill being a battle and ever loot was a fortune. Being scared when night came. I know he names of many of my old friends it was great.

• Iceman8235Iceman8235 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    My most memorable gaming experience would have to be on my wizard Aatern playing the original everquest during the kunark expansion.  My group was down in sebilis and a train of mobs aggro'd our group.  The tank and chanter held them off just long enough for my evac to cast and we all barely made it out alive.  I miss original EQ :(
  • joe2721joe2721 Member UncommonPosts: 171
    The most memorable experience for me had to be when I finally listen to my partner and  took a break from UO  to make a wood elf on his account. Within the first 10 minutes I fell off the side of kelethin and ended up getting run over by an orc train while i went in search of my body then night came and it was pitch black. I sat there squinting my eyes  Turing on lights  because I really thought it would make be be able to see at night.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

planetside 1. 

fighting there was pure hell, bridge having 2 factions rambo it out for about an hour, and then the 3rd empire came in.

ghosting in cavers or just hacking into a base all alone waiting for your backup to arrive soon enough... <3

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• MilanderMilander Member UncommonPosts: 178

(hrms) Most memorable SoE experience? I guess that would be causing a rampant 'cascade failure' in the DB of EQ1 during beta testing. You know when you start doing really dumb things when you beta test? Casting spells you shouldn't be able to, on targets you shouldn't? Like casting whatever that spell was that turned you into a (at the time) inanimate object (Lightpost, box, barrel) whatever was nearby. Well there was a window or something in the inn at (insert name of dark elf city sorry it's been too damn long)...Well I chuckled as my character cast the spell. Didnt get a "Illegal target" or anything. So I sat there waiting to see if the window changed to a lamp or something. A few moments past, and suddenly I found myself back in the little chat room that was there for the testers and devs to chitchat. End result, beta was down for at least a few days as they fixed the oopsie, and yes I did get tracked down, to which I 'tunred myself in" once it seemed that I was the cause :)

• MirathelMirathel Member UncommonPosts: 137
    There are so many memories with SOE but honestly (and this will sound wierd) my most cherished memory is when SOE picked up The Matrix Online. Shortly afterward it was cancelled and shutdown but the time i spent with MxO with and without SOE will always be my favorite memory. Thanks to SOE for picking the game up and extending it further. It would have died otherwise.
  • chocolate-mousechocolate-mouse Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Originally posted by Drahlien
    EverQuest, the original... I was a young Barbarian shaman and I set out on a personal trek to explore as much as I possible could, even the places I had no business being! Making my way across the Karanas, through Butcherblock Mountains, hill giants in Rathe Mountains, Ocean of Tears... to this day I can log into EQ and hear the music and still get that thrill and the butterflies in my stomach!  Also, I had three cockatiels that listened to me play, so much that they would sing the "fight" song when the house was quiet!  I'll always be a fan.

Cockatiels singing the combat music must have been awesome. Would love to have watched that on youtube. :)

• chocolate-mousechocolate-mouse Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Eq 1 enchanter...dropping stuff on the ground and getting noobs to try and pick me up lol.
  • SinfulChrisSinfulChris Member UncommonPosts: 73

Everquest 2.

My first MMO-Post military that really helped me through the transition back to normality.

The socializing that was required to do practically anything.

The kind-hearted words of my fellow party-members as my Ogre Paladin withstood their blows.

I was there for them, and they were they for me.

Was quite the experience, and one of the few joys I found after coping with PTSD.

• puzzill1puzzill1 Member Posts: 1
    I remember spending HOURS grinding, killing orcs on Orc Hill in EQ 1. Just to be able to get into Crushbone, and get to the keep. I remember choosing a High Elf so I could see better in the dark. Armed with a feeble worn out torch I attempted to navigate under Kelethin to find a lift up. I didn't venture outside of Grater Faydark for a longtime and I called Kelethin my home. There seemed to be so much do just in that one little area of the enormous world that is Norrath. A death would mean hours of work erased, but with the stakes raised...real friendships and alliances were formed that I have never found in any games since. I would wait patiently for what seemed like hours, while the zones loaded, in anticipation of the unknown that would unfold before me. Playing a High Elf wizard in EQ 1 during the Rise of Kunark expansion was one of the most immersive gaming experiences of my entire life. I'll never forget it!
  • bohrium924bohrium924 Member UncommonPosts: 23

Everquest One....

My whole guild staring at the Plane of Fear portal for what feels like the 100th time...

Then holding your breath on zone in and FINALLY breaking the zone in camp!!!!

Absolute victory rush !

• ElderknightElderknight Member UncommonPosts: 322

Everquest, with friends in local internet cafe playing non stop for 72 hours, greast time ever would love a reboot of eq1 with new skins and some small updates to gameplay.

Will list a few,

East commons sunday trade days, brought everyone together helped build the community.

Running across Oasis of Marr for the first time being killed by sand giant, the feeling of danger and exploration still can't be beat with all the games i've played to this date.

• adamlotus75adamlotus75 Member UncommonPosts: 387
    Planetside 1... Beta testing Core Combat and chatting with Smokejumper after spotting him run past :-)
  • DarkerelicDarkerelic Member Posts: 1
    I remember way back in Everquest 1 getting to attend a raid into Kael Drakkel with one of the larger raiding guilds on the server.  I was a gnome mage, and often used my air elemental for groups because of its ability to stun the mobs.  This was my first raid, and no one said they wanted a specific pet, so I went with that.  I of course used my see invis spells like a responsible pet owner, and I was able to keep a close eye on my pet because pathing can be a little awkward sometimes.  So the raid progresses all the way down in Kael, way deep in, almost to the Arena (where Vindi and all those guys are).  A bunch of people had to leave, so we decided we would call the raid there, and start fighting out way back out.  We made it about halfway back, when my see invis spell wore off.  I was so excited over the flawless raid, adrenaline pumping, that I didnt notice my see invis wearing off.  Just as the monk goes out to pull the next giant from around the corner, I get the message from my pet "Doing something stupid, master."  Now, I know it didnt REALLY say that, but thats basically what he meant.  See, my air elemental decided the way we were going wasnt good enough for him, so he booked it clear back into the arena, where the giants can see invis.  Being new to the raid, I didnt want to risk not being invited back, so I quickly scramble for a way to kill my pet, hoping beyond hope that I didnt just do what I did.  The monk rounds the corner one giant with him, just as the entire Arena comes charging in from the other direction.  This was such a huge shock to everyone, they didnt notice that the giants went straight to the gnome in the middle of the raid force first, killed me, then proceeded to kill every single other person there.  Somehow, being a sneaky adorable gnomer, I was able to not only wipe the entire raid force single handedly, but I also managed to not get blamed for it.  The blame landed solely on the monk puller!  I would have felt bad about this, but I really dislike monks for always training me, so I just figure it was karma that he wasnt allowed to pull for the raid force ever again.  
This discussion has been closed.