Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interested in Lineage 2, worth trying?

Comments

• JukanJukan Member UncommonPosts: 325

Originally posted by soltyspl
    And the most sad thing is - L2 could be an excellent game, as the fixes (along with brutally needed improvements in quite many cases) could be done in few months. And should be the priority instead of adding rabbit ears, cat ears, or new grind layer called fishing.

I have to agree with you there! This game is good...but has many flaws! One being that the economy is extreamly, if not impossible to get a hold of. When you figure out how to use the economy to your liking, then the grind really starts to kick in. I have played this game for over a year, and still haven't hit the first level wall. My clan leader has, and I know that it starts to really become a [censored]. I guess at 65+ it becomes near impossible.

I just don't want to admit to myself that I have wasted all this time in a coorupted game. I mean roughly $200 dollars and 1000+ hours to play a meaningless game when you can just cheat and bot, and it seems like nothing is done. Wasting my time where I could have definately done something better with it...that is what pisses me off. The visious cycle is that you don't want to give up because you don't want all the previous time and money wasted, but if you keep paying and playing you are still giving NCsoft your money and your time.

I would just go to another game, but it will end up comming to the same conclusion. A corportation likes money more than it likes a good game. Current MMO concepts are 90% all the same, even WoW; and guildwars isn't really an MMO...but more or less a Diablo II. The only difference with WoW and GW is that it requires a lot less time to complete something, giving you a sense of accomplishment instead of a gruiling grind that can sometimes feel like bamboo being shuved between your finger nails; and in turn making it seem more fun. Do these games have better concepts...most definately...in some areas...and it some areas Lineage 2 is definatly far superior. 

I think I support this game in the hopes that it will become better, and that more people will make the game change. But now I am starting to realize that this may all be impossible. Right now I say to myself, oh wow C4 will make this game great...then I see C4 and hope for C5.

Maybe one day NCsoft will finally let North America have a L2 development team, so it isn't based off of Koreans wanting to buy their pizza and sterios with their farmed adena...and base it more aroudn what NA wants...and that is fun!

The only reason I am still here besides wanting to experience the high end content I have been paying for and not call all that previous time a waste, is to chill with my friends. A few of my RL friends play this game (ones from far away) and we can chill in this game. I would be 95% sure that if my friends decided to quit...so would I...and I bet they feel the same!

So if anyone knows a game like Lineage 2, except without all the crap that comes with it...then please tell me. I have done the private server thing, but I don't like the idea of the possibility of my character being wiped.

• MmoSwanMmoSwan Member Posts: 134

[quote]Originally posted by Jukan
    [b]Oh and BTW... L2blah.com doesn't show the real lineage 2 community. 90% are 16 year old scum bags that cheat, and say that they always bot. Sometimes they say they do and they don't even do it, they just like to get a rise out of people![/quote]

You know any well visited boards apart of L2Blah and L2Orphus? At least for Erica they are actually are relevant. You find the ppl from the strongest alli (famous for their botting, ebaying and griefing) there and their nearly only enemy (the leadering clan of it is famous for their ebaying and sitting in afk farmer trains).

A max of 30% of the L2 community uses bots. 20% of that is Farmers. 7% is useing a bot for a healer while they play. 1% is for AFK botting. 2% Is usually for assistance in PvP or running their away stores! These aren't perfect estimations of course, these are just assumptions for how much I do see.
    Most of the players in L2 are legit, and are proud of it. Most people that didn't like the grind or economy either quit all togeather or joined private servers.

I don't agree with those numbers. I don't play actively on my own account anymore but I still got the retail game installed and sometimes login on friends accounts to play together with them if they need someone to play their alt/healer/whatever. Last weekend we went to various catacombs to train farmers and botters and we found a lot of them.

In the first catacomb we found a single room with legit looking players. The rest was either afk, didn't speak english or was part of a bot train. We also saw a lot of people sitting afk in the middle of a room while a bot train/farmer group ran and ran.

The second catacomb was a little better but also a lot of ppl with names like jkkkkjjlllllj in trains and in the middle of the room always 1-2 clan afk leeching from them.

But that might vary from server to server.

[quote]This game is highly misunderstood, and that misunderstanding is what gives this game a low rating and whatnot. I fell for it one time, and quit for a little while becuase of it...but then I relaized that 99% of all MMOs are like this, and people have no clue what they are talking about.[/b][/quote]

I don't think I really misunderstand the game. What I dislike about it is how NcSoft does't give a -_- about its paying customers and let the cheaters roam wild. It's a bad joke that a lot of private servers can at least do the bot hunter job a lot better then the producers of the game. And seriously, if you look at the free l2 server emulator written in Java you'll see it's possible to detect L2Walker *automatically* and auto ban all players using it. Someting NcSoft says that it's not possible Oo

TheSwan

|| Languages for gamers: http://gamerslingo.com
    /where God
    ERROR: Target could not be found
    /target Believer
    /skill science
    You missed your target since Believer ignores science
    /skill logic
    You missed your target since Believer traded all his INT for faith.

