Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brad Mcquaid looted 45k of the crowdfunding

123457»

Comments

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    Originally posted by Zeblade

so who are  you? Why post here? Well they cant answer back so you can say anything you want. That said..I would keep my money the past speaks very clearly.  Still no reason to bash or make fun of someone that you KNOW wont answer back..

Its  a chicken "blank" way of doing things. People do this all the time. They talk when your not looking yet to your face its all nice and OMG your the best ever!  haha

There's nothing for the man in question to answer back to. The thread title is 100% fact and there is no answer he could give that would in any way rationalize the personal use of the funds. It's straight up theft, the most common crime from antiquity to present.

I suggest folks GOOGLE the actual names of the devs prior to joining a kickstarter campaign. You'd be surprised what a simple internet search can reveal about a person's past.

• GraeyGraey Member UncommonPosts: 281
    Originally posted by Brenics
    I know someone out there is saying I Told YOU SO! Brad is someone you just can't trust.

Dude...I was thinking that same thing. I mean I remember Vanguard...and even then there was a lot of you can't trust this guy. To hear he even got another chance to do the same shit...Idk, I had a feeling when I read the KS didn't do so well it was going to go nowhere but not to this level.

Figures...now can everyone please not give this guy another chance.

• GenerolGenerol Member Posts: 34

He (Brad) was called out on the Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/pantheonrotf):

"I am going to be upfront with you on this. I was considering making a sizable donation but the bottom line is there is a lot of drama currently surrounding this project with reports claiming that Brad McQuaid misused funds for his own personal needs.

When I see these words coming out of numerous sources with the addition of how he dealt with both Vanguard and, most importantly, his staff at Vanguard (and there are many write ups about that) I feel compelled to back off. Frankly, I think I am not alone on this either as I would be willing to wager that a considerable amount sit in my shoes on that stance. I bring this up because donations are obviously going to play a large part in the production of this specific project so I would suggest a public statement on the recent accusations of mismanagement that isn't filled with "dreams" and "hopes" and "tears" but rather a blunt and forthcoming statement on the current level with the game itself and (more important) why potential investors should even consider the undertaking given the previous issues that go back quite a long time.

If this post is deleted I will most certainly remove any idea of an investment but that truly is my suggestion and, frankly, I think it is a more than fair question/request when you consider the many factors involved."

It will be interesting to see if and how Brad (who usually makes excuse after excuse) handles this publicly made statement and request. 

• Ragnar1337Ragnar1337 Member CommonPosts: 70

Anyone that followed Vanguard should not be surprised by this at all. That guy has wasted millions of dollars of other peoples money and never has anything but excuses. His disgraceful conduct when he sold out on Vanguard and all of the stories of how he basically paid himself to have a great time while his employees were literally left in the parking lot was enough to never want to hear this guys name again. This whole pantheon thing was nothing more than a scam from a dishonest shitbag after he got fired once again from SoE. I really wish people would do some homework on these people before they buy into the wonderful profile of themselves they put on their kickstarters.

The MMO industry is full of these people and they just keep taking money and making suckers out of people. Mark Kern was another clown who got fired by his own company for basically being an absentee CEO and producing nothing but garbage. Richard Garriot, Chris Robers, and Mark Jacobs are all on the same track too although I think McQuaid is by far the worst and most obvious scammer. 

I just hope this time people pay attention so they don't get scammed again by this idiot. Go get a real job Brad, MMO players are done funding your dream game since apparently your only dream is to sit around getting paid for doing nothing. 

• GenerolGenerol Member Posts: 34
    Originally posted by Ragnar1337

Anyone that followed Vanguard should not be surprised by this at all. That guy has wasted millions of dollars of other peoples money and never has anything but excuses. His disgraceful conduct when he sold out on Vanguard and all of the stories of how he basically paid himself to have a great time while his employees were literally left in the parking lot was enough to never want to hear this guys name again. This whole pantheon thing was nothing more than a scam from a dishonest shitbag after he got fired once again from SoE. I really wish people would do some homework on these people before they buy into the wonderful profile of themselves they put on their kickstarters.

The MMO industry is full of these people and they just keep taking money and making suckers out of people. Mark Kern was another clown who got fired by his own company for basically being an absentee CEO and producing nothing but garbage. Richard Garriot, Chris Robers, and Mark Jacobs are all on the same track too although I think McQuaid is by far the worst and most obvious scammer. 

I just hope this time people pay attention so they don't get scammed again by this idiot. Go get a real job Brad, MMO players are done funding your dream game since apparently your only dream is to sit around getting paid for doing nothing. 

Exactly, well stated. Here is an older interview on the state of affairs during the Vanguard Saga of Drama debacle. The manner in which he treated his "team" was simply disgraceful and I doubt a second shot is going to change anything. In fact, he will strive even harder to "prove" he wasn't a one hit wonder and likely treat them even worse while setting even loftier/more ridiculous goals. 

https://web.archive.org/web/20120127122838/http://www.f13.net/?itemid=561

• AparitionAparition Member UncommonPosts: 91
    guess they were lucky it wasnt a full loot mmo huh.......

