Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer 40.000: Eternal Crusade: FAQ Updated with New Information

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Fans of Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade will want to check out the updated FAQ on the official site. The most notable new information is the release information on the alpha modules.

• First Wave: Those who purchased Captain Packs will gain access as each of these game modules gets released.

• Second Wave: Those who purchased Sergeant Packs will gain access 30 days after the module is released.

• Third Wave: Those who purchased Warrior Packs will gain access 60 days after the module is released.

Check out the full FAQ on the Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

Will the world be instanced?

The PvP gameplay of Eternal Crusade takes place primarily in an open world, without any instancing. Our PvE game modes take place in instanced areas, below the surface of the planet, but you will need to find them in the open world to enter. There may be further use of instancing in the game, but it should generally be the exception rather than the rule. There will definitely be instanced areas for players to role-play in, display trophies, and decorate or customize—ships, housing, etc.

-this sounds exciting reminds me of eveonline's  taking over Regions! for mining and shops etc...iam liking this alot!!!

• DenambrenDenambren Member UncommonPosts: 399

I suggest taking a look at the few gameplay videos out there before pledging - the game engine seems to be very incomplete, along with very few game assets.

I'm not sure if BE is experienced or large enough to handle completing and polishing an engine, and then finishing all game assets without cutting huge corners.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    I guess optimism breeds excitement.  I don't see much MMO experience on their development team though.  Hard to say if the game will be anything like people think.
  • GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    I guess optimism breeds excitement.  I don't see much MMO experience on their development team though.  Hard to say if the game will be anything like people think.

No game in history has delivered on what people think, why should this one be any different.

The games are marketed to drum up hype and get the players minds going wild with expectations(example Everquest Next) - the hype is what generates initial interest and sales.

The actual game delivered is never even near the hype, that's how it goes.

This.

MMORPG.com?

I would be interested in knowing more about this link

Behaviour
    Miguel Caron
    Studio Head, Online Games and
    Executive Producer for:
    Warhammer 40 000 Eternal Crusade
    Chris Roberts, Star Citizen
    Twitter: @miguelcaron

bhvr.com

What exactly is the relationship here?  (Yes I can read - but in this case - looks like an interview opportunity? - or did i miss it already?)

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.