Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avoid spending real money on the game

If you are going to get a sub and play that is fine, my warning are for those who buy CC to sell the items on the GTM. I had quite a few rare items (watchmen meditation chair (mount) ) to name one of them. I had it up for sale but a few days after i fell ill and was hospitalized for a month and three weeks. Upon returning i did not have any credits for my sales nor the items. I submitted a ticket explaining the issue and got a response.

" The system is working as intended and deletes mail after 30 days of its send date" was their response to me. So basically due to something out of my control i lost my items and support could give to shits about it. I use to enjoy this game played it since launch but the CS team for in-game at least has gone down hill to the point 9/10 times its a generic reply. If you have fun on swtor that's great. just giving a warning to those who sell items...they will vanish after 30 days of not being picked up  from the mail box.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

Comments

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

Mail expiring in 30 days isn't new or unique to this game. Your situation was so far outside of normal you can't really judge then wrong for sticking to their policy about it.

Try calling and actually speaking to a real person if it's that important to you. Pouting here sure isn't going to fix it.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

Are you really complaining about losing something virtually?  You should be grateful that you even got out of the hospital, and it wasn't something more serious (i don't really know, but it doesn't sound like it was).  Just take the loss and enjoy life.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    If I'm not mistaken, mail in WoW disappears after 30 days as well.  Its not unique to SWTOR.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    Originally posted by observer

Are you really complaining about losing something virtually?  You should be grateful that you even got out of the hospital, and it wasn't something more serious (i don't really know, but it doesn't sound like it was).  Just take the loss and enjoy life.

^This

Losing a "month and three weeks" of my life in hospital would make the virtual loss of items due to "known rules" the absolute least of my worries. Sincerely hope all is well with you OP, this stuff is WAYYYY down on the list of importance.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by DamonVile

Mail expiring in 30 days isn't new or unique to this game. Your situation was so far outside of normal you can't really judge then wrong for sticking to their policy about it.

Try calling and actually speaking to a real person if it's that important to you. Pouting here sure isn't going to fix it.

Pretty much this.

Just call them, and as you speak to the customer service representative "calmly" explain what happened.

Even offer to send them proof of your hospitalization. Remember, all calmly, don't be accusatory, just explain that this is something that was beyond your control.

If they say no, ask for a higher level person and even just a place where you can write/e-mail so that the are aware that their policies have little room for wiggle room in cases of real life hardship.

I suspect you will actually get your item back.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • macwoodmacwood Member UncommonPosts: 134
    I am sorry op you lost your items, but that is the normal in mmo land... Your join date is 07 can you really convince me that you don't know this?
  • Kicksave321Kicksave321 Member CommonPosts: 262
    Well it wasn't an item but last week I ran DF using the GF.  After completing I didn't get my GF ultimate comms.  I filed a ticket and two days later got my comms.  Now deleting mail items after 30 days is nothing new as many have said, and I've found Swtor CS to be decent.  Try getting ahold of them.  
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Ginaz
    If I'm not mistaken, mail in WoW disappears after 30 days as well.  Its not unique to SWTOR.

Yep, it's company policy. Plenty of MMO's do it.

I've been bitten by it several times too.(just not to the extent the OP probably was)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    Many games do that 30 days to avoid players exploiding the mail as a storage unit.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Typical EA garbage customer support. Nothing surprises me about EA or this game anymore, it's just horror story after horror story these days.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

Originally posted by Gorwe
    Have you read my thread O...lol, Aeon? Now THAT is a horror story! Now I read about a guy that has the same problem as me, but can't UNSUB!

Lol wtf?

Yea I remember reading that one a few weeks back. Mind blowing. Well not really. I don't blame Bioware or SWToR, but I sure can point a finger at EA. They are the epitome of everything wrong with video games.

EDIT: lol allday. No it's not, but it's closer than your last accusation about slander :p

Originally posted by allday88
    Originally posted by Aeonblades
    Originally posted by Gorwe
    Have you read my thread O...lol, Aeon? Now THAT is a horror story! Now I read about a guy that has the same problem as me, but can't UNSUB!

