Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transformers Universe Open Beta First Impression

SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

First Impressions

Play Now

Finally Optimus has come back to the building. Well sort of in Transformers Universe. You can be one of 8 Autobots or Decepticons. You start out with only 3 you can choose. The rest needs to be unlocked from in game currency. You can freely earn the currency called Relics. Or you can outright buy it to save time. So far the game seems pretty giving on the currency.

The purpose of the game is what you'd might expect. You pick a side and defend or destroy the other side. Optimus and Megatron serve as the leaders of both factions. You don't see them much however beyond quick cameo's. But the bot's that are select-able are all well made and animated.

The nuts and bolts of this game are simple. You have a limited open world map.On this map you can do quest practice with your bot. And farm relics to upgrade your bot. The quests out in the world scale towards a usual boss fight with Terrorcons. Terrorcons are bad news try and take them with a team. The other half of the game is pvp. Arena style matches winner take all slugfests.

Comments

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    Tried it out last night and was actually surprised at how much fun i had in the pvp.  the transforming from robot to car and back is pretty neat and fun. I just wish i could change the controls around i hate using the number keys for everything.