Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hard to believe this madness is for a 9 year old MMO.

2»

Comments

• Colt47Colt47 Member UncommonPosts: 549
    Originally posted by Acidon.Numen
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    But it's just a beta....to a game you know you'll buy. Playing it could only detract from your experience once it goes live.....gamers really have no self restraint at all.

Which is why we have alpha access packs being sold for F2P games now.

OT, did you notice that most of the people posting were 1 post accounts?  We had a huge influx of WoW players that do not usually frequent this site.

Maybe there was a forum apocalypse on the WoW forums?  That place is pretty one sided when it comes to conversations involving the game.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Why wouldn't WoW players be interested in a sneak peak at the latest version of their game? Graphics overhaul is long overdue, hopefully performance won't suffer too much.

It's not hard to believe when you're talking about about the undisputed King of the Hill.

imageimage
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by Gravarg
    Yep, I've been telling people that from what I've seen on youtube, WoD could be considered WoW 2.  They've updated pretty much everything in the game, and find it coincidental that WoW is going back to the beginning.

That's a slight exaggeration. lol.

The only thing truly updated are the models, and i haven't even seen if there will be new customization options, such as skins, hair, faces, etc.

There will still be quests.

There will still be max-level content that the devs focus solely on.

There will still be dungeons & raids.

Everything is still the same, with only a few additions such as Garrisons.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    People that say WoW is dying are just kidding themselves. Sure it is losing steam, it isn't gaining players anymore, but they sure know how to keep players coming back. The game still has a TON of subscribers compared to any other game, and they haven't updated it for what a year now? Name an MMO that would retain that sort of population without getting updated whatsoever. People just hope it's dying, the problem is, is that it won't die. It will keep going as long as blizzard decides to release expansions. I hate to admit it but I'll probably go back for WoD, even though I'm perfectly happy with Wildstar right now. It's just how it works, they make it very enticing to go back each release, then once you get tired of the content you go onto another game for a while until you feel like playing WoW again.
  • SleepyfishSleepyfish Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by Panther2103
    People that say WoW is dying are just kidding themselves. Sure it is losing steam, it isn't gaining players anymore, but they sure know how to keep players coming back. The game still has a TON of subscribers compared to any other game, and they haven't updated it for what a year now? Name an MMO that would retain that sort of population without getting updated whatsoever. People just hope it's dying, the problem is, is that it won't die. It will keep going as long as blizzard decides to release expansions. I hate to admit it but I'll probably go back for WoD, even though I'm perfectly happy with Wildstar right now. It's just how it works, they make it very enticing to go back each release, then once you get tired of the content you go onto another game for a while until you feel like playing WoW again.

Meh post Cata WOW is not the same game at all really. I think if they released it today the way it is now it wouldnt do any better than the others. Also to keep from doing server mergers they just took a page from GW2 now you have server clusters. Back in the day Boulderfist was FULL without any help from other servers, now they cram it together with other servers to make it seem  full and alive. WOD is looking pretty low to me personally. They are basically removing skills, removing CC  and over simplifying an already over simplified game. I personally think combat in pvp is going to be an unmitigated disaster, but the keeps might keep people interested. Its obviously a pure PVE dps spike expansion. Before when i played wow I could always find something fun to do, this time it felt soulless and pointless, way to dumbed down now. 

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by threefeet
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

And the one which is supposedly on death bed for years now according to the members of this very site and is unable to generate interest in public anymore.

what madness? looks to me you just came here to drum up promotion for your favorite video game (or the one you work for), just because no one else cares enough to bring it up.

#FAIL

Yeah...no one has been talking about wow around here the last few days at all. Nice post cap'n oblivious.

• TankYou88TankYou88 Member Posts: 310

And the one which is supposedly on death bed for years now according to the members of this very site and is unable to generate interest in public anymore.

what madness? looks to me you just came here to drum up promotion for your favorite video game (or the one you work for), just because no one else cares enough to bring it up.

#FAIL

Sounds like he was talking about you...lol.

• OminousDawnOminousDawn Member Posts: 75
    Originally posted by TankYou88
    I think once you start complaining about graphics you lose all credibility as a RPG player. The best RPGs dont look good what so ever, or at least not compared to the games of the same era.  Some of the best games are from the 90s and early 00s which most gamers still go back and play.

It's called a "video" game for a reason.  Like I said, if I have to look at a game for hours on end I want to be looking at a "quality" presentation.  It's called discerning taste.  You'd have a point if I had of said I prefer graphics over game play.  But that is not what I said.  I want both good graphics and good game play and If I don't get both I will go outside and get some sun.  There is life outside of video games after all.  Your standards, however, are much lower.  You would, in fact, settle for looking at "crappy" graphics as long as it has good game play.  I don't know what that says about you but if you want to elevate yourself by calling yourself a "credible" RPG player because you don't mind playing an RPG with "crappy" graphics then more power to you. 

Regarding the so called best games from the 90s and early 00s, the graphics on those games where the state of the art in their time.  The reason "most gamers" still go back and play them is because they built a loyal following and they "tolerate" the game despite their awful graphics by today's standards.  Contrary to your biased beliefs, there are also many younger gamers who would never play those games because they are "old school," for lack of a better word.   It's called game play preferences.  And like opinions, everyone has them.

Finally, if graphics weren't so important, why is a "graphics overhaul" such a major selling point of this update.  It must obviously be important to many, and most importantly to Blizzard if they felt it necessary to invest millions in overhauling their graphics.

The game you are looking for requiring no PvE completion and where you can just jump in and start mindlessly shooting at people is that way - >>>>

... it's called an FPS.

Quit ruining the MMORPG genre with your constant "PvE grind" whines.

