Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your Class Choice as Chosen by the Stars

JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353

Even if you don't believe, see where you stand for fun, you may be surprised! 

Aries (Fire): Fire Mage / Summoner

- Woah slow down! you have literal fire in your eyes! Watch where you point those flames! How did you summon an army of demons to do your bidding!? As the first zodiac sign and bringer of Spring, you are full of life and energy and others find you inspirational. You have no problem taking charge.

Taurus (Earth): Druid / Necromancer

- You are deeply grounded and believe preservation of life is key to sustainable living and happiness for all creatures. You are strong in your beliefs and take this seriously..... sometimes.... too seriously.

Gemini (Air): Illusionist / Mystic

- You could convince someone out of their ship while sailing in the middle of the ocean during a Kraken attack! Who are you again?

Cancer (Water): Frost Mage / Seer

- Your intuition and raw emotion allow you to sense your enemies actions, strategies, and thinking. Some repress all of these powerful emotions inside for too long....that you could kill someone with your icy stare.

Leo (Fire): Warrior / Barbarian

- Magic is for the weak, you only need your own two hands! There is glory to be reaped, hearts to be won!

Virgo (Earth): Apothecary / Engineer

- Generally not gifted with actual magic, You use what is available to you to help in any way possible. You are a tinkerer, and craftsman, and a medicine-man. In times of peril you assist others from the goodness of your heart. In peace times you know how to charge a pretty penny for your services.

Libra (Air): Paladin / Death Knight

- You are the pinnacle of Justice and Truth. You will stop at nothing to ensure that order is maintained and goals are accomplished. You don't mind carrying others so long as they appreciate you. When all is said and done everyone who serves you is well rewarded. You are full of conviction; lets just hope it is for a holy cause.

Scorpio (Water): Warlock / Dark Magi

- Your Planet is Pluto, your feelings are as the bottom of the ocean. You have many secrets, dark secrets.

Sagittarius (Fire): Priest  / Vampire (Blood Magic)

- Your vibration is high, you are a valued teacher and others revel in listening to you speak. You value abundance/pleasure in all forms. You go where you please and at your own quick pace. Wait is this wine?

Capricorn (Earth): Archer / Survivalist / Bounty Hunter

- Once you have your goal in your sights, you strike with deadly precision! And with such grace!

Aquarius (Air): Assassin/Rogue

so mysterious...!, such intrigue!

Pisces (Water): Shaman / Witch Doctor

-You have no concept of reality, it is what you make it. You take on others' pain in order to understand them and heal them. You are here to bring us to a higher plane... or maybe you have gone mad?

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile

Comments

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

just like most astrological garbage, it aims at a generalization that fits any sign

I am a Sagittarius and play Shamans or Rangers exclusively

• Ket_VilianoKet_Viliano Member UncommonPosts: 271

I have long felt that Astrology has a lot to offer in the way of color, character, and theme, to an RPG.

Very nice.

• Ket_VilianoKet_Viliano Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Originally posted by Myrdynn

just like most astrological garbage, it aims at a generalization that fits any sign

Astrology is only generalized in newspapers, if you get into it, it is very particular and personal. Try looking up 'rising sign' as a first step, and figure out the difference between natal and horary for a second.

What is your rising sign, and do you have any conjunctions in your natal chart?

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Originally posted by Ket_Viliano

I have long felt that Astrology has a lot to offer in the way of color, character, and theme, to an RPG.

Very nice.

I feel the same. Rift makes good use of the elements personality, wildstar more recently and many older RPGs as well. Elder Scrolls sort of have their own star signs, but same idea

Originally posted by Myrdynn

Astrology is only generalized in newspapers, if you get into it, it is very particular and personal. Try looking up 'rising sign' as a first step, and figure out the difference between natal and horary for a second.

What is your rising sign, and do you have any conjunctions in your natal chart?

In many Eastern counties, Astrology is much more understood and accepted. It does generalize, nobody is the same and we all live different lives. It looks for common patterns and traits. But hey, if you don't believe I won't change your mind, it was just for fun. :P

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Since Divination and Astrology arent real Science i stopped caring about that a long time ago.