• ziabatsuziabatsu Member UncommonPosts: 150

I'd like to think of banning botter's as.. "Non-profitable"

• SorrowhoSorrowho Member Posts: 581

[quote]Originally posted by MmoSwan
    [b][quote]Originally posted by Torak
    [quote]
    Originally posted by MmoSwan

They don't even argue about having them bought. The only thing they discuss with their enemies about is if they paid $350 or $500 per TH. As if it really would matter if you paid $1400 or $2000 for a few gaming chars. In another posting they annouced that they have a budget of around $20k for this year but that could also have been ment as a joke. Who really knows? But it's not impossible since they talk a lot of what they buy next ;P

TheSwan[/b][/quote]

hehe Erica, is or was a bit screwed i still remember when everyone in Giran died from some merchant mob cause the third Dawn seal won or something like that, but yere some spends 1000$ dollers on a character so they don´t have to start over...
    but seriosly botting is bannable and they have been large bans off Clans cause most off em botted, i think your overreacting a bit, offcourse the custormor service from Ncsoft sucks i only got help from em 1 or 2 times since C1

but yere some spends 1000$ dollers on a character so they don´t have to start over...

I wished it was that way but seriously, it isn't. It's not the first 4 accounts he bought, i know of more high level accounts he bought to give it to friends so they can play with him and their clan gets stronger. And I won't even start to talk about the buff bot army they got.

Also they pay to sit in bot/farmer trains whey they don't pvp.

But it's not just them. Their main enemy is mostly ebayed chars too and of course they sit afk in bot/farmer trains, as well ;P

but seriosly botting is bannable and they have been large bans off Clans cause most off em botted, i think your overreacting a bit, offcourse the custormor service from Ncsoft sucks i only got help from em 1 or 2 times since C1

You know a single case where a non afk bot train was banned outside of the big one time bannings? One of the bigger farmer companies there is playing most of their accounts since open beta. They lost half of their active botting accounts on that big bannings that happened exactly once since open beta. The rest of the bots still runs 24/7. How long is the game online now? Nearly 2 years of 24/7 botting from an chinese ip and half f the accounts are still not banned? xD

At least we agree on their customer service. Still can't believe that many of their GM on the north american servers don't understand english. At least that's what their answers that rarely fitted the question looked like.

What i also can agree on is that it might be an Erica problem. I heard from many that went to others servers that there're a lot of cheaters too but that Erica is the worst. But it still means, that it can happen on any other server since NcSoft denies to do their admin/gm job properly.

TheSwan

/where God
    /target Believer
    /skill science
    /skill logic

but seriosly botting is bannable and they have been large bans off Clans cause most off em botted, i think your overreacting a bit, offcourse the custormor service from Ncsoft sucks i only got help from em 1 or 2 times since C2

You know a single case where a non afk bot train was banned outside of the big one time bannings? One of the bigger farmer companies there is playing most of their accounts since open beta. They lost half of their active botting accounts on that big bannings that happened exactly once since open beta. The rest of the bots still runs 24/7. How long is the game online now? Nearly 2 years of 24/7 botting from an chinese ip and half f the accounts are still not banned? xD

on Teon 3 days or a week ago a entire clan, or most off the clan members got banned for botting...
    Farmers are really something else, ncsoft rarly bans em that´s correct but botting will defintly get you banned at some point

Originally posted by Sorrowho
    on Teon 3 days or a week ago a entire clan, or most off the clan members got banned for botting...Farmers are really something else, ncsoft rarly bans em that´s correct but botting will defintly get you banned at some point

What exactly were they baned for, do you know? NcSoft sometimes bans afk bot shops (most run them overnight because L2 is a memory/resource hog), but i never heard of non afk bot trains that got banned.

TheSwan

/where God
    /target Believer
    /skill science
    /skill logic

Originally posted by Sorrowho
    on Teon 3 days or a week ago a entire clan, or most off the clan members got banned for botting...Farmers are really something else, ncsoft rarly bans em that´s correct but botting will defintly get you banned at some point

What exactly were they baned for, do you know? NcSoft sometimes bans afk bot shops (most run them overnight because L2 is a memory/resource hog), but i never heard of non afk bot trains that got banned.

TheSwan

Botting, the clan members botted or some off em and they got banned

Botting, the clan members botted or some off em and they got banned

Wish you'd knew if he was afk botting or anything.

