Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Compilation of What We Know About Trion's 1.0 Approximation Patch

seraphynxseraphynx Member UncommonPosts: 147

In case people didn't know 1.0 in korea is basically what drove down this game as it changed so many core aspects of the original game it just was not the same(basically they pulled a SWG CU on the game).. luckily Trion is not allowing most of the huge changes to come to the US version.. here is a summary of some things changing and not changing for the US 1.0

Class Changes

The Korean/Russian/Japanese versions of the 1.0 patch all included a heavy rework to the class balance. One major part of this overreaching design change is that TTK (Time To Kill) has been greatly lengthened across the board. This means that ALL "2-shot" combos are gone. The idea behind this is to give the gankee a chance rather than just guaranteeing that the first person to attack wins. Considering that all of these included the exact same changes, here's what we can expect:

• Sorcery got hit very, very hard. In line with the general TTK nerfs: all "2-shot" combos in sorcery have been killed and the DPS has been heavily reduced.
  • Vitalism's damage has basically been negated. Honestly though: who takes the healing tree to deal damage?
  • All melee "2-shot" combos have been removed. Looking at you Shadowplay + Battlerage users.
  • The magic defense formula has been greatly reworked. Basically: this means that magic no longer has a very, very quick TTK over all.
  • The Witchcraft tree is getting a lot more utility. Many of the skills will now also transfer/damage health and mana that did not do so prior.
  • Occultism is getting an overall damage increase to be closer to the new Sorcery levels. All characters are getting a large HP boost in line with the TTK nerfs.

Crafting Changes

• The Korean 1.0 "experimental" crafting changes are NOT going live in Trion's version.
  • 50,000 will still be the crafting max rather than 90,000.
  • You will still gain XP from crafting making leveling through crafting a viable option still.
  • Crafting patterns will retain their current, or even have reduced, labor costs.
  • Crafting patterns will retain their current materials costs in general with a few being reduced.
  • The Korean labor point reduction is NOT going live. We'll still have enough labor to do what we want without being required to buy labor potions just to do what we do now.

PvP Changes

-A lot of the major PvP changes were due to the class reworks/rebalances, but there are a couple of others. - PvP now grants XP rather than serving no purpose outside of fun and honor during war times. - Arena rankings may be making a comeback in a more balanced form.

PvE Changes

The Korean version did a huge rework on the PvE portions of the game which basically made the game into 90% a Themepark. Thankfully Trion is very, very much against these changes. Here's what we can expect: - Quests will still give XP, unlike the Korean version. - Quest items will be more rare, but higher quality. - Enemies will have enhanced XP from kills. - Enemies will still drop money bags. - Money bag jackpots will still exist, but at a "more reasonable" level. No more 10,000g bags. - A general PvE difficulty increase is incoming.

Currency Changes

This is huge, but not in the "screw your trade runs and thus 50% of the game" huge like in the Korean/Russian/Japanese versions.

• Nui Tears are being removed and merged with Gilda Stars.
  • Gilda Stars will no longer be available as rewards for intracontinental trade runs.
  • Gilda Stars will no longer be available from fishing lockboxes. Gilda stars will be rewarded at an 80/20 rate for stolen packs. Thus a 10star pack stolen from someone will net 8 to the person who turns it in and 2 to the original creator.
  • Costs on certain items are being reworked to allow a wider range of starting options to buy with the Gilda Stars you get from completing your main story quest at 30.

Miscellaneous Changes

Some little tidbits that have been leaked but dont' really fit under the above categories. - Mount speed has been increased over all. - Timing of mount speed buffs will now matter. - Hereafter stone costs have been GREATLY reduced. - Possible removal/merger of refined hereafter stones.

A Few Side Notes

The current Alpha Server population is roughly what you can expect from live servers. This means an 8-10k population cap per server before queues hit. Don't worry though: less than 50% of players will pay for the sub so land won't be at quite as much of a premium, but we won't have barren lands and empty worlds either.

The game uses the same Auction House service that Guild Wars 2 uses. This likely means that the AH will be cross-server rather than server-specific. Given the rarity of certain items, looking at you Thunderstruck Tree, this makes a lot of sense.

Potential cash-shop implementation. Don't worry: anything you spend during alpha/beta will be refunded when live hits. The idea is to test the cash shop, not penalize players for trying it out.

Sub time will be purchasable from the cash shop and sellable on the Auction House.