With that said, im Libra. My favorite magicians are Pyromancers and Blood Magic. I like Shamans as spiritual leaders which led me to play shamans in wow and other games and it became my #1 class in mmos. I dont have a favorite melee class but i started loving Paladins while playing Final Fantasy 4 long time ago and  turned Cecil into a Paladin for the first time. That was awesome.

The only thing that i can relate about what OP says about Libra is the Justice comment. If something goes wrong with me in real life (hopefully never) and i can take justice with my own hands, ill do it. Waiting for 911 to arrive almost always end up in an innocent death.

• Blaze_RockerBlaze_Rocker Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Originally posted by JDis25

- Your Planet is Pluto, your feelings are as the bottom of the ocean. You have many secrets, dark secrets.

I want to say that I never much cared for magicians and wizards or a wateresque power...but I can't. I like ice and weather type power sets well enough and magic users are all well and good, I just tend to prefer mutants and techheads. Ranged powers though are dead on me. image

I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.

Originally posted by rojoArcueid

Since Divination and Astrology arent real Science i stopped caring about that a long time ago.

With that said, im Libra. My favorite magicians are Pyromancers and Blood Magic. I like Shamans as spiritual leaders which led me to play shamans in wow and other games and it became my #1 class in mmos. I dont have a favorite melee class but i started loving Paladins while playing Final Fantasy 4 long time ago and  turned Cecil into a Paladin for the first time. That was awesome.

The only thing that i can relate about what OP says about Libra is the Justice comment. If something goes wrong with me in real life (hopefully never) and i can take justice with my own hands, ill do it. Waiting for 911 to arrive almost always end up in an innocent death.

I know many Libras who feel the same way. I think science is important to understand the logic behind the universe, however I don't believe the secrets of the universe are available to scientists only or that everything can be assigned a number or equation. Nor do I feel we should believe every idea anyone spouts out of their head.

It all comes down to generating a consensus. And I think quite possibly astrology could very well be understood more scientifically in the future, but no reason we can't ponder ideas on our own instead of waiting for scientists to crunch numbers, or even begin to research star and planet alignments' on our consciousness.

Originally posted by Blaze_Rocker

I want to say that I never much cared for magicians and wizards or a wateresque power...but I can't. I like ice and weather type power sets well enough and magic users are all well and good, I just tend to prefer mutants and techheads. Ranged powers though are dead on me. image

Mutants actually make a lot of sense for you haha, things that aren't normal that dwell in the dark corners of the world. 

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Mutants actually make a lot of sense for you haha, things that aren't normal that dwell in the dark corners of the world. 

i sympathize with mutants, if they are part of the x-men image

Originally posted by Gorwe

The only thing that is garbage about astrology is the sun sign newspapers "astrology"(even respected astrologers like Bob Hand{ok Robert} or Bob Marks would tell you that pure sun sign astrology is teh shitte). Hell, ancient astrologers predicted quite some big movers and shakers. Back when they had NO idea about the outer planet(let alone asteroids), they were able to predict the onsets of major diseases, deaths of royal family etc. Idk if that really happened or is it the product of modern turkish series, but Suleyman was warned that a major shitpickle moment would happen. And look at that! He murdered his own son-the rightful heir(Sult...er Sehzade Mustafa)! It is pretty powerful...

OT:

It's a rather nice list, but I would take a GOOD look at the Ascendant(marked as Asc or AC) as well. It could be even more important than the sun sign here. Also the Fifth House-the House of leisure. See, I am a Pisces sun sign, but I don't find anything about those classes fun or intellectualy tantalising. Ok, water/earth Shamans maybe. Bounty Hunters otoh...OH MY! Combine that with the Toughness of a PowerTech and its general group utility as well as unprecedented freedom which BHs offer you in Star Wars(BHs, not necessarily mandos)...is a match made in heaven for me <3 . If only I could find a PowerTech alike in the fantasy universe... /sigh

Then there is the question of a Survivor. Survival Hunter(Draenei)-survived a crash, aclimatisation and is an overall theme of his. Ranger in GW which I always liked. See the pattern? ;)

Have you thought of mailing AstroTheme with this idea? They have such silly(but fun!) articles/readings.

edit: also keep in mind where Descendant(180 degrees from the Ascendant) and Midheaven(Medium Coelli-sp? Marked as MC on the charts) are located. Aspects are a bit too much for this site I guess, so I'll just skip that wee detail :D :D