Lol wtf?

Yea I remember reading that one a few weeks back. Mind blowing. Well not really. I don't blame Bioware or SWToR, but I sure can point a finger at EA. They are the epitome of everything wrong with video games.

EDIT: lol allday. No it's not, but it's closer than your last accusation about slander :p

Come on buddy! You get all offended by some poster putting down FFxiv but then you hit up every Swtor thread with your slander against it? Really?

Btw spamming every thread about a game you don't play and don't like with negative borderline inaccurate info would be considers slander so yes it is. 

Personlly I've never had issues with Swtor CS couple days is the longest I've waited. Unsubbing I do it every couple months so that story was even on the forums and proven false.  You can't believe everything you read on these forums. 

I don't get offended by anything people post here. It's the internet. Do people honestly take offense to things said here? Two posts about recent threads at the top of the recent posts =/= spamming by the way. I played SWToR for about 7 months, and it never did get better. That's my opinion. You can always block my posts, but just because you disagree with it doesn't make it slander.

The most amusing thing I found in this whole post is that you think somehow I got offended about something. Stating that nothing surprises me anymore about the way EA runs a game has absolutely nothing to do with the gameplay or game itself. It just means the parent company is garbage.

Am I slandering EA? You betcha I am. Am I slandering your precious SWToR? Nope, glad you enjoy the game as it does have it's strong points in it's story. I has a new stalker :D!

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

Op I hope you are feeling better and for a speedy recovery for what happened to you.

With that said....I'll have to agree with the other posters on this tread. After 30 days your mail and items get deleted as most games do this. Telling people not to spend money in the Cartel Market store is just frustration on your part. Most people aren't in the hospital for 30+ days and can access those accounts after leaving the hospital.

Was your game on a laptop? Most hospital have Wi-Fi and someone could have brought you your laptop. This is what I did after being in the hospital for 5 days after spine fusion surgery. I had items on the market and my wife brought me my laptop ( after rolling her eyes and sighing) and I signed into the game long enough to collect the money and items. I wanted it also to watch Netflix. Watched a lot of really bad horror movies too.

Your situation was unique. Call the customer service line and explain your situation to them (NICELY) and let them know you can provide any information as proof of your situation.

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by jircris

If you are going to get a sub and play that is fine, my warning are for those who buy CC to sell the items on the GTM. I had quite a few rare items (watchmen meditation chair (mount) ) to name one of them. I had it up for sale but a few days after i fell ill and was hospitalized for a month and three weeks. Upon returning i did not have any credits for my sales nor the items. I submitted a ticket explaining the issue and got a response.

" The system is working as intended and deletes mail after 30 days of its send date" was their response to me. So basically due to something out of my control i lost my items and support could give to shits about it. I use to enjoy this game played it since launch but the CS team for in-game at least has gone down hill to the point 9/10 times its a generic reply. If you have fun on swtor that's great. just giving a warning to those who sell items...they will vanish after 30 days of not being picked up  from the mail box.

Raw deal but that is how it works bud.  Can't be making exceptions just because you was laid up.  Hope you're getting better though.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Typical EA garbage customer support. Nothing surprises me about EA or this game anymore, it's just horror story after horror story these days.

This ^^^^^

+1

When will it stop?

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    In Wow disappers, too. But, ask GM for restore and you'll get it back.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

I'm not getting the connection, why would I avoid spending money because you lost some items? I'm sorry to hear of your illness, but I don't see how that reflects onto their policy.

