Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good bye

Comments

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

Archeage was very clear about what type of game it was from day 1.  Don't see how anybody could spend $150 join in and rage quit when the devs push for more PVP risk to get the finer things in the game.

Not to be "that guy" but can you whisper your farm location so I can get a jump on the spot when it expires? Thanks in advance.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Colt47Colt47 Member UncommonPosts: 549
    Originally posted by An4thor
    Originally posted by Astraeis
    Originally posted by Colt47

Well after reading through the main forums and looking at the mechanics I think I see why people are angry about the currency changes.  Basically, they got rid of intercontinental trading for a necessary currency.  This forces players to cross into an enemy factions territory in order to trade for said necessary currency, only there is a problem:  The PvP flag system makes it so that players can not defend themselves unless they are attacked first, and even then only that particular person may defend himself: no allies can assist the player.  

This presents a pretty nasty problem.  Lets say you have a guild of 100 people doing a zerg run for currency and they enter the enemy territory.  All that it takes to wipe out that entire 100 man team is a pair of players, who can methodically pick off the 100 man group one member at a time  (remember, only the person attacked may defend himself, everyone else is locked out from pvp).  

This sounds like a deeper problem than simply losing PvE content.  This is more like people are losing their only avenue to avoid griefing by design.

Wait. Do I understand correctly? When you are on enemy territory you are not allowed to attack the enemy, but have to wait till the enemy attacks you first?

What kind of PvP system is that? That sucks.

Only in safe zones (1-30), 30+ zones you can attack anyone. For safe zones you can't attack enemies but they can attack you at any time. However after they attack you you can attack them. That is if the ones that attacked you weren't all lvl 50s else you are dead.

Also to the one you quoted. If you actually red something you'd have also red that you can get gilda stars with daily quests. Too temepark? Get a guild and do trade runs, they are not solo content..The flagging system sucks? Go to a lvl 30+ zone.

So are you in the early access?  If you are then you probably know better about the situation than I do since I'm mostly pouring through patch notes trying to make sense of all this hooplah.  image

• sethman75sethman75 Member UncommonPosts: 212

I hope they do focus on PvP for AA.

That way all the players gather there and go away in every other game.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by Nasa
    If the game is only fun for PVPers it will be a huge success in the same scale as Dark Fall and Mortal Online

Hahahaha! Touche!

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by Greenthingg

Pvp vs pve again and forever again.

my take on this.

if you dont like interracting with other playes, gtfo MMOs.

look ar the garbage games that are released for the last few years, how they cattered to the PvE crowd, how failed they all were.

Gimme the good old days PvE PvP games where you lost XP when you died, when you had to fight other players to get  to kill a boss for an epic loot.  Gimme the DAOC, Warhammer online RvR when you had to group up with friends to stomp a zerg with a small man (and nope, ESO, GW2 both failed HARD in that dpt).

MMOs, massively multiplayer online, games, needs meaningful PvP.  Too bad for carebears, there are dozens of games that all failed for you past decade.

You're not making sense. Are you.....venting?

• hail2dathiefhail2dathief Member UncommonPosts: 232

What kills me is the fact this patch has been out on the Korean version for awhile.  All anyone had to do is go look at the current state of the Korean version to see where the game was heading before they invest $150 for Alpha access.  How can you complain about something that you knew was going to happen, months before it even happened?  Or are people just that gullible or not know that this game has been out like a yr. in Korea already?

• OminousDawnOminousDawn Member Posts: 75
    Originally posted by Greenthingg

Pvp vs pve again and forever again.

my take on this.

if you dont like interracting with other playes, gtfo MMOs.

look ar the garbage games that are released for the last few years, how they cattered to the PvE crowd, how failed they all were.

Gimme the good old days PvE PvP games where you lost XP when you died, when you had to fight other players to get  to kill a boss for an epic loot.  Gimme the DAOC, Warhammer online RvR when you had to group up with friends to stomp a zerg with a small man (and nope, ESO, GW2 both failed HARD in that dpt).

MMOs, massively multiplayer online, games, needs meaningful PvP.  Too bad for carebears, there are dozens of games that all failed for you past decade.

And how many successful MMORPG's games catering to the PvP crowd can you name?

Count down till they shout out the lone semi successful PvP game who has the unique distinction of being deemed successful despite the fact that it has never had a player base larger than 500k. 

3 ... 2 ... 1 ... all together now ..... EVE!

