Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Guild Wars 2: E3 2014 Preview: Season 2 is a Go!

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Bill and I met with ArenaNet at E3 to get a first look at Guild Wars 2’s Living Story Season 2 content, and have been keeping our mouths shut about it for a solid month.  It hasn’t been easy, primarily because of the intriguing nature of what we were shown.  Also, we’re chatterboxes.

Read more of Som Pourfarzaneh's Guild Wars 2: E3 2014 Preview: Season 2 is a Go!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    Did they do their feature additions?

more skills, fix traits, fix rangers, or add a particle slider yet? I thought this was the feature patch... Not just LS
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    The feature patch came a couple months back, Thupli.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• ErlijusErlijus Member UncommonPosts: 96

Arghhh can not wait for them to unlock the patch... Come on ANet: patch is ready, let us play the new content during our day off (Canada day) :) 

(I know I know, they usually unlock the patch during their afternoon time, so after 12:00 p.m. PDT... And btw, to my knowledge, ANet is the only publisher that pushes patches without requiring a downtime. Quite an amazing feat in itself).

• MalevilMalevil Member Posts: 468
    Originally posted by Thupli

more skills, fix traits, fix rangers, or add a particle slider yet? I thought this was the feature patch... Not just LS

fix rangers ... looool , is there any game where rangers doesnt think that their pets suck and class is broken ? ... Problem is somwhere else and no developer can fix that :P

• ScivaSciva Member UncommonPosts: 298
    Originally posted by Malevil

fix rangers ... looool , is there any game where rangers doesnt think that their pets suck and class is broken ? ... Problem is somwhere else and no developer can fix that :P

If I hit F2 for my aoe regen/heal when my Wolf is on passive, I don't expect it to run upto the boss and stand in its aoe. I could hit passive again but I shouldn't have to. Then again Shortbow Theif less like a snore than my Ranger with his Longbow/Shortbow.

• nose22nose22 Member UncommonPosts: 6

Daoc :P , i loved my pet there , kill/cc it  or u wont be able to cast anything !

• TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    The feature patch came a couple months back, Thupli.

Which the community loved.  Especially the trait re-vamp.  28 pages, almost 53,000 views and over 1.3K posts of feedback.  ZERO comments from Chris Whiteside.

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785

World of Warcraft. Followed by the Rift, but miles ahead of Wow's.

• MalevilMalevil Member Posts: 468
    Originally posted by Arthasm

World of Warcraft. Followed by the Rift, but miles ahead of Wow's.

I played all those games, and in all those games rangers/hunters were supposedly by players who played them most gimped class ...

• KorthagKorthag Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Boring boring boriiiiing
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

What a disappointment so far.  The new zone could've been interesting, but they added the Aspect jumping mechanics from the Sanctum zone, which are required to progress.  I never liked those things.

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Originally posted by observer

What a disappointment so far.  The new zone could've been interesting, but they added the Aspect jumping mechanics from the Sanctum zone, which are required to progress.  I never liked those things.

So you have to do jumping puzzles to finish the story? They always put crap in to annoy you.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by Hariken
    Originally posted by observer

So you have to do jumping puzzles to finish the story? They always put crap in to annoy you.

Not only that, but you need to use those aspect skills in the new zone, and in the stories.  I really dislike using secodary mechanics in a fight that removes my main weapon skills.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

I always worry when I read stuff like this:

"Apparently, the ArenaNet team has been working with people in other media industries to understand how to better make superstory arcs, interrelated Seasons, appealing characters, and other features that are common to good storytelling in television, films, and other forms of entertainment."

It boils down to good writing doesn't it? That part read like ArenaNet is looking to find out how to make things appealing through metrics and industry standards. "Well typically males from the age group of 18-30 prefer male protaganists... blah blah blah". I dunno man.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    @Bill.
    thanks. I thought they had promised to add more weapons by the end of 2013 from that article you wrote back in Oct(?). I guess they aren't really going to add new weapons or utilities or builds. Or change max dos only for fractals... Or the stacking crap. Or the option to reduce particle effects.time to hang up my hat on gw2 and stop even looking to see if they are going to fix stuff. Clearly not.

