Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar: Feelin' The Strain

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Carbine has deployed the first major content update for WildStar with today's drop of The Strain. The content expansion brings a new high-level zone, upgrades to housing, new mounts, a brand new mini-dungeon and more to WildStar.

Strain Infected Customization:

• Housing Décor Items: New items are available for player housing! Make your home stylishly disgusting with more than 12 Strain-infected housing items, oozing with pustules, boils, tentacles and eyeballs.

• Customization Items: Players can dress characters from head to toe in infected Strain armor, plus tailor the armor with a new array of Strain-themed colors, like Corruption Purple and Ichorous Orange.

• Mounts: Cruise the badlands on your new Hoverboard, tricked out Strain-style with cankers, fangs, and grotesque eyeballs. Player can also pimp other mounts with a toxic cornucopia of Strain-infected accessories.

Grab all of the details on the WildStar site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Not even close to Breing ready for new content. Love Wildstar, addictive game.
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

Devs should be really talking about " Network Error: Connection Closed"

its unfortunate i really wanted this to be my mmo.

UPDATE::I finally got a response with a knowledgable tech support at carbine, iam looking forward to have this fixed if its my system or theirs.

UPDATE:: as it turns out my card drive was out of date? (strange which is bran new comp)- they gave me links to check for an upgrade which i did- and so far its been smooth sailing!-thanks carbine-im hoping this was the issue.

• SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795
    Excellent patch by an excellent mmo. Keep up the good work guys :)

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• TerminalDeityTerminalDeity Member UncommonPosts: 133

Does the game still run like shit? I have an i7 and a 660ti, and get about 20 FPS. I am so frustrated that I don't even care to log in and check.

World of Warcraft looks better, and it's TEN YEARS OLD. There is simply NO excuse for this game to perform so badly for so many people.

I run ANY other game at maximum settings with no issues.

Originally posted by kikosforever
    Excellent patch by an excellent mmo. Keep up the good work guys :)

Its not a patch its a content (drop) update. their patches for performance issues are lackluster.

and as a veteran(level 50)  player now- i agree, their content is amazing.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

Withholding content from the release of the game to be implemented a few days prior to the free month being up for most people.  This is a tactic they said that they admired other games doing in an interview, so it's no surprise that it was used here.  It's a clever marketing ploy to be sure.  Though some people are getting upset that this was released when there are performance and network issues.  It's kind've a double edged sword in that regard.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.

I finally got a response with a knowledgable tech support at carbine, iam looking forward to have this fixed if its my system or theirs.

the game is fantastic  at a playable pace, iam hoping my issue will get resolved!

• Tykam123Tykam123 Member UncommonPosts: 95
    Wow! I am honestly shocked to see this :/ I have been playing with ZERO issues whatsoever. I wish you all good luck in getting things settled! Hopefully you will soon be having a blast like me ;) See you in the nexus!
  • BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Yaev that's a valid point for most games, but wildstar launched with a huge amount of content, more than any other mmorg on release so not adding it all on initial release is smart - 1) because it gives players fresh content to look forward to, 2) it means they had time to polish content that was going out, and gives time to polish the content releases.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Re performance, interestingly I checked at my usual benchmark spot and switching off -dx9 gave an extra 5% performance (previously -dx9 had the edge). Gtx 460 SE, phenom 955. 40+ in world.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D