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by Panzerbase

From the games website:

NOTE: ANY MONEY PLEDGED WILL NOT BEING GOING TOWARDS DEVELOPMENT AT THIS TIME; INSTEAD IT WILL GO TOWARDS KEEPING THE WEBSITE UP AND RUNNING AND TO OTHER MAINTENANCE COSTS. WE WILL ADVISE YOU WHEN AND IF THIS CHANGES.

Other maintenance costs... yeah I guess weed and blow could be considered maintenance costs. 

https://www.pantheonrotf.com/

how to kill a game and turn off fans ...

I've never actually taken the time to check this game out.  The bottom video on their official page was shocking.  I'm not a game developer, so I don't know if the best looking games look like this in certain stages of development.   For me, I would never of donated to this mmo from just looking at the video.  If this released in like 2002-2004.  I would consider.  Sorry, just my opinion as a consumer.

Originally posted by bcbully

This is as much an indictment on the backers as it is on the con man. This guy came to you with some art work and few paragraphs of concepts, and you guys gave him $150,000. 

Btw-

I'm working on a new project. It's a PvP and PvE focused sandbox. There will be open world housing, 25 professions with mini-games. 10 man raids, 20 man, and 40 man. It will be f2p with a sub option and no cash shop. 

I'm asking you for $800,000 to make this happen for us. You will be invited to alpha and have your name in the game credits. PM I will give you the information where to send the cashiers checks. 

See you in game soon!

BC

lol image

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by Locithon

The reason why the entire dev team left was because Brad, without telling anyone, took 45k of the ~150k upfront to "pay bills". When it was announced the money had ran out the dev team (according to Silius) were shocked because they thought they had at least another 2 months to keep working on the project until real funding was found.This has since been deleted off the facebook page. (Danielle is the wife of one of the devs - Vhalen)Everyone jumped ship when they learned what Brad did which is why he is now seeking out volunteers to work on the project.

Most likely removed because it was fake. Also love the crop job.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• CendhariaCendharia Member UncommonPosts: 319
    Originally posted by Dullahan

People can say what they want about Brad's shady actions, but what he did was plainly a last ditch effort to keep Pantheon alive.

This is not a defense of his actions, I personally would have just divided the money and gone down with the ship, but he wants to make this game and it seems he was willing to step on his friends and colleagues in order to get it done.  They made $150k in donations and had nothing else coming in, so at that point, who do you pay and who do you cut?  If Brad lost the rest of the people on Pantheon staff (and he did), it would be terrible (and it was) because they were all talented and respected developers, but alas, "the show must go on".  Had he lacked the funding to pay his bills, he would have been out looking for a new job, and pantheon would be 6 feet under, never to see the light of day again.

As much as people want to hate on Brad McQuaid, this genre needs him.  However horrible of a person he may be, every game he has been involved with was amazing, even Vanguard launching a year early, missing content and completely unstable.  Anyone who says otherwise is simply ignorant of his contributions to this genre and should get an mmo education.

You can hate the man, but I still hope he manages to make Pantheon.  He may not deserve it, but for purely selfish reasons and for the sake of gamers like myself, I hope the new team is successful.

Some of us..desire the game that Brad "could" make.   I dunno I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt,  and see what he comes up with..with this secondary volunteer team.    If he succeeds and manages to blow our socks off,  that would make for a few people eating crow around here I'd imagine.  

Personally I am going to wait and see..before I pass any judgements.   Go go Good Team :)

Originally posted by Cendharia
    Originally posted by Dullahan

People can say what they want about Brad's shady actions, but what he did was plainly a last ditch effort to keep Pantheon alive.

This is not a defense of his actions, I personally would have just divided the money and gone down with the ship, but he wants to make this game and it seems he was willing to step on his friends and colleagues in order to get it done.  They made $150k in donations and had nothing else coming in, so at that point, who do you pay and who do you cut?  If Brad lost the rest of the people on Pantheon staff (and he did), it would be terrible (and it was) because they were all talented and respected developers, but alas, "the show must go on".  Had he lacked the funding to pay his bills, he would have been out looking for a new job, and pantheon would be 6 feet under, never to see the light of day again.

As much as people want to hate on Brad McQuaid, this genre needs him.  However horrible of a person he may be, every game he has been involved with was amazing, even Vanguard launching a year early, missing content and completely unstable.  Anyone who says otherwise is simply ignorant of his contributions to this genre and should get an mmo education.

You can hate the man, but I still hope he manages to make Pantheon.  He may not deserve it, but for purely selfish reasons and for the sake of gamers like myself, I hope the new team is successful.

Some of us..desire the game that Brad "could" make.   I dunno I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt,  and see what he comes up with..with this secondary volunteer team.    If he succeeds and manages to blow our socks off,  that would make for a few people eating crow around here I'd imagine.  

Personally I am going to wait and see..before I pass any judgements.   Go go Good Team :)

I can appreciate your loyal dedication.  For your sake I hope it does get made.  I think a small niche group will really appreciate this mmo.  As far as I'm concerned, the more options for mmos the better.  