Last year they had a promo that if you subbed by a certain date you'd get a ROTJ style speeder, I had planned on subbing (was already subbed). However I needed heart surgery so while I was in the hospital for almost a month, my sub lapsed (didn't refill the card I use to sub to games). SO I didn't get the speeder. It was disappointing, but I certainly didn't expect that policy to change because I had fallen ill. It was luck of the draw and I lost, it's not like you're not warned of that 30 day limitation in their mail service.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Aeonblades Originally posted by allday88 Originally posted by Aeonblades Originally posted by Gorwe Have you read my thread O...lol, Aeon? Now THAT is a horror story! Now I read about a guy that has the same problem as me, but can't UNSUB! Lol wtf?
    Yea I remember reading that one a few weeks back. Mind blowing. Well not really. I don't blame Bioware or SWToR, but I sure can point a finger at EA. They are the epitome of everything wrong with video games.   EDIT: lol allday. No it's not, but it's closer than your last accusation about slander :p
      Come on buddy! You get all offended by some poster putting down FFxiv but then you hit up every Swtor thread with your slander against it? Really?   Btw spamming every thread about a game you don't play and don't like with negative borderline inaccurate info would be considers slander so yes it is.    Personlly I've never had issues with Swtor CS couple days is the longest I've waited. Unsubbing I do it every couple months so that story was even on the forums and proven false.  You can't believe everything you read on these forums. 
    I don't get offended by anything people post here. It's the internet. Do people honestly take offense to things said here? Two posts about recent threads at the top of the recent posts =/= spamming by the way. I played SWToR for about 7 months, and it never did get better. That's my opinion. You can always block my posts, but just because you disagree with it doesn't make it slander.

The most amusing thing I found in this whole post is that you think somehow I got offended about something. Stating that nothing surprises me anymore about the way EA runs a game has absolutely nothing to do with the gameplay or game itself. It just means the parent company is garbage.

Am I slandering EA? You betcha I am. Am I slandering your precious SWToR? Nope, glad you enjoy the game as it does have it's strong points in it's story. I has a new stalker :D!

Haha I'm not stalker just pointing out how you didn't like it when someone talked bad about your precious game, but was just curios as to why you would turn around and do the exact same thing to another game? I believe there is a word for that...hypocrite?

No, what he was doing was correcting false information. You sir are flaming him. You could have just walked away but, you didnt.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Avoid spending money on swtor?!

I'm more interested in avoiding whatever the hell supervirus put you in the hospital for two months.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Originally posted by Distopia

I'm not getting the connection, why would I avoid spending money because you lost some items? I'm sorry to hear of your illness, but I don't see how that reflects onto their policy.

Last year they had a promo that if you subbed by a certain date you'd get a ROTJ style speeder, I had planned on subbing (was already subbed). However I needed heart surgery so while I was in the hospital for almost a month, my sub lapsed (didn't refill the card I use to sub to games). SO I didn't get the speeder. It was disappointing, but I certainly didn't expect that policy to change because I had fallen ill. It was luck of the draw and I lost, it's not like you're not warned of that 30 day limitation in their mail service.

Not the same. If I am understanding his story. He bought something from cartel market using real currency, not game money. Put it up for auction. Couldn't get back to game. Mail was deleted after 30 days. So more or less he 1) Lost real money on it. 2) Didn't get in-game currency. 3) Doesn't have item anymore.

The response they gave him was lame to say least. But seems par the course for EA.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Originally posted by Roin

Not the same. If I am understanding his story. He bought something from cartel market using real currency, not game money. Put it up for auction. Couldn't get back to game. Mail was deleted after 30 days. So more or less he 1) Lost real money on it. 2) Didn't get in-game currency. 3) Doesn't have item anymore.

The response they gave him was lame to say least. But seems par the course for EA.

Say I buy a ticket with real money and can not go to the concert cause I got sick...I do not expect them to move the concert.  The rules are there if they feel kind enough to help him out good for them, but they certainly do not have to.

Haha I'm not stalker just pointing out how you didn't like it when someone talked bad about your precious game, but was just curios as to why you would turn around and do the exact same thing to another game? I believe there is a word for that...hypocrite?

No, what he was doing was correcting false information. You sir are flaming him. You could have just walked away but, you didnt.

Correcting false information?  Where was that exactly?  I mean if we are going to talk about false information we can just look at every single post you are spamming on SWTOR.  So what is the deal with you two?  Are you mad SWTOR is still around?  FFXIV is doing fine why not waste your time over there talking about something you enjoy?  

