Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We were warned by the Russian's BUT!

RudderRudder Member UncommonPosts: 80

The crafting changes have changed the whole game around for the worse. This game is no longer worth bothering with. XLGames shot it'self in the foot when they put in patch 1.2 and they lost a lot of their player base. It seems they didn't care to rewrite the patch. They gave Trion everything and more of the bad things in this new patch. 1.2 or 4.0, who cares? The crafting besides a dismal failure by using RNG, is now even worse by requiring Crafting materials from the opposing faction area. It now costs even more to craft anything, and all recipes have also been changed for the worse.

If the game we are seeing now in Alpha is what XLgames/Trion plan to release, I suggest passing on this one.

Now I'm gonna get jumped on by the Fanboi's. I don't have a large farm, so it's now almost impossible for me to craft. My Aquafarm is also now useless, as nothing that is grown on it is required for the new Tailoring recipes.

Comments

• Tyr216Tyr216 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    I do believe Trion said they are launching AA from patch 1.0, not 1.2

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365
    Originally posted by Tyr216
    I do believe Trion said they are launching AA from patch 1.0, not 1.2

Trion's version of 1.2 is what they are launching with.

We have the korean 1.2 build right now on the alpha server and once its updated to english and all, that is what we go to beta with and eventually launch.

• dandurindandurin Member UncommonPosts: 498
    Originally posted by Rudder

The crafting changes have changed the whole game around for the worse. This game is no longer worth bothering with. XLGames shot it'self in the foot when they put in patch 1.2 and they lost a lot of their player base. It seems they didn't care to rewrite the patch. They gave Trion everything and more of the bad things in this new patch. 1.2 or 4.0, who cares? The crafting besides a dismal failure by using RNG, is now even worse by requiring Crafting materials from the opposing faction area. It now costs even more to craft anything, and all recipes have also been changed for the worse.

If the game we are seeing now in Alpha is what XLgames/Trion plan to release, I suggest passing on this one.

Now I'm gonna get jumped on by the Fanboi's. I don't have a large farm, so it's now almost impossible for me to craft. My Aquafarm is also now useless, as nothing that is grown on it is required for the new Tailoring recipes.

You don't even have a large farm yet you know crafting is "ruined"?

Maybe I'm wrong but it sure sounds like people are complaining that they can't just print money anymore.  

I have an aquafarm too,  gonna check it out and get back to you.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Maybe they expect you to cooperate with others to accomplish things in the game? Weird concept I realize, but so far I see them trying to build a game that requires working collaboratively to be most successful.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KarbleKarble Member UncommonPosts: 750

Sounds like you are deep into a very specific part of the game without looking at things as a whole.

From what I understand they improved the menu systems of the auction house, so if you need a part from somewhere else, you will probably be able to purchase it for a small amount on auction house and in return you can also sell things that others find harder to get to. Basically this move increases the need for commerce and deepens the game.

You can have more than one character and use different farm products for different characters and to make money. Also there are now more than one server so try to start on that server and secure what you want to instead of continuing the whole "There is no roooooom" complaint which is now a thing of the past thanks to Trion. I am not a fanboy. Just realistic. The complaints have no merit from what you have mentioned.

• RudderRudder Member UncommonPosts: 80

I do have other Alt's and am part of a guild. My crafting problems are finding Moonlight Archeum for Tailoring. My alt's also don't even have small crows down. For the first time I ran out of Labor trying to level Tailoring up since they changed the LP usage for 20 to lvl 24 Hoods at 150 LP a pop.

My options are rather limited ATM since I only have the small crow, but I have been slowly building. Asking guildmates for stuff get's old after awhile, as they also have their own needs.

The recipe changes have really screwed me up since I'm not making much gold to begin with. Guess I'll have to sell my worms now since sacks and lockboxes can no longer be  hauled in when fishing.

The Labor pool is tied to ALL Characters PER ACCOUNT and that's also across the servers. I've not seen a way to send mail to Alpha from the Omega server.

The crafting was expensive before the patch; Now it's far MORE expensive to craft anything. They also changed the XP level for the crafters to craft higher levels of gear.

Now add in New Alchemy recipes for dyes that call for  an experienced Alchemist to make. Buying from the Auctionhouse is just feeding the Gold Farmers in most cases.

Paying ton's of Gold for a space to plop a farm down is also feeding the Gold Farmers. Even though 50 now, I'm still not much of a PvP player since I always seem to get whacked first.

The PvP aspects of this game have also changed - I could care less about PvP. I do have to endure it running trade run's to the opposing factions terroritory.

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

As much as I have defended and "fan boyed" archeage in the past I am pretty annoyed at a lot of these changes. Idk how to feel about this right now but I will say that FFXIV is looking good to me again haha.
    Edit: Also I am not annoyed with Gilda changes or trade changes or anything like that because I was never afraid of cross continent trade runs (Hellswamp to Ynystere all day!) but labor, core mechanic, and "balance" changes are what are feeling broken. Also adding in unnecessary new things into the game like tempering and turbulence are just blah. I feel like certain things have been changed for the betterish, while others have been added or changed for the worse.