But, I also think the chances of this game actually getting made and launched is about as similar as this guy winning American idol.

• TankYou88TankYou88 Member Posts: 310
    Originally posted by Betaguy

The reason why the entire dev team left was because Brad, without telling anyone, took 45k of the ~150k upfront to "pay bills". When it was announced the money had ran out the dev team (according to Silius) were shocked because they thought they had at least another 2 months to keep working on the project until real funding was found.

This has since been deleted off the facebook page. (Danielle is the wife of one of the devs - Vhalen)

Everyone jumped ship when they learned what Brad did which is why he is now seeking out volunteers to work on the project.

You think someone hacked the Pantheon facebook who had inside knowledge of stuff Brad himself said was true?

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Betaguy

The reason why the entire dev team left was because Brad, without telling anyone, took 45k of the ~150k upfront to "pay bills". When it was announced the money had ran out the dev team (according to Silius) were shocked because they thought they had at least another 2 months to keep working on the project until real funding was found.

This has since been deleted off the facebook page. (Danielle is the wife of one of the devs - Vhalen)

Everyone jumped ship when they learned what Brad did which is why he is now seeking out volunteers to work on the project.

I agree it's totally fake. You should give him more money.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

nothing wrong here

it is for what KS & crowd funding existing ,spend on project 10% collected money other take for personal stuff

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Zeblade

so who are  you? Why post here? Well they cant answer back so you can say anything you want. That said..I would keep my money the past speaks very clearly.  Still no reason to bash or make fun of someone that you KNOW wont answer back..

Its  a chicken "blank" way of doing things. People do this all the time. They talk when your not looking yet to your face its all nice and OMG your the best ever!  haha

Well he does have a acount here and is seen sometimes: Aradune just check his post history....

On topic, I wasn't there so who knows what happened, on internet allot can happen clearly...

• LachiusTZLachiusTZ Member UncommonPosts: 5

He hasnt been on this site in a week, so prolly eating pain pills from a PEZ dispenser and riding his bike through the hills laughing at the people paying his bills.

Also . . . 

http://www.rerolled.org/member.php?13647-Aradune

But it seems he ran away with his tail tucked when people pulled their $$$$ out of the KS and realized what a colossal clusterfuck this became.

And yes, I made an account here solely for the purpose of trying to enlighten some of the people oblivious to what had occurred and what was ongoing.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by LachiusTZ

He hasnt been on this site in a week, so prolly eating pain pills from a PEZ dispenser and riding his bike through the hills laughing at the people paying his bills.

Also . . . 

http://www.rerolled.org/member.php?13647-Aradune

But it seems he ran away with his tail tucked when people pulled their $$$$ out of the KS and realized what a colossal clusterfuck this became.

And yes, I made an account here solely for the purpose of trying to enlighten some of the people oblivious to what had occurred and what was ongoing.

Thanks. I was wondering where people kept getting that story, now I know.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

This was posted over at Massively... goodness if even half of this is true...

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/07/19/mcquaid-says-a-playable-pantheon-will-happen-in-a-matter-of-mon/

"Brad McQuaid is back with a mammoth 3,200-word update (treatise?) on Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen, specifically to rebut misinformation about the project without returning to his former "evangelist" mode. "

Except the whole thing was just another evangelizing on his part.

So Brad:

1. Fails at a kickstarter

2. Decides after the failed KS to take over 45k from the pledges people gave to his website after the failed KS. He cites that it was an advanced pay to himself. Picture of email of the original statement later put on their FB page and website: http://www.rerolled.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=70038&d=1403842670

3. Declares the project is "on hold" because of no money. Claims then that funds will go to maintaining the website only.

4. Then his entire dev team quits. Many different reasons including: not being paid, being under paid, being paid then Brad attempting to ask for the money back, not reimbursed for stock assets and licensing paid on the Unity store etc etc.

5. Some backers charge back on the credit cards and get their money back as things crash and burn.

6. Brad then a few weeks later declares the project back in development. "Hires" a team of volunteers including a woman, her husband and 3 of her home schooled children to be on this new "developer team".  Said woman then is given the title of lead for the project due to her attempts to make a bible mmo and other similar religious projects. http://www.laurenewells.com/  Other "devs" are pulled from the few backers that continue to drink the cool aid on the project.

7. Brad then starts doing horrible video's every other week claiming that it is all "progress" by his "team".  It quickly gets pointed out that the terrain, monsters and characters he "shows off" are completely stock assets from Unity.  He continues to do this to this very day.

8. Two devs(moderators for his tumbleweeds forum) are removed from their positions: one for exposing some of the issues with the project and brad. The other for not getting along with other members of the team.

9. It is learned that  Ian Jones, host for Brad's pantheon website is the former host of an infamous forums of the past known as Fires of Heaven. Questions are put to him whether the pantheon website are in fact being hosted for free to which is refuses to answer. If true, then statements made by him in point 6 become that much more contentious.

10. Brad comes out to defend his choice of team and the money he took. This time he claims the money was for back pay, which contradicts his statements months ago as being advanced pay.

And much much more.

This discussion has been closed.