I will admit, I am not as deep into it as that. I feel I have a very "Psychic" handle on the sun sign, but have yet to really research the Ascendants/Descendants. And while this mostly wasn't very serious, I think the classes I chose reflect the personality type of the person, not necessarily what they are interested in or like to play. For instance, from reading your post there, some of it seems like mindless drivel to me, but its probably just over my head. With Pisces, sometimes I feel only they understand everything they say, but what they say is almost always important and good to hear. Very Shaman-esque of you ;)

You have motivated me to dig a bit deeper into Astrology. I already had a bit of a fascination with it, and I do have quite an imagination as I am sure most people in this community do as well. Maybe it's time to dig deeper! I will check out AstroTheme too.

Yeah, my mind always seems to hang on the darkest parts of life. Like they say, "Once something has been seen it cannot be unseen."

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Very nice.

Well ... just as long as you dont start going overboard with it.

Remember, in astrology we have a friggin douzen houses. So everyone has 12 signs influencing them ! Possibly the same signs multiple times, of course. LOTs of variance there.

An astrology themed RPG should thus give players a TON of possible customization, not just 12 roles and thats it.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Btw, here is what classes I would assign to the zodiac signs:

1. Fire (willpower)

Cardinal: Aries - Barbarian - Aries is the first and most straightforward sign, they are pure willpower.

Stable: Leo - Paladin - Leo love being praised, love being the center of attention, and love to lead.

Variable: Saggitarius - Ranger - Saggitarius wants to be free and indepentent.

2. Earth (reason)

Cardinal: Capricorn - Cleric - Capricorn are hard workers, faithful to their cause.

Stable: Taurus - Berserker - Taurus are patient, competent builders with a lot of humor, but never anger them.

Variable: Virgo - Rogue - Virgo are very intelligent and have street smarts.

3. Air (intelligence)

Cardinal: Libra - Bard - Libras are excellent Diplomats and love beauty in all forms.

Stable: Aquarius - Wizard - Aquarius tend to be original, but also to be obnoxious know-it-alls.

Variable: Gemini - Illusionist - Gemini are curious intellectuals.

4. Water (empathy)

Cardinal: Cancer - Druid - Cancer are moody and unpredictable, just like nature.

Stable: Scorpio - Necromancer - Scorpio are passionate and intense.

Variable: Pisces - Enchanter - Pisces is the last sign, able to understand all other signs.

• CaldicotCaldicot Member UncommonPosts: 454
    Don't mix gaming and reality please.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Kind of neat since i am Libra and fits my description to a tee.I also did play and enjoy extensively the Shadowknight in EQ2.I did like the Paladin in FFXI but i liked all the classes in that game so not really as big an indicator.I am all for justice and truth and order.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Caldicot
    Don't mix gaming and reality please.

Don't worry, they aren't, its all pure fantasy image

Originally posted by Gorwe
    What is life but a hoary lined dream?

Yes i know this to be true. but that is only my perception, we all hold different truths about our existence.

If you feel dreams and reality are substantially different, then by all means they are. The implications of that can be quite limiting however, which is ok, that is something else perhaps worth experiencing.

I believe that reality can be altered by the power of extreme willpower, perhaps wills that humans have dormant somewhere, in our DNA, but that would not be impossible to one day evolve and have these abilities such as levitation, seeing through walls, etc.  much like we have natural instincts. 

Good feedback though all around on this thread :D

Originally posted by Adamantine

Btw, here is what classes I would assign to the zodiac signs:

1. Fire (willpower)

Cardinal: Aries - Barbarian - Aries is the first and most straightforward sign, they are pure willpower.

Stable: Leo - Paladin - Leo love being praised, love being the center of attention, and love to lead.

Variable: Saggitarius - Ranger - Saggitarius wants to be free and indepentent.

2. Earth (reason)

Cardinal: Capricorn - Cleric - Capricorn are hard workers, faithful to their cause.

Stable: Taurus - Berserker - Taurus are patient, competent builders with a lot of humor, but never anger them.

Variable: Virgo - Rogue - Virgo are very intelligent and have street smarts.

3. Air (intelligence)

Cardinal: Libra - Bard - Libras are excellent Diplomats and love beauty in all forms.

