Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Swordsman

jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

I just starting playing this on the 4th and have been having a pretty good time so far. The combat seems kinda clunky at first but after you get used to it, it's pretty fun. The combat has a lot of room for skilled players to make a big difference in the outcome of battles, instances, and PvP.

There is open PvP once you hit 31, but PKing doesn't happen that frequently... and the game rewards anti-PK by giving players that kill red names a random item off their character. The anti-PK is rewarded, which is the way it should be.

If you're looking for something new to play, I'd say try out Swordsman. Even if you're not into PvP, the instances are still fun with multiple difficulty settings, for all levels 15 and up.

Comments

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

There is a Swordsman game forum here, so feel free to post comments in there.

This is my feedaback, copy and pasted from that forum:

I played through Closed Beta.

The game is still very 'Easternized' (as opposed to Westernizing a game) The dialogue/scripts are pure '80's Kung Fu movie. Very little ongoing storyline, just a seemingly repetitive "xxxxxx school has dishonoured us, you must go there and regain honour.." It doesn't take long before you are rapidly skipping through this and just clicking on the quest.

It is auto-route questing, you simply click on the npc or target you need to interact with and that is it. You auto mount up and watch the screen while your character goes along on its merry way.

I imagine the combat could get some level of involvement if you take the time to produce your own combo sequences, but the terrible UI overrode any further interest I had in this game.

- together with the pvp set up. Now I've played Aion, Tera, etc and am familiar with the 'joys' of open world pvp. However, in this game I reached an area where I simply could not complete one quest before being wiped out.

There where two what looked like full guilds permanently stationed at the area entrance instantly killing anyone who entered. The area transition animation meant that they could see my character before the area appeared on the screen. Meaning I was dead before the transition screen finished.

And that was it - never to return. 

edit: By that time the world seemed full of red players. Didn't seem to bother them and didn't stop at all the insta killing of lower level players. The groups of players waiting at the area entrance seemed mostly red - couldn't get a totally accurate picture as I was always dead.

The UI option of action mode is stated to be "for players familiar with NW" - no it isn't. It bears very little resemblance to the NW UI, and needs a lot of work.

Keybinding also needs serious attention as it wouldn't accept any of the num-pad keys. Nor would it accept any of my extra keys on my Cyborg keyboard, or even the middle button on my mouse! - something I have never experienced in any other mmo I have played.

This game needs a serious overhaul before I will go anywhere near it again, but is obviously liked by others. Which just shows that people sometimes have completely different tastes.

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

What map was it with all the red players camping? I want to go check it out to see how bad it is.

You couldn't play in another area until the area was cleared? Make friends to take them out? Maybe even pay people to clear them out?

There are solutions to PKs... it seems like you didn't care to try any of em, which makes it seem like you didn't plan on sticking with the game anyways.

• IsidiusIsidius Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Originally posted by jusomdude

What map was it with all the red players camping? I want to go check it out to see how bad it is.

You couldn't play in another area until the area was cleared? Make friends to take them out? Maybe even pay people to clear them out?

There are solutions to PKs... it seems like you didn't care to try any of em, which makes it seem like you didn't plan on sticking with the game anyways.

Notice he said closed beta. Meaning he didn't play open beta and those red names he's talking about no longer exist. A red name here and there might popup but I'm level 49 and haven't been attacked.

His post is irrelevant.