Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

bored of GW2 now, but whats some good non-sub suggestions?

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

I am starting to get bored of GW2 so I want to take a break. But whats some good nonsub based MMOs the come close to GW2?

I was thinking about rejoining Rift, but cant stand the leveling grind there.

any other options?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    defiance is an ok game and just went free. If you've never played it, it's worth while. At least till the story content runs out.
  • nastyjmannastyjman Member Posts: 161
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

I am starting to get bored of GW2 so I want to take a break. But whats some good nonsub based MMOs the come close to GW2?

any other options?

I'd say dabble on a different genre. When I get bored and need a break in GW2, I play CS:GO until I get bored with that. It still has the multiplayer aspect of it and satiates my competitive craving--but I can't, for the life of me, do MOBAs.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

Still playing through Mod3 of Neverwinter.  It's got the same reduced skill set as GW2 but does this surprisingly well. I'd say it has one of the best combat mechanics out of the recent set of action mmo's.

Now of course being a Perfect World game there's a couple of caveats here:

1. Cash shop - there are two options to get some of the better items. Burn your bank account on the game, or grind it for ages. This game does heavily favour those who throw money at it.

2. Game performance can vary depending where you are. No eu located server, and the eu proxy is pretty hopeless.

That said, it's a game you can just dive into. Try it for a few zones and see how you go.

• PiscorePiscore Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Buy Wildstar, play hard and buy CREDD and u make this game B2P like GW2

l2p

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Honestly, I know you asked for only non-sub mmos.  But, if you ever decide to play a sub mmo.  You will probably want to try out Wildstar.  The combat, auction house, and a few other things are very similar.  I enjoy GW2 very much (though I've been bored with it for a while and haven't really touched it in about 5 months).  This made Wildstar enjoyable for me.  Now, don't get me wrong.  I'm not a Wildstar fanboy.  I have 2 characters, one level 18, and one level 14 lol.  I can't seem to stop splitting my time with SWTOR.
  • PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• Jasper300Jasper300 Member Posts: 62

any other options?

I'm in the same boat as you buddy lol.

Got a lvl 80 ele, thief and guardian did crazy amounts of WvW and dungeons but im bored of it. I cant go back to tab targeting combat but I can't play wildstar either because I'm a grown ass man and I can't play a game that visually looks like spongue bob square pants meets Ratchet and Clank on ps3 lol

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    Dark souls one and two,once you play dark souls all other games seems trivial.
  • JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

TSW is a unique experience if you like story driven mmo and that kind of theme (the envoriment and storys are amazing).

leave few months ago, dont know how it is atm, i bealive its B2P.

• KarazulKarazul Member CommonPosts: 39
    Got bored with GW2 too. No I am playing TSW And i have to say I am impressed. Four months now And still a lot to do. And the story is crazy good!
  • BailoPan15BailoPan15 Member Posts: 410
    Originally posted by Karazul
    Got bored with GW2 too. No I am playing TSW And i have to say I am impressed. Four months now And still a lot to do. And the story is crazy good!

Completed all the maps DLCs and investigations in under 2 months. I don't know what you are doing

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

TSW maybe? It is rather different which is important when you take a break.

Originally posted by BailoPan15

Completed all the maps DLCs and investigations in under 2 months. I don't know what you are doing

That really both depends on how much you play and how you play. But OP wanted a break anyways, not a game that would last him years so TSW is still a good choice.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Originally posted by Loke666
    Originally posted by BailoPan15

That really both depends on how much you play and how you play. But OP wanted a break anyways, not a game that would last him years so TSW is still a good choice.

Agree 100%, don't let any hater/s put you off.  Try this game, I believe you will enjoy it.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

TSW is good game - but it has one of the worst combat systems in history of video games.

Its so bad that it ruins everything else in the game.

F2P game that I found suprisingly good is Neverwinter.

Combat system is as it goes for twitch systems in MMOs , probably best one. And the game story is actually very good.

If you like D&D or Faerun - well its even better.

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Firefall has engaged me with some great combat. The game will officially launch this year (after a painfully long beta). 
  • tokinitokini Member UncommonPosts: 372
    Originally posted by MrMelGibson
    Honestly, I know you asked for only non-sub mmos.  But, if you ever decide to play a sub mmo.  You will probably want to try out Wildstar.  The combat, auction house, and a few other things are very similar.  I enjoy GW2 very much (though I've been bored with it for a while and haven't really touched it in about 5 months).  This made Wildstar enjoyable for me.  Now, don't get me wrong.  I'm not a Wildstar fanboy.  I have 2 characters, one level 18, and one level 14 lol.  I can't seem to stop splitting my time with SWTOR.

you can pay for your Wildstar sub with in game currency as well, (CREDD system) so it is possible to play it for 'free' - barring the initial purchase of course.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    If you want to stay away from the fantasy mmo and try something totally different, then I would recommend The Secret World, but if your strapped for money and don't mind playing the SciFi theme, go with Star Wars the Old Republic.

any other options?

TERA maybe? It is not that unlike GW2 in combat (at least compared to Rift) and should be good for a break at least. Very pretty but the quests tend to be somewhat grindy and uninspired. 

There is always Neverwinter even though it so called "action based combat" frustrated me personally since it felt so slow and boring compared to GW2s.

TSW is a bit different but if you havn't tried it and could think yourself something other than fantasy it is my top suggestion. :)

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

Check out Divinity Original Sin.

Not an MMORPGG but it has co-op option. Releases on the 30th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mea7Pa3rhJU

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders