Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why so many will return to WoW...

12346»

Comments

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670
    Quit WoW three years ago.  Will never return.
  • jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    It is amazing how 'keen' my friends are to get back into WoW when they find out their wife played it.
    Christ, I have 2 unused 60day game cards cause 2 of them found out and decided to get the 'old wow crew' back.
    Suffice to say some haven't played for years so it was 'awesome' to try and play. 'Why is there a pokemon game in wow? Whats a farm? Where are my talents?' ........
    F IT! lets just all roll into a raid and die. Repeatedly...
    -.-

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• IHATETHISWEBSITEIHATETHISWEBSITE Member Posts: 16
    As always will buy the expansion RUSH all content  and wait 11 months next expansion )))) , just a bad habbit  just like smoking XD
  • IHATETHISWEBSITEIHATETHISWEBSITE Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by jpnz
    It is amazing how 'keen' my friends are to get back into WoW when they find out their wife played it.
    Christ, I have 2 unused 60day game cards cause 2 of them found out and decided to get the 'old wow crew' back.
    Suffice to say some haven't played for years so it was 'awesome' to try and play. 'Why is there a pokemon game in wow? Whats a farm? Where are my talents?' ........
    -.-

Oh god you you reminded me about talents last year I said i'm done because Bliz DUMB down the game .....after ESO class complex variation guess I will skip WOW .... until they don't improve this new shity talents .......

• grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153

Why so many will return to WoW...

My only guess is because it's 2010.

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by IHATETHISWEBSITE
    Originally posted by jpnz
    -.-

Oh god you you reminded me about talents last year I said i'm done because Bliz DUMB down the game .....after ESO class complex variation guess I will skip WOW .... until they don't improve this new shity talents .......

Ya, cookie cutter builds or else you were at a disadvantage regardless of skill made the game more complex than being able to choose form 18 uniquely usefull abilities depending on your play style :/

Im not necessarily advocating their current system is the best fix, but dont you dare pretend the absolute cookie cutter talents of yesteryear were in ANY way more complex than what they have now lol.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    All the rude people insulting the WoW players make me even more happy that I play that game and not their game if they have one. And it's those same people saying that the WoW community is bad... look how they behave... pot, kettle, black, etc... please stay away from WoW, thank you.

Heh.... the WoW community are a bunch of Saints, compared to what you see happening now in Wildstar.

Let´s not forget FFXIV either. What I experienced there months ago. My god!

Every single game has their fair share of rotten Apples.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Starting September, we will see an exodus towards WoW, i think people will want to play Dreanor and prepare for that...

He, he, ... you can bet on that ... I already have planned vacation 3 days on release date. :-)

but even withouth this, the game is as good as it gets...

Yep. :-)

• SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795
    As always will buy the expansion RUSH all content  and wait 11 months next expansion )))) , just a bad habbit  just like smoking XD

Exactly this ^^

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• BeardyguyBeardyguy Member Posts: 18

I think WoD will bring with it a massive influx of returning users. The real question will be how long they will stick around for, It would be nice to see the subs stay to the points they will likely reach at first, but who knows. 

It's sure steering WoW back in the right direction, at least. 

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by kikosforever

Exactly this ^^

You mean 24-30 months :P

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Might pick it up again once its for sale for 10 euro like MoP.
    After Blizzard failed promises i do not pay top dollars for average 12 month contend cycles.
    No sir....

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    If Blizzard added level down scaling to the game I would re sub in a heart beat!

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    Originally posted by Mothanos

Might pick it up again once its for sale for 10 euro like MoP.
    After Blizzard failed promises i do not pay top dollars for average 12 month contend cycles.
    No sir....

Pretty much this ^

i got MoP on sale for $15, and haven't even gone through its content. If WoD bring something good to the table I might bite, but I will not go through the rush and BS that accompanies the usual expansion release. Been there done that. 

• DelondialDelondial Member UncommonPosts: 124

I'll be there.

MoP for me was the least interesting Xpack to date, but I've started to get "the itch". It's mostly nostalgia calling to me, and to be honest, I'll likely only be subbed in for 2-3 months after Dreanor drops. But I'm open to the possibilities. Just going in with an open mind and no real expectations. 

Clever things.

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

The only WoW I played was the free trial, where I think you could level up to 20 or something.   And frankly that was all the WoW I needed.   It was a fun experience, but I kept shaking my head and thinking the whole time,  "why is this game so popular??"

If you had played all the games that came after WoW first, and then went and played WoW, you would call it "just another all the games that came after it clone"

The game was popular simply because it was popular.     In other words, you played it because everybody else you knew played it also.   And that made it hella fun.    But as a game WoW is and was no better and no worse than many of the games that came after it.

Everyone that played it just burned up their enthusiam for MMO's, when they realized  the sad fact that no other game would ever have that level of popularity again. 

And thats where we are today.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!