Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Got a 7 day ban so I'm posting here

I got a 7 day ban for telling one of the defenders to learn some common knowledge about mmos, the defender obviously reported it and the nazi moderators banned me. He said:

Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil 

Sorry but that's pure speculation as you don't speak for everyone. If you can provide proof that you are an elected official for MMO'ers everywhere, I might consider your views. 

As you can see he took the childish "hurr durr do you speak for everyone!?!" approach when I said to him it's common knowledge the majority of people play MMOs for the multiplayer aspect rather than the single player aspect. Then I replied

Common sense/ common knowledge?. That's the best proof I can give you. Maybe you should learn it yourself?

I was telling him to learn some common knowledge and I got a 7 day ban for it. If anyones browsing the SWTOR forums, just leave, anything you say WILL be reported and you WILL be banned for little things like this. And keep away from the defenders like OddballEasyEight, Andryah, Reno and others.

But anyway, I wanted to ask, what's the best way to gain xp? Through normal questing or flashpoints? I want to make a character quickly now that double xp is on. Thanks.

Comments

• ezjay1975ezjay1975 Member UncommonPosts: 131

Since you have his post down word for word it would make sense for us to see your post word for word instead of paraphrasing.

Without seeing your post word for word I tend to think your where banned for language not viewpoint.

• Kicksave321Kicksave321 Member CommonPosts: 262
    Just a heads up mmorpg has enough drama on their own and will probably lock this thread for bring Swtor forum drama here.
  • DarksopDarksop Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by ezjay1975

Since you have his post down word for word it would make sense for us to see your post word for word instead of paraphrasing.

Without seeing your post word for word I tend to think your where banned for language not viewpoint.

I did get an infraction a couple of weeks ago for which I deserved. But I know for sure I did not deserve this one. I wasnt saying its common knowledge that im some elected official, but I was referring to common knowledge in that the majority of mmo players prefer multiplayer over single player stuff.

He then asked me to prove that I speak for MMO players in general,( yes he actually goes along that childish route), because he firmly believes that the majority of MMO players prefer single player stuff over multiplayer stuff ( dumb)

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

And what do you like for us to do about it... ?

This have been a good conversation

• DarksopDarksop Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by tawess

Answer my question perhaps? If you could suggest anything that would be great. 

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    Weren't you previously "Permanently banned by Nazis"?
  • breadm1xbreadm1x Member UncommonPosts: 374

My sugestion is that they should perm ban you here to :P

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

All I can really say is that it doesn't seem to be a justifiable ban?  Though they're likely doing you a favor if that's how they manage their forums and what type of people are on there.  Granted, though... They got a lot of bad press on their site and others for a while, so it isn't out of the league of possibilities that they're just super strict now.

Opinions should always be valued by a developer and fan alike for the interest of potentially improving a game.  Though there does reach a point when even an honest evaluation is deemed an affront to someone's favorite game.  But that's just speaking in general, as there is little further context as to what this was the result of originally.

As for your question... I don't know.  I stopped playing that game after the free month and beating a couple class's storyline.  If the point of this thread was to ask then the fact that you got banned is a bit superfluous and has a high likelihood of being derailed by people who comment on that instead of the main point.  I'm sure it's somewhere on the internet.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Darksop
    Originally posted by tawess

Answer my question perhaps? If you could suggest anything that would be great. 

Ok... though I like to enjoy the story and progressing slowly.

"But anyway, I wanted to ask, what's the best way to gain xp? Through normal questing or flashpoints? I want to make a character quickly now that double xp is on. Thanks."

Fastest one is through FPs and GSFs, obviously (though I'd vote it's a route boring as hell). With "normal questing" (ouch) you need to walk all around, talking with npc's, all those kinda stuff which would seriously hinder your leet xp/minute ratio... (lol)

Also it helps a lot if you're subbed, part of a guild, and popping up xp boosts frequently.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by Darksop

I got a 7 day ban for telling one of the defenders to learn some common knowledge about mmos, the defender obviously reported it and the nazi moderators banned me. He said:

Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil 

Sorry but that's pure speculation as you don't speak for everyone. If you can provide proof that you are an elected official for MMO'ers everywhere, I might consider your views. 

As you can see he took the childish "hurr durr do you speak for everyone!?!" approach when I said to him it's common knowledge the majority of people play MMOs for the multiplayer aspect rather than the single player aspect. Then I replied

Common sense/ common knowledge?. That's the best proof I can give you. Maybe you should learn it yourself?

I was telling him to learn some common knowledge and I got a 7 day ban for it. If anyones browsing the SWTOR forums, just leave, anything you say WILL be reported and you WILL be banned for little things like this. And keep away from the defenders like OddballEasyEight, Andryah, Reno and others.

But anyway, I wanted to ask, what's the best way to gain xp? Through normal questing or flashpoints? I want to make a character quickly now that double xp is on. Thanks.

MMORPG is swift and just, this won't fly well here either.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    I see you posted an actual question at the end of your post but with that title and the rest of your post, you knew all the attention will be on the ban and forum drama, otherwise why not title the post with your question? While topics about other game forums sometimes work as discussions, we determine this on a case by case basis.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.