Comments

• seraphynxseraphynx Member UncommonPosts: 147
    oops meant to edit original post

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    We know nothing.. nothing at all. Unless people start basing everything on the eastern concepts which i think will lead to massive wrong prejudices
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
    Originally posted by timeraider
    We know nothing.. nothing at all. Unless people start basing everything on the eastern concepts which i think will lead to massive wrong prejudices

? these were taken from the alpha forums from Trion or are you talking about what happened to the game in the East?

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353

For love of god, this game should not be a themepark. I realize I never want to play a themepark again and if no sandboxes are released in the MMO genre, then I will not play MMOs until they are.

I do think that Time To Kill is an issue and should be looked into.

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
    Originally posted by JDis25

For love of god, this game should not be a themepark. I realize I never want to play a themepark again and if no sandboxes are released in the MMO genre, then I will not play MMOs until they are.

I do think that Time To Kill is an issue and should be looked into.

they are nerfing all the 2 hit kill combos and revamping the healing in the game so TTK should be a lot better than it is now

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

Perhaps I'm clueless but I checked the Alpha forums and couldn't find anything official describing the above. Where exactly are you getting this information from the Alpha Forums?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Redemp

Perhaps I'm clueless but I checked the Alpha forums and couldn't find anything official describing the above. Where exactly are you getting this information from the Alpha Forums?

Thanks.

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?11353-A-Compilation-of-What-We-Know-About-Trion-s-1.0-Approximation-Patch

• RudderRudder Member UncommonPosts: 80

The only news we are getting is from posters in the forum's who ARE NOT the Devlopers/Translators. WE are being kept in the dark as Scapes and crew post very little and say even less. Their supposed weekly feed never says anything.

As for a list from Trion? Total BS as they are not the original developer and we won't know what actually will be in any patch. Heck, we still don't really know IF and WHEN a BETA will occur; we know even less about the release timeline of the translated version of this game.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

So XLGames are going to develop a special version of Archeage for NA/EU players in parallel to the Korean (and Russian ?) version of the game ?

If they change the TTK for one version of the game, all future class tweaks or features in that version cannot be seamlessly applied to the other version of the game. So game patches will have to be split up into multiple parts so they don't affect aspects of one version that are not the same in another version.

How exactly are they going to pull this off ? It's going to be expensive and awkward, and there'll be a high risk of code contamination between the 2 versions of the game. It sounds like AA is not exactly a roaring success in its home country, can they afford to develop and support multiple versions side-by-side ?

I can imagine them leaving out certain mounts or armour models, etc., but base game code ? That's a recipe for disaster in the long run.

• dandurindandurin Member UncommonPosts: 498
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

So XLGames are going to develop a special version of Archeage for NA/EU players in parallel to the Korean (and Russian ?) version of the game ?

If they change the TTK for one version of the game, all future class tweaks or features in that version cannot be seamlessly applied to the other version of the game. So game patches will have to be split up into multiple parts so they don't affect aspects of one version that are not the same in another version.

How exactly are they going to pull this off ? It's going to be expensive and awkward, and there'll be a high risk of code contamination between the 2 versions of the game. It sounds like AA is not exactly a roaring success in its home country, can they afford to develop and support multiple versions side-by-side ?

I can imagine them leaving out certain mounts or armour models, etc., but base game code ? That's a recipe for disaster in the long run.

TTK would be strictly data.

(Hit points, spell damage, resists, etc.)

• LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 648

I've been *trying* to follow this game for a long time. Unfortunately, info is limited as most of the game had not been translated for a while. I'm still surprised at how little we actually do know about it other than some videos, screen shots and speculation.

I'm all for the concept of this game and also have friends who played EQ a loooong time ago that are looking forward to this game... or so we all think. It really is hard to say when we're provided such little detail while the game is so close to release.

The email I received a couple days ago just left me baffled. "Exactly what changes have been made?" is what I thought since there was such little to go on in the first place. Thanks OP for at least shedding some light on this. Hopefully they de-themepark-ize the game for its release, but I'm still wondering if this just isn't a taste of what may come down the line... after I've invested money and months of play-time into the game.

I suppose what I really want is some guarantee from the Publishers and Developers that they aren't going to let this game go down the same route as SWG or cash in to popular trends and become another WoW clone like every other game released these days. That patch shows that someone, somewhere up in the ranks has an ulterior motive for this game... and it makes me nervous.