Stable: Aquarius - Wizard - Aquarius tend to be original, but also to be obnoxious know-it-alls.

Variable: Gemini - Illusionist - Gemini are curious intellectuals.

4. Water (empathy)

Cardinal: Cancer - Druid - Cancer are moody and unpredictable, just like nature.

Stable: Scorpio - Necromancer - Scorpio are passionate and intense.

Variable: Pisces - Enchanter - Pisces is the last sign, able to understand all other signs.

I can definitely agree with some of these. Libra especially, I didn't even think of Bard! I don't think Virgo is Rogue, Virgos are communicators and great helpers with anything that needs to be done, they like feeling important. Rogue is more anti-social and focused with their objective. I think Leo's (I don't want to say arrogance ,but yea) would not make them good paladin's. a good paladin is selfless, but remains a good leader, but I am sure some Leo's could fit the role. 

All the other's are good matches.  I think that there are many within each sign who would fit with what you described.

Don't want to be a prick or anything, I just wanted to make sure people understand that there is a difference between being anti-social and being un-social.

I'm more the un-social type but I can be anti-social when the world gets to me. Sometimes being sociable comes down to either choice or opportunity. There are plenty of times when I'd prefer to socialize with others, as a group of like-minded or goal-oriented people can actually make things more fun (like when playing MMOs). There are other times when the desired or prefered opportunity is not present and I go "unsocial" by default, then pressure occurs from a particular source and aggrivation or irritation occurs switching me into "antisocial" mode because it works against my natural flow.

I don't see unsocial people as being problematic, but I'm sure that we can all agree that antisocial people can be wildly unpredicable when provoked, often times by people wanting them to be more sociable.

Agree? Disagree? Thoughts?

• shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509

leos being barbs? I always thought that with Leos, the flashier the better. I have two leo daughters and I'm leo rising (scorpio sun) i'll play the dark magi but i gotta see some sweet animations ;)

• LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 540

Only 12 "constellations" out of 88 existing? I'm disappointed, please quote me remaining 76 (http://cdsarc.u-strasbg.fr/ftp/cats/VI/49/constell.pdf).

As a pseudo-scientific garbage, it has nothing to do with reality. To tell the biggest secret ever: there are no constellations (as we imagine) like Leo, Pisces and alike. Only stars, very distant stars (closest behind the sun is Alpha Centauri, only 4 light years). Oh, speaking about Aquarius, it is just ~600 light years away. So, if local star emits The Magic Beam telling I should be magic bearer at the very second of my birth...The Magic Beam will reach my remnants 600 years later.

So let's play games and not pay attention to garbage.

• shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509
    Originally posted by Lithuanian

Only 12 "constellations" out of 88 existing? I'm disappointed, please quote me remaining 76 (http://cdsarc.u-strasbg.fr/ftp/cats/VI/49/constell.pdf).

As a pseudo-scientific garbage, it has nothing to do with reality. To tell the biggest secret ever: there are no constellations (as we imagine) like Leo, Pisces and alike. Only stars, very distant stars (closest behind the sun is Alpha Centauri, only 4 light years). Oh, speaking about Aquarius, it is just ~600 light years away. So, if local star emits The Magic Beam telling I should be magic bearer at the very second of my birth...The Magic Beam will reach my remnants 600 years later.

So let's play games and not pay attention to garbage.

Like games, it's all just for fun. Lighten up, Francis.

• Cephus404Cephus404 Member CommonPosts: 3,675
    Libra (Air): Paladin / Death Knight

- You are the pinnacle of Justice and Truth. You will stop at nothing to ensure that order is maintained and goals are accomplished. You don't mind carrying others so long as they appreciate you. When all is said and done everyone who serves you is well rewarded. You are full of conviction; lets just hope it is for a holy cause.

Totally and completely wrong.  What more can you expect from irrational woo nonsense?

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862

Sagittarius (Fire): Priest  / Vampire (Blood Magic)

- Your vibration is high, you are a valued teacher and others revel in listening to you speak. You value abundance/pleasure in all forms. You go where you please and at your own quick pace. Wait is this wine?

Not even close to my personality.  I'm closer to a Cancer, in both playstyle and personality.