Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats going on?

Froggie85Froggie85 Member UncommonPosts: 221

So for a couple nights now, I have seen some kind of relationship ad thing where people are posting to death in the forums. This makes checking which forum posts are most recent impossable. Pissing me off really. 

Is the mmorpg.com staff just ignoring this? I mean every night at 1 am to 8 am it's some kind of crap like : http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/415735/page/1

It's even being posted in General Gaming. WTF does that have to do with gaming? There's hundreds of them everywhere.

Comments

• Froggie85Froggie85 Member UncommonPosts: 221
    I mean don't you guy's have rules. Even here? This should be flagged for selling stuff. Or in general spamming to death.
    Bump for a test. Seems every time I post here I get buried by this love guru dude.
    For the love of god....BUMP AGAIN
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Are you Reporting them when you see them?

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • NagilumSadowNagilumSadow Member UncommonPosts: 318

What's going on? Observing this strange creature staring inside my window at night; picking fights with my neighbors; thaumaturgical rites and such...the usual.

How are you?

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    I'm pretty sure the MOD's don't stare at these forums 24/7.  It's up to us to report these annoying posts but there is nothing long term that will fix this situation as they just create new accounts and post again.  At least we can minimise the time their posts stay up by ensuring we use the report button.
  • AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    We do try to remove these spam attacks as soon as we see them. There are a few ideas being considered for faster removal, but note that mods have to remove these posts manually, so if a spammer is making 40 posts in a few minutes, we can't bulk remove them (that's a higher up admin tool), so it takes time.  Please continue to report them when you see them, and note we might have a better overall solution soon.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• NickNameFreedomNickNameFreedom Member Posts: 43
    there are so many spams, it may diffcult to distinguish clearly. I prefer the poster would post some meaningful contents. I like forums, I wish to learn something useful here.