• OminousDawnOminousDawn Member Posts: 75

Sounds like they are aiming to make the game challenging which to me equals fun.  Everyone should not be able to achieve everything and especially not by themselves.  This is one of the reasons MMORPG's today are failing.  Lack of challenge.  Everyone being able to "achieve" by crafting/building/beating everything is the definition of a single player game.  In an MMO skill and ability should separate the best from the rest.  This in turn will encourage the average to strive to achieve what the best have accomplished.  It should not be so easy to the point that everyone accomplishes every feat with average effort.  That's just boring.  Accept and relish the challenge and strive to become the best.  Only when you have achieved that status, will you truly feel rewarded.  Effort and skill should have its just rewards.  More importantly is the question of time.  Your time is your most precious resource.  If you are going to spend it playing a game, make it worth your while. 

The game you are looking for requiring no PvE completion and where you can just jump in and start mindlessly shooting at people is that way - >>>>

... it's called an FPS.

Quit ruining the MMORPG genre with your constant "PvE grind" whines.

• galeenergaleener Member UncommonPosts: 9

Probably won't play any way.

• RudderRudder Member UncommonPosts: 80

I LOVE the PvE grind. It gives substance to the game. But this game is pushing everyone into doing PVP no matter what. It's still pointless ATM.

A big draw to this game is having Houses and Farms. However, there is a server limit to Farms and Homes. There are actually not many area's that can be built on, and what space there is does not use a snap to grid feature. This means there is a lot of wasted space in the housing area's which are certainly not square.

A lot of the landscape is unused except for background. You CAN put farm products off of these approved area's, but you will very likely lose them since the Gold Farmers will be looking for your stuff.

The land issue in Alpha is because this server is overloaded with players by design. The Omega server is already seeing good spots fill up quickly.

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Today is my first day of not playing, and I don't even have the urge to login. It just seems like they are narrowing the ways to be successful in the game to a few small possibilities as opposed to allowing everything to be strong. This feels very linear, and I don't see it changing anytime soon. I'll check back in a month or so, but at this point - I don't even care if my beach house and large farm drop.
  • NineFuriesNineFuries Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by mcrippins
    Today is my first day of not playing, and I don't even have the urge to login. It just seems like they are narrowing the ways to be successful in the game to a few small possibilities as opposed to allowing everything to be strong. This feels very linear, and I don't see it changing anytime soon. I'll check back in a month or so, but at this point - I don't even care if my beach house and large farm drop.

Was it worth your 150$????

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    The crafting besides a dismal failure by using RNG, is now even worse by requiring Crafting materials from the opposing faction area.

This is a good thing for a PvP sandbox. Shadowbane did this with the mine system and it was brilliant. Gives you reasons to pvp.

• CruizerkeCruizerke Member UncommonPosts: 68

Yeah but all that effort is very frustrating and will turn players away because of the RNG.

Let's say that you have a set of level 34 armor that has exactly the stats you worked hard to get.

To upgrade that to level 44 crafted armor, you go and fight, take all the time to get the needed materials in the enemys land.

You upgrade your level 34 armor to level 44.... BUT, due to RNG you're lucky if any of the previous sets of stats carry on to the new set.

So now you have put all that time and work into a set of 44 armor that has stats that are the complete opposite of what you needed.

That is the biggest and most frustrating thing about crafting with RNG in AA.

I have not played in Trions Alpha, but I did level 2 characters to 50 along with grinding up armor crafting when the Russian Beta opened. It was frustrating then, with these new difficulties added, I dread even trying it on release.

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Originally posted by Cruizerke

Yeah but all that effort is very frustrating and will turn players away because of the RNG.

Let's say that you have a set of level 34 armor that has exactly the stats you worked hard to get.

To upgrade that to level 44 crafted armor, you go and fight, take all the time to get the needed materials in the enemys land.

You upgrade your level 34 armor to level 44.... BUT, due to RNG you're lucky if any of the previous sets of stats carry on to the new set.

So now you have put all that time and work into a set of 44 armor that has stats that are the complete opposite of what you needed.

That is the biggest and most frustrating thing about crafting with RNG in AA.

I have not played in Trions Alpha, but I did level 2 characters to 50 along with grinding up armor crafting when the Russian Beta opened. It was frustrating then, with these new difficulties added, I dread even trying it on release.

Are you saying prior, you could make a set of armor at whatever level , roll the stats you wanted, then just upgrade it over and over with the same stats? What did you do at max level for crafting?

