Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So who's buying EQ2? :)

2»

Comments

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724

Hi Vardia,

Yeah, www.Everquest-2.com is pretty much my favorite site for EQ2.  I have to visit the links from Moorgard Madness daily to feel complete. image

Even though I complain about the graphics and the two human city starting point thing, I still have my fingers crossed that EQ2 will turn out to be tons of fun.  Any MMORPG with player controlled boats cant be all bad!  What can I say, I have wanted to be a pirate since I was a child.  image

I am really excited for it to come out and I'm starting to go a bit stir crazy waiting!

• VinderVinder Member Posts: 5

I have hopes that Sony learned alot from EQ, and they'll apply that knowledge to EQ2.  I played 2 characters to the lvl cap in EQ I was so bored with the high lvl content.  Can only explore, raid, get AA points so much before you've done it all or close enough.  When EQ was fun though....it was damn fun. I can only hope i'll get the same experiance from EQ2.

Duke Vinder Vae

65 Lord Protector

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

EQII's graphics are amazing. But maybe it's too good, when the game is released one of the things most EQ fans will be worried about is the lag. When i watched the videos from www.everquest-2.com (thanks misti !) Even they were lagging a bit and there was nobody online on the servers. I know when the game actually does come out for raids and things the lag will be crazy.

But if there isn't too much with a top of the notch p.c. and the gameplay is good, everquest 2 i'm sure will be the best MMORPG ever. Lots of people are arguing saying "wow will be better" or "horizons will be better". Who cares? Whatever ones better than the other so be it, i'll play that oneimage.

Homer-"let the bears pay the bear tax, but i pay the Homer tax."
    Lisa-"Dad, that's the homeOWNERS tax!"
    Homer-"Whatever I'll be at Moes."

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • MadCow2112MadCow2112 Member Posts: 31
    Everquest gets boring too fast. Everquest is gonna focus mainly on graphics. EVerquest is too addicting and thats y i quit it bout year ago. Also WoW will own EQ 2

• BurningManBurningMan Member Posts: 613
    i use to play "evercrack" but it just got too boring very quick and the service for gms sucked also on tallon zek it wasnt very player friendly i just went up to a gnome and said how do i get to the teleporter to (forgot name i was in kethlin at the time) and well he just backstabbed me they kept pieceing me and backstabbing

• BlackTalonBlackTalon Member Posts: 75

Originally posted by BurningMan
    i use to play "evercrack" but it just got too boring very quick and the service for gms sucked also on tallon zek it wasnt very player friendly i just went up to a gnome and said how do i get to the teleporter to (forgot name i was in kethlin at the time) and well he just backstabbed me they kept pieceing me and backstabbing

lol, well what do you expect for a pvp server? Like most others here I played eq for a few years, and quit just before luclin. I plan on playing eq2 for sure. I haven't really played much of anything for a year so i'm sure i'm gonna go headfirst soon as it's out.

• zygar05zygar05 Member Posts: 1

I think i will stick to EQ because if i count up all the time i have spent on my toons i wouldnt be able to stop so there is no way i will play EQ2 ... i would never want to start again and btw EQ2 will never have the success as EQ image

sjdahkjshfdaks

sjdahkjshfdaks

• Sensei_KaelsSensei_Kaels Member Posts: 277

maybe it will, maybe it wont.

i played eq for 3 years also, and it was fun but got boring around the time i got lvl 61..without a guild highend gaming sucked.

the gm service was pretty bad, but they had ALOT of people and a limited amount of GMs

and btw, on a pvp server, and you didnt think a person would even *TRY* to kill you? thats just stupid IMO. I went on pvp for about 2 weeks, it was ok, but I didnt really get high level and it was kinda  a drag, plus this mage kept screwing with me.

• ZaceZace Member Posts: 77

WoW doesnt compare to EQ2!

WoW is based on a RTS game, and has cartoon graphics - sure it looks a LOT of fun, but its a differnt game to EQ2.

Ive onlt recently stopped playing EQ, lvl 63 - just couldnt get to 65...my heart wasnt in it. Ive been lucky enought to beta a LOT of games.

SWG looked good, but was let down by the 2d world and the fact it WAS released too early.  I appreciate everyone has different tastes.

People try to judge a game BEFORE it is released, DONT.  Wait and see, and live in anticipation.

EQ will rock, they have a good bit of time to go!

• AtaxusAtaxus Member UncommonPosts: 4
    I think I'm going to buy World of Warcraft instead. image

Hi!

Hi!