So the only one who needs to walk away is the two who continue to bash a video game they dont play.  Enjoy FF its a decent game, leave topics you have no clue about to those that do.  

I didn't and have not bashed SWToR on either topic today. I did play SWToR for the better part of a year. I did enjoy the story. I do not think it's a good game overall. I believe he was referring to me proving that FFXIV is more than just questing as far as the false information correction goes.

Just because you perceive my dislike about certain aspects of a game does not mean I am "bashing" a game. It just means I dislike the negative parts for my tastes. There are aspects of SWToR I enjoyed. If I were bashing the game, it would be all negative with no substance. Considering what I have said was pretty much completely positive sans my disdain for EA, I think we are done here.

Twist words however you like, you can't change the definition of them to suit your needs, and most people in these forums know that, I think.

Are you new to MMOs?  Par for the course for EA?  Its PAR for course for almost ALL MMOs.  I understand some of you have run out of things to bash a game you dont play and are resorting to ridiculous claims and acting like its only swtor.  But to act like SWTOR is the only game that deletes items in mail is about as ridiculous as it comes.  

The difference is Trion, Turbine, and SoE have all refunded items that I lost in my in game mail before. EA refusing to do that is the example given that they are a lone warrior raging a fight against their own players, when the fix is as simple as restoring his lost/stolen items.

I don't get offended by anything people post here. It's the internet. Do people honestly take offense to things said here? Two posts about recent threads at the top of the recent posts =/= spamming by the way. I played SWToR for about 7 months, and it never did get better. That's my opinion. You can always block my posts, but just because you disagree with it doesn't make it slander.   The most amusing thing I found in this whole post is that you think somehow I got offended about something. Stating that nothing surprises me anymore about the way EA runs a game has absolutely nothing to do with the gameplay or game itself. It just means the parent company is garbage.   Am I slandering EA? You betcha I am. Am I slandering your precious SWToR? Nope, glad you enjoy the game as it does have it's strong points in it's story. I has a new stalker :D!
    Correcting false information?  Where was that exactly?  I mean if we are going to talk about false information we can just look at every single post you are spamming on SWTOR.  So what is the deal with you two?  Are you mad SWTOR is still around?  FFXIV is doing fine why not waste your time over there talking about something you enjoy?  

So the only one who needs to walk away is the two who continue to bash a video game they dont play.  Enjoy FF its a decent game, leave topics you have no clue about to those that do.  

UUmmmmmm no. I play SWTOR so this pertains to me not you. He was correcting false info on FF XIV ARR that others were lying about, example read the latest patch notes. He came here to put in his opinion and you flamed him to death for having an opinion on one game and helping correct another. Please stop flaming.

On topic:

It seem's it would be better to just sub like I do. The shop is a rip off really.

EDIT: Correcting/Informing same thing.

Are you new to MMOs?  Par for the course for EA?  Its PAR for course for almost ALL MMOs.  I understand some of you have run out of things to bash a game you dont play and are resorting to ridiculous claims and acting like its only swtor.  But to act like SWTOR is the only game that deletes items in mail is about as ridiculous as it comes.  

The difference is Trion, Turbine, and SoE have all refunded items that I lost in my in game mail before. EA refusing to do that is the example given that they are a lone warrior raging a fight against their own players, when the fix is as simple as restoring his lost/stolen items.

Again like the cant unsubbed line (which i have done many times succesfully) and was proven to be a lie.  This one sounds just a little fishy and I would say there is more to the story.  But he gave just enough to get some all riled up against SWTOR.   I am sure if he took some time and called and talked to somebody about it the situation it would be completely different...thats coming from someone with experience in the game btw.  

That could very well be the case, but what do they have to gain by not restoring his items? Bad PR? It just seems like this a pretty cut and dry scenario where they could do the right thing if what he said is true, or give the company a worse reputation that it already has. Maybe EA thinks they have already hit rock bottom and truly don't care anymore about the customers, people are obviously going to line up and buy their games anyway :)