Don't get me wrong, 500K is good for a niche crowd but it's peanuts compared to many PvE centric games which have come an gone with much larger player bases upon release.  And before you focus on the "came and gone." and "upon release" bear in mind that there is a lot more competition in the PvE game market that encourages game hopping causing PvE game player bases to fluctuate greatly. 

Eve, on the other hand, succeeds because it has no competition.

Another point to ponder ... How large do you estimate the player base would be for a lone PvE game with no competition?  Let me give you a hint, WoW topped at over 13 MILLION subscribers at one point in its life cycle, and that was with an onslaught of emergent competition.

Something to think about.

Archeage will have PvE server.  It may not happen before six to 12 months after release but it will happen.  That is just a given.  Aion was very much like AA.  PvP did not start there till level 30 just like AA.  I suppose they never bothered to ask NCSoft about their experience with Aion in this regard.  Oh well, some developers never learn. 

But that they will. 

The game you are looking for requiring no PvE completion and where you can just jump in and start mindlessly shooting at people is that way - >>>>

... it's called an FPS.

Quit ruining the MMORPG genre with your constant "PvE grind" whines.

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

im confused, i keep seeing people say without pve players the pvpers wont have people to kill.

this makes no sense to me since you guys are quitting because you have to go into enemy land to get mats so this means you didnt go there to begin with wich means you dont even pvp to begin with. so if you arnt even pvping now what is the difference if you leave ?

• LiquidElectronLiquidElectron Member UncommonPosts: 18

The Blizzard Generation is out in force after the 1.2 patch.  It is also baffling how anyone did not see this coming, a quick Google search could have told every single player what was going to be done. 

The official AA forums are thread after thread of 'this is pointless' and 'roll it back' and my favorite 'I want a refund'.  They can't have their rollback, a refund, and sincerely hope they go running back to WoW, Wildstar, ESO, or whatever instant-gratification game they were playing previously.

Patch 1.2 is fantastic and it will only get better after this.

Originally posted by DrunkWolf

im confused, i keep seeing people say without pve players the pvpers wont have people to kill.

this makes no sense to me since you guys are quitting because you have to go into enemy land to get mats so this means you didnt go there to begin with wich means you dont even pvp to begin with. so if you arnt even pvping now what is the difference if you leave ?

It usually involves a process.

Most players understand the process.  It is a series of events that has occurred in every MMORPG game involving PvP since UO and Tramell.  The process must play out before the inevitable.  It is then that you will see the announcement of a PvE server.  This will happen within one year.

Mark my words.

The game you are looking for requiring no PvE completion and where you can just jump in and start mindlessly shooting at people is that way - >>>>

... it's called an FPS.

Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by OminousDawn

Don't get me wrong, 500K is good for a niche crowd but it's peanuts compared to many PvE centric games which have come an gone with much larger player bases upon release.  

...snip.....

Archeage will have PvE server.  

500K is not niche for a MMORPG - you can't factor WoW into the equation because they are an anomaly. Take WoW out of the equation and 500K is not niche.

What PvE MMO game has 500K active players today? Not ESO, not Wildstar, not FF14, not Rift... TSW.. nope, GW2 - nope

There are none.

Also what is the most popular game in the world that is played more than most MMORPGs combined - League of Legends - which is a PvP (moba) game. LoL has 12 million active players *per day* - think about that for a second. 

Also Archeage will NEVER have a PvE server - the game is a guild vs guild game by design - Jake Song already said this will never happen. So don't even go there.

You don't know this.  Very few, If any, F2P PvE MMORPG's release active player base numbers.  We do know, for a fact, that many of them have released subscriber numbers totaling in the millions.  Beside the ones you mentioned, there is also GW2, TERA, FFXIV, and there are many more.  

Regarding LoL ... that is just it.  LoL is not an MMORPG.  It is a PvP MOBA.  There is a difference.  Obviously, PvP works well with MOBA's and FPS's.  So if you are interested in PvP, that is the platform you should be playing.  How many PvE players do you find in MOBA and FPS games screaming that there isn't enough PvE in their games? 

PvP'ers are ruining the MMORPG genre.  Developers include it because they want the money knowing full well that PvP and PvE do not mix.  That is not to say that some PvE folks wouldn't mind having a little "consensual" PvP,, they just don't want to be forced into doing it.

Listen, I don't mind PvP, I just don't want it in my MMORPGs.  When I want to PvP, I'll play and FPS or MOBA game.  PvE and PvP simply do not mix.  I think that pretty much goes without saying.

