Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a F2P sci-fi/fantasy cross

markh777markh777 Member UncommonPosts: 150
Was checking out the Skyforge site and realized I need a F2P sci-fi/fantasy cross type of game. I like to explore, want rpg elements,  Pve mostly and hate P2W...crappy graphics need not apply...so what have you?

Comments

• BJC289BJC289 Member UncommonPosts: 31

99.9% chance you are going to find a F2P without some sort of optional premium, especially a F2P with any sort Sci-Fi. 

The genre is popular, but not well done by many. 

If you decide to check out something premium at all... I'd suggest watching tons of reviews on Wildstar and see if it's your cup of tea.

Good luck, you'll probably need if it you expect to find what you want here.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    You should check out "Global Agenda".  It's F2P and on steam.
  • SetEssentialSetEssential Member UncommonPosts: 28
    You could try Star Trek Online. The quest lines are pretty good and you don't have to buy anything if you don't want to.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

not scifi but check out TSW sometime

• Hm.. there are many out there that can fit the role... have you tried dcuo ? has community , lots of f2p content ( along with raids ) and if you want you can buy operations or mission packs or whatever they are called and get some extra content . Not a pay to win game  in my opinion :)
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    SWTOR

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    SWTOR

I play SWTOR.  It's not a F2P game.  No matter what they advertise.  I would rather just uninstall the game then play it as F2P.  If he doesn't care about a sub (which he mentioned F2P in OP, so im not sure).  Then SWTOR is a good choice imo.

• Darkane42Darkane42 Member Posts: 26

I also would say SWTOR.. it CAN be played F2P.. but i would definitely recommend throwing some money at it.. say..$10 that gets you preferred status (you keep this status forever once you spend $5+)  and 1050 cartel coins (Cash shop currency)  then take that buy 3 of the cartel packs (the 320 coin ones) sell them on the GTN (global trade network aka auction house) 1 at a time because as a preferred account you have a credit limit of 350k (PER CHARACTER so you could sell 1 per character).. you can use those credit to unlock a few things buy buying them on the GTN.. like a few inventory rows and what now.. at one time as F2P or even preferred i think you only had 2 toolbars.. they have upped that to 4 for preferred (F2P only get 2 tho)

this would leave you with able to play 6 different characters (F2P only get 2) around 1 million credits you can transfer around as needed 4 toolbar slots (and yes you can live with 'only' 4 toolbar slots without any problems) 6 different classes you can play all the way up

This is coming from someone that started SWTOR in closed beta was a subscriber all they way until May something (of this year) was all ready for wildstar was in the beta for that bought it.. and played it for about 20 hours AFTER launch.. then resubbed to SWTOR..

Reasons for that: Mainly.. Questing and story.. in SWTOR everything is voice acted and its great really helps get you into the story and enjoy the questing.. in wildstar.. nothing is voiced and i found that i was just skipping all the quest stuff and just grinding and was hating it.. game play was ok in it.. everyone saying how 'hard core' it was was actually a put off for me

I would recommend SWTOR to anyone that wants a great story driven game (it does have 8 different class stories) thats polished and easy to pick up, and enjoyable to actaully pregresss though.. even if all you did was take a few characters thought there class story and stopped playing once they max out.. (most) of the stories are worth it

(BTW as a F2P or a prefferd played you dont have all the character customizations when making your character but reallt you have enough to play but if you sub for 1 month you can do all the customizations and still play that character after the 1st month..and get preferred status and 500 cartel coins

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

Aion Online! excellent F2P model!

www.aiononline.com

• dadowndadown Member UncommonPosts: 210

I'd also recommend SWTOR and after trying it, if you decide you like it, I'd also recommend the 1 month sub as previously mentioned to get all the preferred benefits.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Darkane42

I also would say SWTOR.. it CAN be played F2P.. but i would definitely recommend throwing some money at it.. say..$10 that gets you preferred status (you keep this status forever once you spend $5+)  and 1050 cartel coins (Cash shop currency)  then take that buy 3 of the cartel packs (the 320 coin ones) sell them on the GTN (global trade network aka auction house) 1 at a time because as a preferred account you have a credit limit of 350k (PER CHARACTER so you could sell 1 per character).. you can use those credit to unlock a few things buy buying them on the GTN.. like a few inventory rows and what now.. at one time as F2P or even preferred i think you only had 2 toolbars.. they have upped that to 4 for preferred (F2P only get 2 tho)

this would leave you with able to play 6 different characters (F2P only get 2) around 1 million credits you can transfer around as needed 4 toolbar slots (and yes you can live with 'only' 4 toolbar slots without any problems) 6 different classes you can play all the way up

This is coming from someone that started SWTOR in closed beta was a subscriber all they way until May something (of this year) was all ready for wildstar was in the beta for that bought it.. and played it for about 20 hours AFTER launch.. then resubbed to SWTOR..

Reasons for that: Mainly.. Questing and story.. in SWTOR everything is voice acted and its great really helps get you into the story and enjoy the questing.. in wildstar.. nothing is voiced and i found that i was just skipping all the quest stuff and just grinding and was hating it.. game play was ok in it.. everyone saying how 'hard core' it was was actually a put off for me

I would recommend SWTOR to anyone that wants a great story driven game (it does have 8 different class stories) thats polished and easy to pick up, and enjoyable to actaully pregresss though.. even if all you did was take a few characters thought there class story and stopped playing once they max out.. (most) of the stories are worth it

(BTW as a F2P or a prefferd played you dont have all the character customizations when making your character but reallt you have enough to play but if you sub for 1 month you can do all the customizations and still play that character after the 1st month..and get preferred status and 500 cartel coins

Yep, I'll throw in my support for SWTOR as well.

Regarding the prefered status, you can also get it by subscribing for a month. I generally consider it a better deal than the 10$ because you get a bunch of advantages such as:

-Faster XP

-More freedom in character creation when it comes to species. Even though you can't make any additional characters of restricted species once the sub ends, you still keep access to the ones you made while subbed. It's a good opportunity to quickly make a few characters of species you want to play at some point.

-No credit cap, which means you can more easily use in-game money to buy more account unlocks and such in preparation of going Prefered status.

And other conveniences like reduced cooldowns on fast traveling powers that are nice to have. (You get 500 cartel coins as well for subbing 1 month)

Also get an authenticator if you decide to play it. Either the physical one or the phone app. You get a free 100 coins every month as a reward for properly securing your account.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Try Argo Online. It's a true sci-fi / fantasy cross. Like Sci-fi is one faction and Fantasy is another. Played it for a bit, not too bad actually. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------