Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a long time mmo

seigardseigard Member UncommonPosts: 286

Hello, me and my friend we are looking for an mmo which we can play for a long time. Such as darkfall, tibia, eve or world of warcraft, where the game is known to hook you up with content or something to work for so you can play for a long time.

The thing is we do not want the ones I've listed such as darkfall, tibia eve or world of warcraft because we've tried them, played them for a long time and do not want to go back.

What we want is a community to socialize, such as darkfall, I miss the shit talking so much I could just pay a sub to visit global again.

Another point, a reason to pvp, may that be gear or ranks, but just some reason to do it, and at least some fun while doing it.

Enough content to last a long time

Enough people to socialize with.

We basically would like to know the options for a game which we can play like tibia, for a long time, for a lot to grind for, or work for or whatever.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: for example I played darkfall over 3k hours and never felt like not logging in, same goes for world of warcraft or tibia, you rarely feel like not playing because you know you have something you wanna do. So all in all that's what we'd love

Comments

• seigardseigard Member UncommonPosts: 286
    I'm thinking everquest 2, runes of magic or rift but I'm not sure if these games fulfill anything I've listed
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by seigard

Hello, me and my friend we are looking for an mmo which we can play for a long time. Such as darkfall, tibia, eve or world of warcraft, where the game is known to hook you up with content or something to work for so you can play for a long time.

The thing is we do not want the ones I've listed such as darkfall, tibia eve or world of warcraft because we've tried them, played them for a long time and do not want to go back.

What we want is a community to socialize, such as darkfall, I miss the shit talking so much I could just pay a sub to visit global again.

Another point, a reason to pvp, may that be gear or ranks, but just some reason to do it, and at least some fun while doing it.

We basically would like to know the options for a game which we can play like tibia, for a long time, for a lot to grind for, or work for or whatever.

Thanks in advance!

Might as well wait some prospects coming out this winter or early next year.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

Originally posted by Betaguy

Thanks in advance!

Might as well wait some prospects coming out this winter or early next year.

I'm guessing archeage will fulfill these but still they are pretty vague

• UltorXUltorX Member UncommonPosts: 56

Your post screams Asheron's Call, Darktide server has hardcore open world PvP with loot drops like Darkfall, people are shit talking there like nowhere else and because you said you liked Tibia it's safe to say you won't get turned down because of the graphics. It also just turned B2P.

Just my 2 cents.

Originally posted by UltorX

Your post screams Asheron's Call, Darktide server has hardcore open world PvP with loot drops like Darkfall, people are shit talking there like nowhere else and because you said you liked Tibia it's safe to say you won't get turned down because of the graphics. It also just turned B2P.

Just my 2 cents.

Looks very interesting, the closer it is to darkfall the better

Just my 2 cents.

Just trying to find more about this game but what is the difference between AC and AC2

AC2 is more of a theme park MMO than its prequel and wasn't well recieved by its fans because of it. It's still a solid game, people often say it's the missing link between EQ and WoW.
    AC2 is more of a theme park MMO than its prequel and wasn't well recieved by its fans because of it. It's still a solid game, people often say it's the missing link between EQ and WoW.

another thing I'm wondering before I try it, is there a high playerbase to make pvp fast? or do I need to look around for hours to find someone like it was in darkfall when it was going down

AC is an old game but Darktide is its most frequented server. Don't worry about finiding people, they'll find you first. image

• jmrothwell91jmrothwell91 Member Posts: 10
    Id also be interested in finding an mmo like this... However, I agree that population is a big thing. Part of my problem in darkfall was the lack of population in most areas.
    Population is the best it's been in years, but 1K people online aren't exactly comparable to the traffic in modern AAA MMOs. Could be better but still impressive for such an old game I think.
    I enjoyed forumfalling, the whole shit talking and socializing in darkfall forums, it was non stop. Is there anything like this in Asheron or is it done completely in game? I just checked the game's forum looked pretty dead
    I enjoyed forumfalling, the whole shit talking and socializing in darkfall forums, it was non stop. Is there anything like this in Asheron or is it done completely in game? I just checked the game's forum looked pretty dead

I think many Darktiders sit on PostCount forums, official boards don't get too much traffic anymore.

I think many Darktiders sit on PostCount forums, official boards don't get too much traffic anymore.

Okay, looks great, thanks for the advices lads downloaded and updating atm!

• KiljaedenasKiljaedenas Member Posts: 468
    You mentioned Eve in your first post...did you already try that one? That is the pinnacle definition of an MMO that can last for years with you.

Where's the any key?

Okay, looks great, thanks for the advices lads downloaded and updating atm!

Glad to be of help, hope you'll like it.

Originally posted by Kiljaedenas
    You mentioned Eve in your first post...did you already try that one? That is the pinnacle definition of an MMO that can last for years with you.

The weird thing is, I tried the trial for like probably 10 time, but initially it felt so boring and slow paced I quit right away, to try it again after a few months.

I want some adrenaline rush giving fights and all and I wanna get them fast, rather than crafting and gathering for days for a slow paced combat that I'll luckily get.

But my opinions are obviously far from the fact, or at least I hope so, can always give it another go, wonder how it would be co op like

• KiljaedenasKiljaedenas Member Posts: 468
    Originally posted by Kiljaedenas

The weird thing is, I tried the trial for like probably 10 time, but initially it felt so boring and slow paced I quit right away, to try it again after a few months.

I want some adrenaline rush giving fights and all and I wanna get them fast, rather than crafting and gathering for days for a slow paced combat that I'll luckily get.

But my opinions are obviously far from the fact, or at least I hope so, can always give it another go, wonder how it would be co op like

Ah...so many people get crushed by that.

Remember, the initial tutorials and the like only teach you the basic tools you need to do most of the fundamental functions in the game. Once you've done that, you have to plan out your own path. There's no set sequence of quests that you need to do in order to eventually crush the big bad meanie at the end. You set your own goal, plan out your own path to get to that goal, and do it.

And don't do it alone. MMO has a second M for a reason, and Eve is literally the living incarnation of it. Just like in the real world, one person completely on their own will affect very, very little in the grand scheme of things. Several thousand people working towards a goal together, however...you can see where this is going. Get yourself into a player corp, and be ready to die frequently when you're first learning. And you will get that adrenaline rush, trust me...that waiting phase just before a gang vs gang fight kicks off, knowing that there is semi-permadeath because if your ship blows up IT IS GONE, so death really has an impact...I've never personally felt anything like it myself.

Where's the any key?

• HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388

@ Op

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Has enough PvE content to keep you busy for few months. Over 30 classes to choose from. 

PvP wise - Arena and Frontlines (3 realm pvp) are live today. Arenas were in game for some time thou.

FFXIV is a PvE game thou.

Ive played Wildstar, ESO and mainly all mmo that were released recently...and imo they are not what you are looking for. 

Downloaded and trying AC

I'm still looking for more advices though, would be nice to know more alternatives.

Asheron's Call look sweet but I'd love to have more options, maybe a litte less outdated, I mean the movement and all feel very clunky and I'm having hard time getting past that
    I wonder how Mortal Online relates to these I've listed?