... it's called an FPS.

You don't know this.  Very few, If any, F2P PvE MMORPG's release active player base numbers.  We do know, for a fact, that many of them have released subscriber numbers totaling in the millions.  GW2, TERA, FFXIV, to name a few.  And there are many more. 

Oh but we DO know this - none have released active player numbers - those million figures are registered accounts which is meaningless.

If those games had active # of players in the millions - they would have a LOT more servers because when you have a couple of million players daily - you'd need a shit ton of servers to handle so many concurrent users.

The fact that all of the games have shrunk or added very few servers means they don't have millions of active players.

That's how we know.

That is all speculation.  Players come and go.  These are F2P and B2P games.  Meaning players come and go.  That is why its so unpredictable.

BTW, how many servers does Eve have?

Exactly.

... it's called an FPS.

That is all speculation.  Players come and go.  These are F2P and B2P games.  Meaning players come and go.  That is why its so unpredictable.

Exactly.

EvE has a huge cluster of servers to handle the playerbase - it's a different architecture.

But since you're so sure

Name one PvE game that has 500K active users? Hmm?

Let me do you one better, since you want to play the infamous EVE card.

Eve has literally no competition in its PvP market.

What do you suppose the player base numbers would be if there where only one PvE game out there with no competition.  How many servers do you think would be required to house such a game?

Do pray tell.

And your saying that WoW is an anomily is the equivalent of my saying EVE is an anomily.  The fact remains that WoW is a predominantly PvE game with consensual PvP and its player base did, in fact, total over 13 MILLION players at its height, and still numbers over 7 MILLION as we speak.  You may want to call it an anomaly. 

I call it the power of the PvE player base market.

Gotta go ... I'll let you have the last word.

Great chatting with you.

... it's called an FPS.

• KaraethonKaraethon Member Posts: 33

When something does not go your way, giving up says more about you than it does about the game.  

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    You almost made it through alpha!

... it's called an FPS.

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365
    Originally posted by threefeet
    Originally posted by Ramanadjinn
    Originally posted by Nasa
    If the game is only fun for PVPers it will be a huge success in the same scale as Night Fall and Mortal Online

Its just not that dramatic.

PVE was nerfed so hard that i've stayed up all night two nights in a row doing nothing but PVE.  And I hadn't done PVE in this game in a month.

what does that even mean? pve was too hard but now that its nerfed you actually want to do it?

It has nothing to do with difficulty.

My statement was sarcastic as the patch added a maximum level PVE zone to the game with a PVE open world dungeon type area that drops lots of materials to make new costumes, items, and introduces new daily quests that are worth over 10 times the experience from the PVE quests earlier in the game.

The PVE content is a little more robust in the game now and OP makes a thread about how the game's PVE has been ruined.  I thought that deserved sarcasm.

• dandurindandurin Member UncommonPosts: 498

Man, yet another thread devolves into "sociopaths vs carebears".  I've got squares on my forehead from face-keyboarding.

The most successful sandboxes (sandparks, whatever), will cater somewhat to both crowds.

PVPers need PVE-dedicated crafters for best-in-slot gear, PVEers need willing PVPers to make risky trade runs.

So many people seem outraged that there might be some use for people not like them in the game.

Full disclosure:  I'm a solo PVE-er who's never attacked another player but has been ganked 3 times due to risky travel experiments.  The threat and how to avoid it is a fun part of the game.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Perhaps I had a different idea about this game (totally my fault for not reading up more on it) but I did not sink any money into it so I am not upset. I had some impression that PvE exclusively was possible but it may not be. I am not averse to some PvP but I like them of my choosing so no problem am not bitter or angry. Glad there are choices in this genre.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

This patch is a pvpr's wet dream.
    And Archeage just happens to play straight for this kind of players.
    Hope you find a themepark mmo that suits your needs.

For me Archeage is getting better and better.
    Its been a long time we had a mmo like this <3

• RylahRylah Member UncommonPosts: 194

There is this game. Advertised as sandpark. With open world PvP, player factions, piracy, territory control and castle sieges....

And then there comes the OP and complains about the game having non-consensual PvP...

Like a vegan going to a steakhouse and complaining there's meat on the menu.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

Exactly.

EvE has a huge cluster of servers to handle the playerbase - it's a different architecture.

But since you're so sure

Name one PvE game that has 500K active users? Hmm?

Let me do you one better, since you want to play the infamous EVE card.