@talondiel. Yeah, I am aware of that post! They didn't post in the 26 page ranger cdi either until they said "well, the fix can't require to much effort to fix".

lol. Keep up that two week "content" cycle and forget the game play that needs fixing, then they will fire O'Brien and Jon and get some that will give the game focus... Maybe.

#fixed skillfact guildwars2 is pathetic at fixing game play.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Honestly, for reasons that include but are not limited to the game itself..... I don't care.  I seriously don't this time.
  • TomShadowTomShadow Member Posts: 13
    Just wrapped up about an hour in exploring the new Dry Top zone.  Love the look of the new area.  It's great, though I get the feeling this is just the beginning of a deeper story that's unfolding. I'll come back to dive further into the zone and growing story.  Lots of other people (50+) about also exploring, so there is no shortage of interest.  Appreciate MMORPG for covering this game update!
  • AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    Originally posted by FlyByKnight

I always worry when I read stuff like this:

"Apparently, the ArenaNet team has been working with people in other media industries to understand how to better make superstory arcs, interrelated Seasons, appealing characters, and other features that are common to good storytelling in television, films, and other forms of entertainment."

It boils down to good writing doesn't it? That part read like ArenaNet is looking to find out how to make things appealing through metrics and industry standards. "Well typically males from the age group of 18-30 prefer male protaganists... blah blah blah". I dunno man.

pretty much. the story was trying way too hard to be 'epic' in place of interesting storylines/characters. sounds like they're going deeper in the completely wrong direction.

• mysticquemysticque Member UncommonPosts: 36

another boring addition... i doubt this game will have anything for hardcore gamers. but if you love the farming and doing repeatable stuff for silly titles/rewards i guess this will suit you perfectly.

on the side note, archeage will probably attract more hardcore gamers thats looking the real seiging/pvp

[email protected]
    www.youtube.com/411mysticque

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Logged in and saw the new trait system......logged out and uninstalled. 
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • BailoPan15BailoPan15 Member Posts: 410
    Originally posted by Viper482
    Logged in and saw the new trait system......logged out and uninstalled. 

Lawl so hardcore, so op, i don't even ..... 

No but seriously...what was it that annoyed you in the "new" trait system? xD That you don't need a class master to swap traits on the fly? I seriously see NO drawbacks with the "new" way traits are being done, ESPECIALLY if you are old player that has lvl 80 toon. Nah you are just a silly troll.

• BailoPan15BailoPan15 Member Posts: 410
    @Bill.
    thanks. I thought they had promised to add more weapons by the end of 2013 from that article you wrote back in Oct(?). I guess they aren't really going to add new weapons or utilities or builds. Or change max dos only for fractals... Or the stacking crap. Or the option to reduce particle effects.time to hang up my hat on gw2 and stop even looking to see if they are going to fix stuff. Clearly not.

@talondiel. Yeah, I am aware of that post! They didn't post in the 26 page ranger cdi either until they said "well, the fix can't require to much effort to fix".

lol. Keep up that two week "content" cycle and forget the game play that needs fixing, then they will fire O'Brien and Jon and get some that will give the game focus... Maybe.

#fixed skillfact guildwars2 is pathetic at fixing game play.

There is shitton of new weapons. Not new tiers though and not new weapon types, but certainly there have been new weapons and armors (also known as skins). The even added a new stat combo -> nomad. Aaand SweetFX takes care of the particles for you, and not only. It generally makes the game prettier without hitting your FPS. 

Troll spotted.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    Loving the new map. I'm really glad they added the Aspect mechanics. I quite enjoy those...happy that they're a permanent addition to a map now. Variety is always welcome in my world.
  • ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    The new map is probably the best one yet. Its jumping puzzle is a bit annoying, but the aspect mechanics are quite well-done overall in that they don't get in the way. The huge DE to unlock new merchants and the resulting sand storm are both nice additions and the visuals are simply amazing. Maybe it's because I've had a half a year long break from GW2, but after trying this patch I'm definitely looking forward to the next ones.
  • bostonjonbostonjon Member Posts: 19
    new story/map is great, tons of guildies logging in  and loving it.  Appears that we will get these smaller maps every couple updates or so.  Much better intro to the season than in infamous sign fixing of season 1.  Great job Anet, from the discussions on the map, people seem very pleased and excited for this season.