Basically it seemed to be safe to do the following things:

- Run non afk bots/bot trains where a single person answers all alerts eg player messages or gm messages
    - Run a afk bot (train) and let your main sit afk and leech xp. Even if your afk bots get reported your leeching main won't get banned
    - Sit in farmer trains (real players and bots) and leech xp afk sitting

It always was dangerous to do the following thing:

- afk botting
    - run l2w shop over night
    - swearing in english

And no, I am not saying you won't get caught for the above things. What I say is that i met a lot of ppl that did that for 6-12 months and longer, often 24h a day and never had a problem. I've been asking on the forums to find cases of people that got banned for non afk botting or sitting in bot trains/paid farmer trains and didn't found anybody ;P

Chii

/where God
    /target Believer
    /skill science
    /skill logic

• tirallumtirallum Member UncommonPosts: 205

Features:

*Leveling system broken because of powerleveling. Just party AFK with a high lvl character. Or level up with people of your same level if you do not have proper social in-game relations and then take 100x time to level. Not to speak about bots (very used in farmer parties where just one guy can handle them). Bots are allowed if you do not leave them AFK and can answer the game master inquiries.

*Economic system broken because of the shitload of farmers and everybody and his mother ebaying gold. Now they also farm raid bosses, yahooo! Note I do not have anything against farmers, but their over presence has concequences. Annoying vendor system where hundreds of people remain AFK in every city at their selling spots.

*Frustating crafting system (%succes rate at endgame crafting recipes) that needs many many reagents in quantities only reachable for farming (carebear/chinese) guilds.

*Little variety of armor and weapons. Top grade ones overpriced (ebay). Little choice when armor and weapons have so much importance.

*Interface that uses the F keys to cast actions. Nearly no customization at all of the interface. Poing&click movement. One actions/spell queue. No skills involved, the one with better weapon/armor/overpowered class wins.

Anyway:

*Carebears die in this game. It's good!! ::::17:: If you played WoW you hate them anyway.

*You can also be a griefer!!!!!! But if you are griefed by a main clan, be ready to leave the server. Karma system useless in this situation.

*Castle sieges, nice if you do not mind all the above. HAha.

All in all:

*Plz... If you already have ingame relations I suppose it's ok to continue playing the game. But begin from zero with all the issues posted above is crazy.

*The newbe buffs and item renew system for 1st time characters is useless. Well, actually farmers take advantage of the newbe buffs.

*Like a korean said sometime ago, "in korea people do not play lineage for fun, they play it for money".

So, in my opinion, forget you ever heard about a game called Lineage 2. You can bypass the hard leveling (haha, joke, it never ends). You can bypass the hard money farming. You just need to know the right people and the right procedures. You can ebay as a procedure, but be ready to spend hundreds of $$. The rest of mortals be ready for the largest timesink ever existed and with little rewards or fun.

• SeanRPSeanRP Member Posts: 106

Like i've said before, dont listen to the idiots on this board. If your not a cheater, love having a good community, and don't like just playing a game for 1 month and then never looking at it again, Try L2.

Ignore the guys who bot,scam and E-bay, because there spending real life $$$ to be Uber, and that should make you L-O-L as you run by them

• tirallumtirallum Member UncommonPosts: 205

Originally posted by SeanRP
    Like i've said before, dont listen to the idiots on this board. If your not a cheater, love having a good community, and don't like just playing a game for 1 month and then never looking at it again, Try L2.
    Ignore the guys who bot,scam and E-bay, because there spending real life $$$ to be Uber, and that should make you L-O-L as you run by them

Feel free to feel comfortable with idiots not only in this board but also ingame :p Yeah, just close your eyes at bots, ebayers and scammers... Just as NCSoft does :-/ It's a feature after all. Sorry to burst your bubble, but although the game is very good, the community management and zero cheater control destroys the gaming experience.

The grind is long, but if you like such things it´s defintly worth a try...
    sure the game has Farmer´s aldo if you ask em nicly for a room they likey to leave since most off em aren´t running in Bot modes anymore but just pressing macros...
    the game has botter´s but they are being banned, farmer´s seems to be harder to get banned...
    ebayer´s yere they exist to dont know why they might as well go play a FPS shooter game instead :S

• evolution03evolution03 Member Posts: 8
    i dont think lineage2 worth playing
  • dalevi1dalevi1 Member Posts: 829

Actually, I am really wishing I had seen this thread before I purchased this game. Any MMO, and I mean ANY MMO(!) that is advocated by players, followed by, "Oh whatch out for 1), 2), 3), 4), 5), (and even!) 6)" points, is not worth your time or money. Life is too short to put up with this type of $#@!. Do yourselves a big favor (and I only played this game for a week), find a game where both the company and players play ethically. This is the game for scammers.

