Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

30 days of free time runs out next week...

FoobarxFoobarx Member Posts: 451
How do you think Wildstar is going to fare?  They need some sort of kick in the pants to see if they really have staying power... like Archeage going open beta... that would be a real test.

Comments

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

As much as i like the game, unfortunately i dont see much staying power.

They do alot of things right, but in the end it won't be enough for too many people. It's either that Carbine released the game in a state that included too many amateur mistakes or NCSoft pushed them for a launch at least 6 month too soon.

Some servers do already feel empty now and while Carbine states that this depends on their population management which is a matter of their server-technology, i'm not sure running into the first other player in a MMO at level 25 is a healthy thing in the genre.

As to their endgame: various aspects of it are not going to work the way they are designed and Carbine will find that out the hard way.

IMO by now it's about safe to say that they are as helpless in regards to the blatant performance problem as Trion was and still is, Wildstar will give Rift a run for the "best game you've never played because..."

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Tagged for future reference.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i uninstalled a few days ago. I cant force myself to play a game where only the visuals keep me interested.

I want to say that i hope the game does well, but I also want game companies to open their eyes and realise that making the same mmos over and over and over is not the way to go. So if it does well, good. And if it fails, please learn the lesson once and for all.

• DatawarlockDatawarlock Member Posts: 338
    Originally posted by Foobarx
    How do you think Wildstar is going to fare?  They need some sort of kick in the pants to see if they really have staying power... like Archeage going open beta... that would be a real test.

Test? The game was released quite some time ago. How do you talk alphas and betas and buy your way into testing a game that's already out? This is why I'm moving to Europe, western culture really is stupid lol.

• BhobBhob Member UncommonPosts: 126

Unfortunately I think it's going to go the way of alot of modern MMOs.  I cancelled my account but I will keep it installed just in case.  

Not that it is a accurate benchmark, but it's interesting that Wildstar on Twitch has dropped pretty far on the viewership, where WoW is always pretty high despite the fact half the time people are just standing in town BSing...