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

Almost 10 years friend, released Nov. 23 2004

• OminousDawnOminousDawn Member Posts: 75
    Originally posted by gondule
    I think once you start complaining about graphics you lose all credibility as a RPG player. The best RPGs dont look good what so ever, or at least not compared to the games of the same era.  Some of the best games are from the 90s and early 00s which most gamers still go back and play.

Exactly I go back and play Ultima Underworld pretty often. Then you got the OG BioWare games/Black Isle. Shit gets so deep and amazing I could never not replay them. Focusing on graphics definitely when it comes to an RPG is fucking retarded.

Really?

So what would you call someone with two post to their name and who obviously took the time out to create an account simply to troll others by calling them "retarded" simply because they don't agree with their play style preferences?

The game you are looking for requiring no PvE completion and where you can just jump in and start mindlessly shooting at people is that way - >>>>

... it's called an FPS.

Quit ruining the MMORPG genre with your constant "PvE grind" whines.

• KangaroomouseKangaroomouse Member Posts: 394
    Originally posted by Gravarg
    Yep, I've been telling people that from what I've seen on youtube, WoD could be considered WoW 2.  They've updated pretty much everything in the game, and find it coincidental that WoW is going back to the beginning.

i heard it has a graphic update, are there videos or screenshots around?

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062

Dude, don't base anything off the members of this very site.  Many users on this site are passive aggressive, bile filled, wannabe witty, internet gangsters, or trolls, or some kind of combo of all these traits.

I come here to read articles and get info on games in development or in beta, but it mostly turns into someone giving me backtalk about my thread, not actually posting about what the thread is about. 

So Wow, well, its a staple in the industry, so it will slowly fade away I think. 

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • ChicagoCubChicagoCub Member UncommonPosts: 381

Apparently nobody plays, nobody likes, nobody wants their favorite game to resemble, and developers drive their games straight off a revenue cliff trying to avoid any comparison to, the most successful MMO in the history of the genre. 

It defies explanation.

• SilverrendySilverrendy Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by OminousDawn

I've never played it.  By the time I developed an mild interest to try it, the graphics looked a bit dated.  Yes, I'm big on graphics.  If a game doesn't look good, I won't play it.  I figure If I have to look at the game for hours on end, It better look good. 

May reconsider when it goes F2P. 

Really ._. I am playing WoW exactly because of its graphics... No other game has WoW's cartoonish art style. That's what makes WoW eternal. Well, the story is good too. I really love WoW's lore. Only the gameplay needs to be improved.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873

#FAIL

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• TankYou88TankYou88 Member Posts: 310

It's called a "video" game for a reason.  Like I said, if I have to look at a game for hours on end I want to be looking at a "quality" presentation.  It's called discerning taste.  You'd have a point if I had of said I prefer graphics over game play.  But that is not what I said.  I want both good graphics and good game play and If I don't get both I will go outside and get some sun.  There is life outside of video games after all.  Your standards, however, are much lower.  You would, in fact, settle for looking at "crappy" graphics as long as it has good game play.  I don't know what that says about you but if you want to elevate yourself by calling yourself a "credible" RPG player because you don't mind playing an RPG with "crappy" graphics then more power to you. 

Regarding the so called best games from the 90s and early 00s, the graphics on those games where the state of the art in their time.  The reason "most gamers" still go back and play them is because they built a loyal following and they "tolerate" the game despite their awful graphics by today's standards.  Contrary to your biased beliefs, there are also many younger gamers who would never play those games because they are "old school," for lack of a better word.   It's called game play preferences.  And like opinions, everyone has them.

Finally, if graphics weren't so important, why is a "graphics overhaul" such a major selling point of this update.  It must obviously be important to many, and most importantly to Blizzard if they felt it necessary to invest millions in overhauling their graphics.

True RPG fans dont care like I said. Theres a reason why we still play Tabletop as well after 40 years. Stick figures are still good enough for true RPG fans.

• StzzaStzza Member UncommonPosts: 31

I enjoyed WoW for years.  Few games I have played can say that.  While I doubt I will be returning to it even though I like the direction the story is going and the changes, I am very interested to see what the Undead will look like with the overhaul.  

Seriously one of my biggest gripes at release was that UD looked like marshmallow men crammed into armor.

That being said, the only thing that will ever destroy WoW is WoW 2. in my opinion.

Playing : DayZ

Played : EVE, GW, SB, DF, AoC, WoW, WaR, L1, L2, Rift, AA, WS

Loved: DAoC, EVE, SB, old WoW, L2, GW2, EQ1-2

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    Originally posted by JoeyMMO

Why wouldn't WoW players be interested in a sneak peak at the latest version of their game? Graphics overhaul is long overdue, hopefully performance won't suffer too much.

It's not hard to believe when you're talking about about the undisputed King of the Hill.

Is this a graphics overhaul for the ENTIRE GAME or just the PC/NPC ? 

"Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• jacker1991jacker1991 Member UncommonPosts: 191

Easy to explain what's going on with WoW. Makes me sad. :(

• gondulegondule Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Originally posted by gondule

Exactly I go back and play Ultima Underworld pretty often. Then you got the OG BioWare games/Black Isle. Shit gets so deep and amazing I could never not replay them. Focusing on graphics definitely when it comes to an RPG is fucking retarded.

Really?

So what would you call someone with two post to their name and who obviously took the time out to create an account simply to troll others by calling them "retarded" simply because they don't agree with their play style preferences?

"Troll" Yeah so my opinion is any less warranted just because as you so eloquently put "So what would you call someone with two post to their name and who obviously took the time out to create an account simply to troll others by calling them retarded" Dude grow the fuck up you fucking mook. Get over it my opinion differs from yours WOAH SO FUCKING SCARY. *waves hands around*  

Adieu