Played (more than a month): SWG, Second Life, Tabula Rasa, Lineage 2, Everquest 2, EvE, MxO, Ryzom.

Tried: WoW, Shadowbane, Anarchy Online, Everquest, WWII Online, Planetside

Beta: Lotro, Tabula Rasa, WAR.

Again, you only spent a week playing the game, you didnt experiance anything in that amount of time. If you dont have the patience then thats fine, but no one should be taking your feelings to heart. I've been playing for 6 months and theres still things i havnt seen or done.

Did you even get to PvP anyone at your own level?

• soltysplsoltyspl Member UncommonPosts: 58

In that week he experienced 99.99% of the gameplay L2 has to offer for a legit player.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DStuff

• QuaythescusQuaythescus Member Posts: 11

I take pride in the fact that I and my crew can play the game in the midst of people who play in unsavory fashion. (be it cheating, griefin, scamming, etc).

If you are looking for a game that holds your hand and saves you from the baddies of your world, then L2 is definitely not yout game.

But I log on (almost) every day to prove that honorable players can survive and make a difference.

Of course, it's quite obvious that some people don't have the heart or the stomach for tough situations.

Honor | Discipline | Reputation
    The Equalizers
    www.arktic.net/clan

• xero191xero191 Member Posts: 2

hi all i wanna play L 2 too but i have problems with installing the game well i installed it downloaded it and also the patch 1.4 and 1.3 i still can't play it:S

if u install teh patch u will choose somewhere 2 servers but i don't gte the 2 servers i think my PC passes that part but i just don't get it plz help me ! i'm a MMORPG fan i played guild wars and WoW

I dont understand what the problem is. If you updated through the official L2 site then you should get right through and have 9 servers to choose from.
  • PortaPorta Member Posts: 33

If you are coming from WoW as your first MMO experience, then regardless of how "experienced" you feel you were in WoW, Lineage 2 is going to be a giant leap in terms of difficulty, for all of the reasons listed within this thread.

The Lineage series are what I would consider an "Advanced Mode" title, where WoW is what I would consider "Beginner Mode". Going from WoW straight to Lineage will buy you a lot of frustration. The level curve is a LOT slower than anything a WoW player may have experienced. Where you can get a character to level 60 in WoW if you know what you're doing, you might get a character to level 30 in Lineage 2 within the same period of time powergaming... which is still gank fodder. Unless you're buying adena, items and equipment from the likes of IGE, things do not come easily in this game. It will be a long time before you amass any kind of "wealth" for yourself. It will be months before you develop your character to any sort of level playing field.

In my opinion, you might want to try something more middle-ground, like DAoC.

Addicted to MMO's since '98.

No point listing my game titles, classes & levels. Accomplishing anything in an MMO these days is so bloody common that nobody really gives a crap.

Originally posted by xero191
    hi all i wanna play L 2 too but i have problems with installing the game well i installed it downloaded it and also the patch 1.4 and 1.3 i still can't play it:S
    if u install teh patch u will choose somewhere 2 servers but i don't gte the 2 servers i think my PC passes that part but i just don't get it plz help me ! i'm a MMORPG fan i played guild wars and WoW

it sounds like your trying to connect to a private server?? if you are, theys no one who can help you here go to the private servers boards or helpinformation

• playerapXplayerapX Member Posts: 6

ill make this short: l2 is a good game iv been playing for 2 1/2 years its full of pvp...yes alot of drama and polotics awsome graphics overall i rate it a 9

• RhevinRhevin Member UncommonPosts: 611

The only reason I see playing Lineage ][ public servers is for the graphics and soundtrack. Not sure what the forum etiquette is on private servers, but if the public servers were run like some of the private servers I may actually pay for the game. The grind is a joke. The quests are a joke. The bots are a joke. The economy is a joke. There are definately better games out there. Just my two coppers.

Originally posted by Rhevin
    The only reason I see playing Lineage ][ public servers is for the graphics and soundtrack. Not sure what the forum etiquette is on private servers, but if the public servers were run like some of the private servers I may actually pay for the game. The grind is a joke. The quests are a joke. The bots are a joke. The economy is a joke. There are definately better games out there. Just my two coppers.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/load/forums/loadforum/496/loadthread/58293/setstart/1/loadclass/170
    there, about private servers...

can´t see why you want the offcial servers to run with no players, no assictence from gms, whipe at any moment or the biggest resaon no grind at all cause off 10x rates, not to mention a lot off other things, but i guess it depends on what kind off person you are, if they was a better game then lineage2 for me i would leave but they arent at the moment...