Eve has literally no competition in its PvP market.

What do you suppose the player base numbers would be if there where only one PvE game out there with no competition.  How many servers do you think would be required to house such a game?

Do pray tell.

And your saying that WoW is an anomily is the equivalent of my saying EVE is an anomily.  The fact remains that WoW is a predominantly PvE game with consensual PvP and its player base did, in fact, total over 13 MILLION players at its height, and still numbers over 7 MILLION as we speak.  You may want to call it an anomaly. 

I call it the power of the warcraft 3 playerbase market.

Gotta go ... I'll let you have the last word.

Great chatting with you.

Fixed that typo most people who have no clue that WoW had 3 games behind it and a big arse following before it was even thought of by its game devs.

• ShiftlessShiftless Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by eyesadi

A/A is a VERY fun game to play.....but with the now 80/20 split and crafting requiring mats that come from the PVP side continent...there's just no reason for a pve'er to play.

I truly can't wait now (absent further changes) for all you pvp'ers to start crying about the lack of sheep.

As in a previous comment......no other true PVP game has survived well much past release.

The sad truth is that while not ALL pvp'ers are gankers.....most are!  They really do not desire a fair fight.....they just wanna pick on the sheep.......

I don't understand why Trion simply does not offer a PVE server.  Yea, I've read all the comments that this is a PVP based game.  Truth is.......it does not have to be!

Let us care bears wander around gathering and crafting to our hearts content without being picked on by the folks that got to max level on release day!

Why not let the market decide?  Just see where the majority of players land.  

It really is a great game..........Except for the gankers who do nothing but live for the thrill of killing players far below their level...

I just don't understand........it's akin to playing any game and killing grey mobs.....wheres the skill in THAT?

Or.....limit PVP to a toon your level or higher.......such simple fixes.............and yet.....

So your complaint isn't really about PVE content.  It's about the crafting/trade systems.  Okay...  You can buy the intercontinental trade materials on the auction house.  I guess that's a negative on your list.  Look at the positive side friend: EVERYTHING using those materials (mostly Viscous Glossy Oil) has spiked in price dramatically.  You make more money, with less effort.

Or you do post-war trade runs with your guild/friends (is that another problem, if so, I might be able to help).  It can be dicey, but a trade ship with five people on it will usually survive the Dewstone -> Ynestre run if you're using fuel/meteors.  One run will net you enough materials to last a while.

Most of the best gathering areas are non-PVP zones where you can't be ganked.  Leveling though gathering/crafting? They just upped the proficiency gain rate and experience  while giving you double labor a tick.  If anything you should be complaining about the offline labor nerf of the increase in labor applied to all simple crafts (bricks, ingots, leather etc.).

Want to fish and not be bothered by gankers?  Eels in the lake in Two Crowns.  Some of the best gold in the game.  Pissed that your Gilda-faucet got turned off?  That does kinda' suck...  But...  As stated above, cross-continent trade isn't "that" bad.  You just need to watch for regions going into actual War, and hit them right as it ends.

Oh...  And in reply to your comment from the other post:  EVE Online is a 100% PVP game.  It's been around for a decade.  ArcheAge is EVE w/ swords.  Or at least trying to be.  A real PVE complaint would have been about the mana regeneration nerf.

• zzaxzzax Member UncommonPosts: 324

I'm looking for mmo with decent pvp and OP story piqued my curiosity about AA.

Could someone link to the patch that scared this guy so much?

• OrgoneOrgone Member Posts: 90

Wee bit of perspective here.

It is obvious, and Trion themselves have made it abundantly clear , consistently, that this game is a PVP game.

There are pve things all over the place to do. Game was set to easy mode, and the pve crowd got their farms and settled in. Unfortunately, the inconvenience of pvp slowed their progress rate.

It is still perfectly viable to pve all the way to max level, by questing, gathering, farming, trading etc etc etc You just won't be going to an awful lot of the map, won't be doing much sailing, won't be exploring other continents etc etc.

And you definitely will be miserable in the game, unless you are guilded and provided with mats etc. to become some legendary type crafter (and labour points will make that, quite rightly, difficult to achieve, and few will manage it)

What folk are really bleating about is that they want to go to the areas which are complately pvp, but nobody bother them.

That is not going to happen in this game.

(and in case anybody is interested, I cant be bothered with pvp as a rule, but I have had the best times since swg launch and first year so I have every intention of leaving a trail of player corpses wyhenever prodded.)

This discussion has been closed.