Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Crafting comparable to that of Star Wars Galaxies, but more advanced."

FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

This was the quote of the day for me back when SOE Live day 3 came to an end. source

However, that was almost a year ago now, and I cannot find any new info about this. Was this just another bunch of marketing bs or does somebody out there have a juicy bit of info I can dig into.

Comments

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

When is anything from SOE not marketing BS?

Twice as much when it is from Smed?

They can spin that marketing crap all they want, but I'll believe it when I see it, and only then after I try it.

And further, give them any money only if it ends up being good.

SOE deserves no slack, and no benefits of any doubts, at this point.

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Do take everything SOE says these days with a grain of salt. They also said H1Z1(FPS zombie survival game) was for SWG people. I believe they consider the building ala EQNLandmark to be crafting though. If you want SWG crafting, sign up for The Repopulation.
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Hmm. I'm starting to come to a similar conclusion. Is there anyone out there that has some inside info? What about the staff here? Behind closed doors, they gave this game best in show at e3 2013. Did they see the crafting system?

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139

Doubting anyone has any real "inside" info. What they saw has been seen by the public I believe. Might of been a bit early to declare it best in show, but looking at the competition, nothing really out then, now, or in the near future really brings much change to the genre, not that EQN is so far removed itself. Not that I value random awards anyway.

Landmark's crafting has been slowly developing into something more, either they have a lot more in progress for EQN behind closed doors or they were just hyping it up. As they made SWG and have the dev behind EQ2 crafting (heard it was okay), I'm assuming they know what they are talking about.

Hype is one thing but to not only say the crafting will be as good as one of the best crafting systems ever, but more advanced, is a very bold claim. It is either flat BS or true. No real way to spin it if the crafting system is terrible.

Since they made SWG, they could simply copy paste and update it. People talk crap about companies copying one another, which I get, but hopefully copying one's own product isn't a gaming sin. Especially when the source is worth copying from.

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

If they are using Landmark data/metrics to help produce EQNext crafting systems, it will be robust but very, very grindy.

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    Originally posted by Jaedor

If they are using Landmark data/metrics to help produce EQNext crafting systems, it will be robust but very, very grindy.

They've said that some of the grind elements are not intended, but without other systems in place, it is the fall back. We'll see though. Crafting 2.0 isn't too far off hopefully.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Landmark crafting is supposed to change and take a lot less materials, when it is done.  We will have to wait and see, but I imagine that the Next system will look very similar to Landmark's system, once we see the final product.

• TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001
    Originally posted by Jaedor

The grind is there for a reason:  to drive you to purchase time accelerators for Station Cash.  They've been very transparent about how monetized Landmark will be at launch.  Expect an even more robust Marketplace.

• ElmberryElmberry Member UncommonPosts: 195
    I really hope they do a simple crafting system this time around and not for example as in Vanguard or EQ2. I rather prefer a simple system as in MInecraft or Terraria.