Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW forum during maintenance

aiwendelaiwendel Member UncommonPosts: 63

How do people post there during maintenance?
i see the forums moving fast during maintenance, but when I try to login/post it tells me login servers are down. ::::12::

Comments

• kiltakkiltak Member Posts: 103

Sign in before the servers go down. Thats what most people do any way. I dont know why they keep using the same system. They should have it set so you can sign in when servers are down. When they do there maintance its a great time to go read the forums and respond to them. HOwever this is blizzard and there not very bright.

Me personally im getting sick of the way there running the servers to point were im about to stop playing all together, I dont care if it is a great game. This bringing the servers down for the entire days is BS and they know it.

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783
    I dont usually get a chance to go on when blizzard does server maintenace when I get home there usually up. But when they are offline when I get home I get kinda mad,  Does anyone know what they do to keep the servers offline for soo long  ?
  • chrono2455chrono2455 Member Posts: 106

Originally posted by Thrift
    I dont usually get a chance to go on when blizzard does server maintenace when I get home there usually up. But when they are offline when I get home I get kinda mad,  Does anyone know what they do to keep the servers offline for soo long  ?

Thats the same for me. I play normally on a PST server silver hand and it normally goes down in the early morning for me or something and I have school during the day (I'm 16 btw) so yeah it's usually up when get home but I'm rather miffed when it's down and I'd been looking forward to it the entire day.
  • Takata5Takata5 Member Posts: 336

Are the fourms still down? I just tried to go to them now to update my account but my browser wasn't loading them.

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783
    Uhhh come on blizzard I wanna f***in play image
  • Takata5Takata5 Member Posts: 336

I tried logging in again but its really loading SLOW. So I still can't update my stupid account. *grumbles @ Blizzard*

• DrSawDrSaw Member Posts: 81

It is 5:30pm eastern time and the forums are down and a number of servers are still down. Hell, their realm status page doesn't even work.

Blizzard amazes me sometime. Who in the right mind agreed to a server setup that would require almost an entire day of downtime?!

• ArremusArremus Member Posts: 656

Originally posted by kiltak

I dont know why they keep using the same system. They should have it set so you can sign in when servers are down. When they do there maintance its a great time to go read the forums and respond to them.

Personally I think you answered your own question in the second sentence.

What are we all doing now? (as of the time of servers being down)
    Complaining.

What would "5 million" other people be doing now?
    Complaining.
    Again and again and again if they could, if the forums were up.

So it's most probably convenient for Blizz to take the forum login service down for "maintenance" to avoid both the mass flood of people trying to log in and post, and the mass flood of pissed off people trying to post just how pissed off they are.
    Cos it's all puppies and roses at the happy-go-lucky, guys-next-door Blizz office remember image

And yeah, an entire day's play wasted, no matter where you are in the world.. Starts at 7pm or so my time usually, ends at 3am+. That's an entire night of play gone. Every week.

Got to admire a business model that makes $$$million in a day by not letting its customers use its product! image

"(The) Iraqi people owe the American people a huge debt of gratitude." - George W Bush.
    Oh. My. God.