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Originally posted by OminousDawn

Sounds like they are aiming to make the game challenging which to me equals fun.  Everyone should not be able to achieve everything and especially not by themselves.  This is one of the reasons MMORPG's today are failing.  Lack of challenge.  Everyone being able to "achieve" by crafting/building/beating everything is the definition of a single player game.  In an MMO skill and ability should separate the best from the rest.  This in turn will encourage the average to strive to achieve what the best have accomplished.  It should not be so easy to the point that everyone accomplishes every feat with average effort.  That's just boring.  Accept and relish the challenge and strive to become the best.  Only when you have achieved that status, will you truly feel rewarded.  Effort and skill should have its just rewards.  More importantly is the question of time.  Your time is your most precious resource.  If you are going to spend it playing a game, make it worth your while. 

This is the reason, people like to play alone and they don't want to depend on others. We need more MMO's they you need to rely on others, I don't get why people have such a problem with it.. If they can't solo everything, then the game sucks.!!

Go play Skyrim if you want to play alone , its called a MMO for a reason .!!! If I made AA, I would allow one character per account and force group play more...

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Originally posted by NineFuries
    Originally posted by mcrippins

Was it worth your 150$????

Yes and No. This has been one of the most fun games i've played in years. Had a great time, and played everytime since alpha. This patch to me kinda reminds me of the NGE except nowhere near as harsh. 

• Gank4FunGank4Fun Member Posts: 10

This patch is so awesome!

Gankfest 2014!!!

ArcheAge - A gankers dream come true!

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

So 1.2 not > then 1.0 ?

i heard 1.2 > 1.0. And 1.0 causing mass exodus. where they all wrong ? 

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

..., is now even worse by requiring Crafting materials from the opposing faction area. It now costs even more to craft anything, ...

Maybe im missing something abut this (not playing alfa) but in this case there is at least 2 options, right?

1 - Get the needed mats with a pvp group. So, pvpers are happy.

or

2 - As a pver, produce mats that oposite faction needs, sell it in AH and then buy the needed ones. So, pvers are happy.

Or this second option is not possible for some reason?

• drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506
    Originally posted by OminousDawn

great post

• SkaldirSkaldir Member UncommonPosts: 48

Crafted gear was already RNG with different set items you could obtain from seals you craft. Now they add another layer of huge effort to worsen the crafting RNG. Needing to do endless trade runs for some basic materials you need for crafting gear will most likely lead to a set item you don't want, apart from RNG rarity.

You can say more effort for gear is better, I agree, but in ArcheAge it's just grinding, just what the Koreans love. Leveling from 51-55 in the content patch we'll get when our version will be released (couple months/year), will be a huuuuge grind. Going from 49-50 requires about 250k XP, 50-51 over 3 million XP and it scales up. How to reach this? Grind the new Library dungeon (that we can already play on Alpha now).

Want to get a very good weapon? Grind Hasla (a zone that has mobs dropping runes to craft various high-end weapons), literally nobody will tell you it's fun, it's horrid, but they still do it because they want to be competitive in this PvP game.

Large number of players actually grind PvE mobs for couple hours to get some gold in Alpha. This game is not for casual players, grinders will love it though.

For me this game is just way too much grinding and will be more grindy with patch 1.2 and 55 level cap. Don't expect to play for 3 hours a day and be competitive.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Illudo

Crafted gear was already RNG with different set items you could obtain from seals you craft. Now they add another layer of huge effort to worsen the crafting RNG. Needing to do endless trade runs for some basic materials you need for crafting gear will most likely lead to a set item you don't want, apart from RNG rarity.

You can say more effort for gear is better, I agree, but in ArcheAge it's just grinding, just what the Koreans love. Leveling from 51-55 in the content patch we'll get when our version will be released (couple months/year), will be a huuuuge grind. Going from 49-50 requires about 250k XP, 50-51 over 3 million XP and it scales up. How to reach this? Grind the new Library dungeon (that we can already play on Alpha now).

Want to get a very good weapon? Grind Hasla (a zone that has mobs dropping runes to craft various high-end weapons), literally nobody will tell you it's fun, it's horrid, but they still do it because they want to be competitive in this PvP game.

Large number of players actually grind PvE mobs for couple hours to get some gold in Alpha. This game is not for casual players, grinders will love it though.

For me this game is just way too much grinding and will be more grindy with patch 1.2 and 55 level cap. Don't expect to play for 3 hours a day and be competitive.

Lots of casual games for folks that don't want to be competitive .....hell who wants to play a game that takes more than 2 weeks to reach end game

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Originally posted by DMKano

Some people are very resistant to change - anything new = bad.

Give it some time see how it plays out - submit feedback (still alpha after all) - and if it's really hated Trion will ask XL to change it for US/EU.

But completely dismissing a MMO that's still in Alpha less than 24 hours after a big patch is just way overreacting IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeB4hW-ZTFQ

It's not an alpha, so stop saying it is. Trion are not developing the game from the ground up. The game is feature complete all they are doing is localization and server testing. That is not an alpha.

• SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795
    I would interested for AA if it was released 2-3 years ago, but not today. It feels like an old game already.

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2